[APP][JB] ApolloMOD - Modified Apollo Music player(updated 3/10/13)

Search This thread

ZackehSoul

Nov 2, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
zackehh.com
Really? I had tried the version found here without success . . . Any chance you could pull the .apk and post it up here?

It worked worked with official app previously, when I get a chance to work on this again I will look into it and see why it's failing now..

I forked the source and added Last.fm support back in for you and submitted a pull request. Should be working again now, if you wanna test it on your device first and then upload it to the OP :)

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
Awesome work .....I'll test it out tommorrow

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
I was just looking at what you changed, most of those files you pulled in from the original apollo still exist within apollomod(just within a different location) and the ones that do not exist have had their functionality collapsed into another file. It must be a path issue thats causing it to fail.

ZackehSoul

Nov 2, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
zackehh.com
I was just looking at what you changed, most of those files you pulled in from the original apollo still exist within apollomod(just within a different location) and the ones that do not exist have had their functionality collapsed into another file. It must be a path issue thats causing it to fail.

That's odd. Perhaps just moving back to that package is a good option for the time being whilst you figure out the issue in your edited files.

Edit: I just reinstalled the same APK (as in the one from the OP) and now Last.fm scrobbling is working again. Not sure what went wrong, is scrobbling working for everyone else?

Sent from my One S C2 using xda premium

Last edited:

explorer-10

Dec 28, 2010
L.A.
Does installing this require installing the original Apollo.apk? the size of the app itself in the OP is pretty small...

arins.inc

Jan 8, 2013
ApolloMod crashes in eclipse

Description:
This is the great thing about Open source, you find an app that is almost exactly what you want and you can tweak it to make it perfect for yourself!

This is based on CM10.1 Apollo Music source code, with lots and lots of changes. The package name will be ApolloMod from this version forward.

NOTE: You will have to hit 'play' or another button on the widget to get it to change themes after altering settings, I am working on getting the widgets to update themselves after a setting has changed.

Features:
- Reworked ALOT of the UI, some big changes & some small(check the screenshots below)
- Fetches album art from files before fetching from the web
- Ability to edit album, artist, playlist & genre images(long press images on their respective views)
- Tab visibility controls(only show the tabs you wish)
- Grabs highest quality images available from the web
- Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
- Extended notifications
- Audio visualizations on now playing screen(experimental at this point)

zPbrrxq.png

bhguvpT.png

9MwbZDn.png

H8wPy7S.png

y5QIymQ.png

Changelog:

-v1.1
fixed FC bug on some devices

-v1 after renaming to ApolloMod
renamed package ApolloMod
added ability to edit images
Experimental audio visualizations on now playing screen
Extended notification
Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
small UI tweaks here and there
fixed theme issues caused by earlier changes
changes under the hood here and there(such as storing images of appropriate size in memory cache instead of large ones)

----versions previous to package name change ------
-v3
more UI changes
now attempts to fetch album art from mediastore before fetching from the web
grab the highest quality image available instead of defaulting to the smallest image available on last.fm
various other small changes

-v2
lots of UI changes
fixed it so that the UI of main screen only refreshes after settings have been changed

-v1
initial post
added the ability to choose which tabs show

Github Repo(all changes have been moved to a seperate repo)
https://github.com/Splitter/android_packages_apps_apolloMod

DOWNLOAD:

Latest version HERE!!!!!

IF YOU USE MY WORK IN YOUR ROM I WOULD APPRECIATE AT LEAST A THANKS

I want to compile it eclipse and download the source code from github.There is no error in the project but there are some warnings and after running it on the emulator it just crashes with the message "Unfortunately,Apollo has stopped".Please fix it;its very urgent for me.
Thank You

BigSplit

Jan 7, 2012
1. Don't quote a whole post like that.
2. Always get a logcat if you want any help with anything here.
4. Your problem is most likely that you do not have the emulator configured correct, run it on a device instead.
5. I really don't have time to help.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

amintnt

Sep 4, 2011
The very minor issue I've encountered is that when shuffle is on, Previous button does not work, it just goes back to the beginning of the song while when touched once it's supposed to go back to the beginning of the song and when touched again, play previous song.

Last edited:

Skywalker.00

Sep 14, 2013
Monroe, NC
Just curious. Why is this app include permissions to test access to protected storage?

It says the permission allows the app to test a permission for the SD card the will be available on future devices. I've put a firewall on it just in case.

EDIT: I used to use LBE privacy guard, a terribly useful little tool, but last time I ran it on CM10, when granted superuser access for the first time it sent me straight into a boot loop, unfortunate because I loved being able to restrict permissions like that.

Sent from my SGH-T796 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Just curious. Why is this app include permissions to test access to protected storage?

It says the permission allows the app to test a permission for the SD card the will be available on future devices. I've put a firewall on it just in case.

EDIT: I used to use LBE privacy guard, a terribly useful little tool, but last time I ran it on CM10, when granted superuser access for the first time it sent me straight into a boot loop, unfortunate because I loved being able to restrict permissions like that.

Sent from my SGH-T796 using xda app-developers app

Try Xposed Framework and Xposed App Settings to revoke permissions

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

Reactions: Titchener17

Sami Kabir

Oct 3, 2012
Hey mate, thanks for the app! It works great on my SGSA but the only problem I have is that it Force Closes if I keep changing the current Music a few times, the app and/or the controller (from the Notification menu) will stop responding and the app will Force Close..

Chad The Pathfinder

Mar 18, 2012
Central Kentucky
OnePlus 8T
Reactions: Sami Kabir

Mitko

Oct 29, 2009
Loving it, but there is just one small problem for me. Is there any way I can make it stop fetching missing album art of the artists? I do not want images appearing next to the songs names while I am browsing my songs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description:
    This is the great thing about Open source, you find an app that is almost exactly what you want and you can tweak it to make it perfect for yourself!

This is based on CM10.1 Apollo Music source code, with lots and lots of changes. The package name will be ApolloMod from this version forward.

NOTE: You will have to hit 'play' or another button on the widget to get it to change themes after altering settings, I am working on getting the widgets to update themselves after a setting has changed.

Features:
    - Reworked ALOT of the UI, some big changes & some small(check the screenshots below)
    - Fetches album art from files before fetching from the web
    - Ability to edit album, artist, playlist & genre images(long press images on their respective views)
    - Tab visibility controls(only show the tabs you wish)
    - Grabs highest quality images available from the web
    - Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
    - Extended notifications
    - Audio visualizations on now playing screen(experimental at this point)

zPbrrxq.png

bhguvpT.png

9MwbZDn.png

H8wPy7S.png

y5QIymQ.png

Changelog:

-v1.1
    fixed FC bug on some devices

-v1 after renaming to ApolloMod
    renamed package ApolloMod
    added ability to edit images
    Experimental audio visualizations on now playing screen
    Extended notification
    Ability to choose widget style (holo dark or holo light)
    small UI tweaks here and there
    fixed theme issues caused by earlier changes
    changes under the hood here and there(such as storing images of appropriate size in memory cache instead of large ones)

----versions previous to package name change ------
    -v3
    more UI changes
    now attempts to fetch album art from mediastore before fetching from the web
    grab the highest quality image available instead of defaulting to the smallest image available on last.fm
    various other small changes

-v2
    lots of UI changes
    fixed it so that the UI of main screen only refreshes after settings have been changed

-v1
    initial post
    added the ability to choose which tabs show

Github Repo(all changes have been moved to a seperate repo)
    https://github.com/Splitter/android_packages_apps_apolloMod

DOWNLOAD:

Latest version HERE!!!!!

IF YOU USE MY WORK IN YOUR ROM I WOULD APPRECIATE AT LEAST A THANKS
    OP updated with new version, if you have any problems please let me know.
    I borrowed the design of google plays extended notifications style
    bgGSM23.png
    I might just end up releasing another version in the next couple days with what I have completed... I'm having trouble finding the time to work on this(12 hours a day, 6 days a week is a killer)

changes completed so far.....
    extended notifiication
    more small ui tweaks
    image editing
    audio visualizations(experimental right now)
    choice of widget styles (holo light or holo dark)
    and I think that's it so far
    Some people may be interested in this other Apollo derivative, the design is quite different then mine but it is ICS+. I believe he has incorporated many of my other changes in the code base, besides the design.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.locomain.nexmusic