[ROM] Android4Autism v1.0 L900VPALJC 11/24/2012 "Are You Autism Aware?"

Search This thread

UND3RTAK3R

Jun 12, 2010
Great ROM so far. Only thing that seems broken is the cursor shown for the pen. On stock I had a small circle appear under the pen on the home screens. Now there is nothing. In S-Note app, the arrows that appear when panning the canvas are not correct -- points up on the right edge, points right on the bottom edge, points down on left edge, no arrow on top edge. Functionally the pen works but all the cursors are incorrect for some reason...

Diddo ;)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ptfdmedic

tymansdaddy

May 8, 2011
Maryville TN
Quadrant score with perseus kernel oc'd to 1800

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355069959535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355069959535.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 381

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android4Autism-banner-Desktops-conflicted-copy-2011-10-28.png

For those of you that don't remember me, I released the midNIGHT ROM back on the Epic 4G and the EpicTouch 4G. The purpose of the release was to bring Autism Awareness to the Android community. As the father to 3 boys on the Autism Spectrum, spreading awareness is my mission. It worked amazingly well. Even now, there are Autism Awareness banners in peoples signatures and that's awesome.

Anyway, I retired after the Epic Touch 4G because things with my family demanded all of my time and energy.

I never stopped tinkering but never released anything publicly. I decided that I would throw my hat in one last time and release what I've been using, in case anyone is interested. I have also re-branded the ROM from midNIGHT to Android4Autism, as this is a project I began awhile ago. The mission of Android4Autism is to show the community that you don't need a overpriced iPad to help your child with developmental disabilities like Autism, to communicate with and navigate their world.

What does this ROM include?

This is a basic ROM based on the Deodexed L900VPALJC OTA by joshbeach and is geared for people who don't want anything heavily modded and or tweaked. I prefer simple and clean to heavily themed. This is a very stock ROM, nothing fancy.

Apps installed to data so they are easily uninstallable:

Apex Launcher
    Nova Launcher
    Books
    Currents
    Docs
    Wallet (Doesn't Work. Sorry. Please uninstall if you don't want it)
    Play Music
    Play Videos
    Talk
    YouTube
    Goo Manager
    Flipboard
    Photo Edit
    TecTile
    Kies
    Autism Help App (This is a custom Forum app for my Autism Help Forums Donated by Tapatalk) Remove is your don't need it.
    Polaris Office 4
    Sprint Zone (if you remove you can no longer call *2)
    Sprint Voicemail

MOD/Tweaks/Themes/Credits

Tweaked the updater Script to show Autism Facts. Learn something while you flash the ROM.
    1% Battery MOD (Me)
    4:1 Reboot Menu (Thanks joshbeach)
    Disable SMS screen-On Notification (Thanks lbxmobbin_1)
    MultiWindow Mod - All Apps (Thanks -viperboy-)
    "Stock" themed with as much orange/yellow removed as possible and black notification bar (Me)
    Changed Default Ringtone (Me)
    Added Rhodium Ringtones and UI sounds (a blast from the past) (Me)
    Debloated
    Thanks to joshbeach for the deodexed base.

If I missed anyone in the credit department, please PM me and I'll fix it. I'm brain dead right now and sorely lacking sleep.

Instructions:

This ROM does not wipe your DATA.

SUPER IMPORTANT: Always back up prior to flashing any ROM. Things happen and it's nice to have a backup to recover from.

1) Copy ROM to your internal memory or SD card.
    2) Boot into TWRP and Flash. Learn something about Autism while the ROM installs. :)
    -------If you experience issues, wipe everything and re-flash.

I have not tested this with CWM but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Download This is a direct link to my server. Should be pretty quick. Mirror 1, Mirror 2 Mirros thanks to k0nane

If you want to thank me,

Please visit my award winning blog and educated yourself on Autism.

You can also join my Atomic Tribe on Triberr and help me spread my message of awareness. All you need to do is follow this link http://JoinTri.be/34699. From there, simply follow the instructions and join the tribe.

For more ways to help spread the word you can visit my blogs Donate page. Don't let the word "donate" fool you. You can donate by tweeting a post or simply clicking the "Like" button. This pages shows all the ways you can help. :) No money is required, just a few minutes of your time.
    Autism Education

This is directly from Autism Speaks

What is Autism?

Autism is a general term used to describe a group of complex developmental brain disorders known as Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD). The other pervasive developmental disorders are PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder – Not
    Otherwise Specified), Asperger’s Syndrome, Rett Syndrome and Childhood Disintegrative Disorder. Many parents and professionals refer to this group as Autism Spectrum Disorders.

How common is Autism?

Today, it is estimated that one in every 88 children is diagnosed with autism, making it more common than childhood cancer, juvenile diabetes and pediatric AIDS combined. An estimated 1.5 million individuals in the U.S. and tens of millions worldwide are affected by autism. Government statistics suggest the prevalence rate of autism is increasing 10-17 percent annually. There is not established explanation for this increase, although improved diagnosis and environmental influences are two reasons often considered. Studies suggest boys are more likely than girls to develop autism and receive the diagnosis three to four times more frequently. Current estimates are that in the United States alone, 1 out of 54 boys is diagnosed with autism.

What causes Autism?

The simple answer is we don’t know. The vast majority of cases of autism are idiopathic, which means the cause is unknown.
    The more complex answer is that just as there are different levels of severity and combinations of symptoms in autism, there are probably multiple causes. The best scientific evidence available to us today points toward a potential for various combinations of factors causing autism – multiple genetic components that may cause autism on their own or possibly when combined with exposure to as yet undetermined environmental factors. Timing of exposure during the child’s development (before, during or after birth) may also play a role in the development or final presentation of the disorder.

A small number of cases can be linked to genetic disorders such as Fragile X, Tuberous Sclerosis, and Angelman’s Syndrome, as well as exposure to environmental agents such as infectious ones (maternal rubella or cytomegalovirus) or chemical ones (thalidomide or valproate) during pregnancy.

There is a growing interest among researchers about the role of the functions and regulation of the immune system in autism – both within the body and the brain. Piecemeal evidence over the past 30 years suggests that autism may involve inflammation in the central nervous system. There is also emerging evidence from animal studies that illustrates how the immune system can influence behaviors related to autism. Autism Speaks is working to extend awareness and investigation of potential immunological issues to researchers outside the field of autism as well as those within the autism research community.

While the definitive cause (or causes) of autism is not yet clear, it is clear that it is not caused by bad parenting. Dr. Leo Kanner, the psychiatrist who first described autism as a unique condition in 1943, believed that it was caused by cold, unloving mothers. Bruno Bettelheim, a renowned professor of child development perpetuated this misinterpretation of autism. Their promotion of the idea that unloving mothers caused their children’s autism created a generation of parents who carried the tremendous burden of guilt for their children’s disability.

In the 1960s and 70s, Dr. Bernard Rimland, the father of a son with autism, who later founded the Autism Society of America and the Autism Research Institute, helped the medical community understand that autism is not caused by cold parents but rather is a biological disorder.

====================================================================================================================

10 Things My #Autistic Kids Wished You Knew

Written by me, Rob Gorski (Lost and Tired) about and dedicated to my three amazingly beautiful children.

1. I’m sorry I have fits but I’m not a spoiled brat. I’m just so much younger on the inside than I am on the outside.

2. I’m easily overwhelmed because I see and hear everything. I hear the lights hum and clock tick. Everything is so loud it makes my head hurt all the time and my eyes hurt from all the bright lights.

3. I’m not stupid, I’m actually very smart. I just don’t learn the way you want me to. Please learn about Autism so you know how to help me better understand what you are trying to teach.

4. Please don’t be mad at mommy and daddy because we don’t come over for holidays or birthdays. They really want to go but I don’t do well at another person’s house. It’s too overwhelming for me and they know that. They don’t go because they love me, NOT because they don’t like you.

5. Please have patience with me. I try really hard to make good decisions but I can be very impulsive at times.

6. Yes, I have Autism but that doesn't mean I’m less of a person because of it. If anything, I’m actually more of a person in spite of it.

7. My house might be messy sometimes. It’s because my mommy and daddy spend all their time trying to find new ways to help me or teach my brother to talk..

8. Just because I can’t talk doesn't mean I don’t understand what you are saying. My feelings can be hurt just like yours.

9. I wish my mommy and daddy knew how much I love them. I have a really hard time with emotions and I don’t always like to be touched. But I love them more than anything in the world, even more then my Lego’s.

10. I know I can be frustrating but don’t tell me I won’t amount to anything because I have Autism. If you love and support me I WILL do great things in my life in spite of my challenges.

Read more: 10 Things my Autistic kids wished you knew » Lost and Tired http://lostandtired.com/2011/04/15/10-things-my-autistic-kids-wished-you-knew/#ixzz2DDBGOazZ
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
    Follow us: @Lost_and_Tired on Twitter | 141426269203202 on Facebook
    this is the last one
    Hi, I'm k0nane. You might know me as k0nane.

Watch for mirrors in the morning, this ROM is on the mirror network.

Wait, did I actually contribute something useful to someone's ROM thread this time? I usually just spam up ecooce's place...
    Ptfdmedic, this is awesome. Thanks for this I've never seen something like this before. Your doing this for an awesome cause and I thank you again for taking your time to raise awareness for such an important concern that commonly gets overlooked. :)!

Sent from my XT897 using xda app-developers app