{ZL}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Are there any missing features on CM 11 when compared to CM 10.1 or 10.2? For example: screen brightness control by sliding the status bar, or battery icon with the percentage on status bar (not the circle one). I'm only asking because I've flashed Dec 15th nightly on my Galaxy S i9000 and those features are missing... I'd appreciate if someone could tell me if these features are present again. Thanks!

melquisedec

Feb 14, 2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

We are entering in 4-th year of FreeXperiaProject existence and from now build number will be FXP3XX

3 indicates year (we started from 0)
XX week

FXP301 released!

Where can I download this Rom. And how to install it? I have installed CM11 nightly.

Enviado desde mi C6503 mediante Tapatalk

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
Its just about PIE ???

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

I know this is not the proper channel for posting opinions and reviews on current Nightly ROM development. I apologize for posting it here. Please don't see this as an act of defiance or anything. I am very passionate about CM ROMs and its development. I'm just trying to point out what's not good so the devs can try it out themselves, reproduce the glitches and work on a way of improving things.

I honestly think PIE Control was much better than this new, hidden virtual controls that has been implemented. This new one present on CM11 just doesn't work as intended, and I find myself pressing menus (from within an app) when I try to back out of it. I really wish someone would/could bring back PIE Controls on CM 11.

There are some other issues with Jan 13th 2014 build when it comes to functionality and some missing options/menus that were present in CM 10.1 for example.

The new camera menus are absolute crap. I can work with that, but please, someone bring back the Store on External SD card option. That's an essential feature.

The icons on default launcher are huge. What's up with that? It's all bloated and washed out... Does it look like THAT bad on a Nexus 5??? This time around I was thinking of keeping the default launcher but it looks like crap so... Any suggestions for a new launcher? I've always had Apex Pro on my previous CM installs.

The default Web Browser (I think it's called Chromium?) is performing so poorly this time around... It basically seem to have lost all of my bookmarks cause it just refuses to pull them out of the cloud like it always did since CM7 up until CM10.2. The zooming feature (double tap) just refuses to work properly. I keep on double tapping the screen and nothing happens. It's really frustrating...

I've downloaded about 11 pdf files off the internet and the system kept tabs on it as it should, but when I tried to pull down the notification bar it was performing very poorly the animation was choppy for both quick settings menu and notifications bar. Clearing the notifications history fixed this. But should this ever occur?

For some reason I'm unable to uninstall system apps with Titanium Backup or any other app.

Thank goodness DSP Manager is working properly this time around. But....

Bluetooth connection sucks. It is really really bad. It constantly cuts and skips the music playback every other 5 - 15 seconds. Is there someone looking into that? In comparison, my almost 4 year old Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 is rockin' CM 11 without this problem.

I think that this is about it. Other than that the system seems to be working properly. I can't comment on anything else since I've got CM11 running on my Xperia ZL less than 5 hours ago.

I would like to take the time to thank FXP, FreeXperia Project and the rest of the community and developers that are constantly improving and enhancing the code and the experience for all of us.

Thank you all!

Cheers!

feydakin

Jan 23, 2011
Berlin
Bluetooth connection sucks. It is really really bad. It constantly cuts and skips the music playback every other 5 - 15 seconds. Is there someone looking into that? In comparison, my almost 4 year old Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000 is rockin' CM 11 without this problem.
The music playback (and other sounds) are just bugged, even without bluetooth. I dont have a bluetooth headset to try it, but you could try to increase the minimal cpu speed by one or two steps or change the governor to performance and see if this helps to fix your problem. Im don't think that we will see a fix soon. I've already posted some bugs in the fxp jira and the cm jira but there is just no action (for the sony devices), for many weeks now. I buyed my Xperia ZL because i was sick of the poor Samsung Galaxy S2 support (blame Samsung for the bad community support) but atm I have more problems with the ZL than with the old S2 :/

Reactions: AndroidBR

AndroidBR

Nov 7, 2010
Kansas City
The music playback (and other sounds) are just bugged, even without bluetooth. I dont have a bluetooth headset to try it, but you could try to increase the minimal cpu speed by one or two steps or change the governor to performance and see if this helps to fix your problem. Im don't think that we will see a fix soon. I've already posted some bugs in the fxp jira and the cm jira but there is just no action (for the sony devices), for many weeks now. I buyed my Xperia ZL because i was sick of the poor Samsung Galaxy S2 support (blame Samsung for the bad community support) but atm I have more problems with the ZL than with the old S2 :/
I hear ya brother!
It's so sad that we both turned from Samsung feeling that we've been let down by their horrible developer support and we were taken by the Sony "developer friendly support" bandwagon. But when we look back (my phone is almost a year old now), it doesn't really seem that Sony has (or the dev community for that matter) helped the development of CM for our phone that much.
On a side note, my Sony Xperia ZL has just crapped out on me. About three days ago, I was taking a bunch of photos on a hot day, and I could feel the phone just burning up right beneath the camera lens. I had no coverage so I had the phone under airplane mode. All of the sudden my phone blacks out and I'm unable to get it to come on again. I ended up finding a tiny piece of stick in the woods in order to press the reset button for 5 seconds.
The phone came back up and immediately after I tried to open the camera app the phone would freeze/black out again.
Yesterday I managed to flash the latest firmware from Sony and today I flashed CM11. Everything seemed to be working well (other than the problems I've mentioned earlier today) up until I inserted my carrier's Micro SIM Card on it. The phone started warming up again and blacked out/locked on me.
I think it has something to do with the processor, radio chip and temperature.
This phone is not even 9 months old and I didn't expect it to be so weak or prone to manufacturing defects... I'm at a loss right now, and since I've unlocked it's bootloader (Sony knows it and have it registered in their servers) I probably won't qualify for manufacturers warranty.
I'm now US$ 650 poorer... :(

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
That sucks man....

But I wouldn't say this phone has a lack of support... Seeing as Cyanogenmod, Omni Rom, AOKP and Avatar Rom all support this device directly.

I mean Cyanogenmod11 is only built for a handful of devices right now, and the ZL is included in that list.

The problem is lack of XDA community support. People haven't gone mad with making dozens of "cloned" or "themed" versions of CM, which i think is good. Keep the crap out.

It would be nice to have the same amount of support that our cousin the Xperia Z gets, but I can't complain when most of the big guys are showin us some love.

As for your overheating issue, this phone has a built in safety that will shut it down when temps hit 45 degrees. If you forced it back on after it shut down without letting it properly cool, you may have fried the sensor. Maybe now its sensitive to any dramatic temp increase (which the s4 pro is known for), to the point that it shuts itself down quicker than it should. Not sure though. Just re-lock your bootloader and try sending it in. Worst that could happen is they say no.

Reactions: AndroidBR

feydakin

Jan 23, 2011
Berlin
My Power Button stopped to Work (disable display) with the newest nightly. Flashing back the one from yesterday didnt help... :(
Edit : nvm, After a Minute it works now.

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I hear ya brother!
It's so sad that we both turned from Samsung feeling that we've been let down by their horrible developer support and we were taken by the Sony "developer friendly support" bandwagon. But when we look back (my phone is almost a year old now), it doesn't really seem that Sony has (or the dev community for that matter) helped the development of CM for our phone that much.
On a side note, my Sony Xperia ZL has just crapped out on me. About three days ago, I was taking a bunch of photos on a hot day, and I could feel the phone just burning up right beneath the camera lens. I had no coverage so I had the phone under airplane mode. All of the sudden my phone blacks out and I'm unable to get it to come on again. I ended up finding a tiny piece of stick in the woods in order to press the reset button for 5 seconds.
The phone came back up and immediately after I tried to open the camera app the phone would freeze/black out again.
Yesterday I managed to flash the latest firmware from Sony and today I flashed CM11. Everything seemed to be working well (other than the problems I've mentioned earlier today) up until I inserted my carrier's Micro SIM Card on it. The phone started warming up again and blacked out/locked on me.
I think it has something to do with the processor, radio chip and temperature.
This phone is not even 9 months old and I didn't expect it to be so weak or prone to manufacturing defects... I'm at a loss right now, and since I've unlocked it's bootloader (Sony knows it and have it registered in their servers) I probably won't qualify for manufacturers warranty.
I'm now US$ 650 poorer... :(

Sounds like your battery died... honestly, I think that's a hardware issue they should fix whether you've unlocked it or not... (it should run when plugged into power... did you backup your TA partition prior to unlocking it?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    XDA:DevDB Information
    {ZL}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM11 - Android 4.4 - FreeXperia Project, a ROM for the Sony Xperia ZL

Contributors
    FXP, kali

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    HAPPY NEW YEAR !

We are entering in 4-th year of FreeXperiaProject existence and from now build number will be FXP3XX

3 indicates year (we started from 0)
    XX week

FXP301 released!
    FXP311 released
    people need to learn to lighten up. Christ, just because you don't have android 4.4 CM working absolutely flawlessly on your device a couple of months after Aosp KitKat came out doesn't mean dev work for the ZL has suddenly stopped. If you have an issues with current nightlies for any KitKat rom that you can't live with then by all means please go back to the latest stable release. Stick to stable until your favorite feature is implemented or fixed and then hop over. Keep checking BBQ log every once in a while and for the love of God don't go around saying things like "nobody's working on our device anymore". You're not entitled to anything unless you're running stock Sony software.

Sent from my NEX7 v2.0
    people need to learn to lighten up. Christ, just because you don't have android 4.4 CM working absolutely flawlessly on your device a couple of months after Aosp KitKat came out doesn't mean dev work for the ZL has suddenly stopped. If you have an issues with current nightlies for any KitKat rom that you can't live with then by all means please go back to the latest stable release. Stick to stable until your favorite feature is implemented or fixed and then hop over. Keep checking BBQ log every once in a while and for the love of God don't go around saying things like "nobody's working on our device anymore". You're not entitled to anything unless you're running stock Sony software.

Sent from my NEX7 v2.0

I know right! Cyanogenmod, AOKP, OMNI, P.A.C, MiUi, Avatar... All these roms are developed for the ZL by those devs directly. No unstable ports or builds. That's pretty awesome I'd say. And they are called "nightlies" for a reason!

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk