Charging socket flap

Search This thread

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
do you know if it is still water resistant or does it bulge, making the rubber gasket useless?
I've already bought a qi charger, but I'm looking for a qi wireless receiver insert. can't seem to find a good one yet.

after close inspection it looks like the bottom left corner goes past the seal....but i believe one could trim that corner off without messing with the receiver....IMHO if you wanted to preserve the seal you should buy the genuine samsung receiver...but that is around 30 bucks all by itself....boo

Last edited:

skyrocketeer

Feb 13, 2012
Google Pixel 8
after close inspection it looks like the bottom left corner goes past the seal....but i believe one could trim that corner off without messing with the receiver....IMHO if you wanted to preserve the seal you should buy the genuine samsung receiver...but that is around 30 bucks all by itself....boo

I'm okay with the price, I just don't want to wait for it to be released.
If you register your S5, you get 50% off coupon code for accessories from the Samsung official store so it's actually only $15.

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
I'm okay with the price, I just don't want to wait for it to be released.
If you register your S5, you get 50% off coupon code for accessories from the Samsung official store so it's actually only $15.

bottom left corner is definitely in the way....and it makes the back bulge slightly....you may want to wait for it officially....how long before it's available?

pvc_

Oct 6, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
When I first got the phone, I thought the flap would be a ***** to deal with, but it opens up rather easily and stays out of your way when you are done charging. Change your lifestyle and quit chewing on your nails; It's a disgusting habit.

byte9

Oct 17, 2012
it'll b so sweet when it does happen....:fingers-crossed:

Just to leverage expectations, exploit after exploit lead is being swatted down. SE Linux is very secure and Samsung has built a good device. The GS4 bl was not unlocked or bypassed after the Loki patch was issued by Samsung. It may not happen. But i remain hopeful. Manage expectations. :good:

Last edited:

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
Just to leverage expectations, exploit after exploit lead is being swatted down. SE Linux is very secure and Samsung has built a good device. The GS4 is still not rooted after the Loki patch was issued by Samsung. It may not happen. But i remain hopeful. Manage expectations. :good:

i thought the s4 was rooted even after the loki patch was done....isn't that what SS was all about? i know the bootloader was never unlocked....but root was attained else safestrap would never work....:)

eortizr

Jul 6, 2010
Dallas,Texas
i thought the s4 was rooted even after the loki patch was done....isn't that what SS was all about? i know the bootloader was never unlocked....but root was attained else safestrap would never work....:)

Root in the S4 after samsung's patch is only possible by downgrading to a previous firmware via Odin, the current firmware has not been rooted. That is why my expectations on a root for the S5 are very, very low, S5 is currently on Craigslist so I can buy a TMO one.

RoguePC

Jan 21, 2012
Root in the S4 after samsung's patch is only possible by downgrading to a previous firmware via Odin, the current firmware has not been rooted. That is why my expectations on a root for the S5 are very, very low, S5 is currently on Craigslist so I can buy a TMO one.

i see....i may be selling mine as well...i'll give it a little more time tho

Dwolf16

Aug 8, 2010
Buffalo, NY

There is a root for the current firmware on the s4. What you had to do was flash a rooted stock 4.4.2 nb1 rom. It was different from traditional root, but was rooted.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51331619

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

Lintrix

Apr 23, 2011
Just accidentally broke my flap off. I hope its easy to replace it because now this is definitely not water proof :(

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
I'm using a red colored OBLIQ case that my wife found on Amazon for me with a screen cover. It's a pain in the a** to get that charging port cover off with the case on. OBLIQ cases are very similar to Otterbox cases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rachelm920

Apr 12, 2011
Hartford, CT
After having my S5 since it's pilot, my little cover thing doesn't like to stay in anymore. I have to "force" it to close and it likes to randomly pop open...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You guys are lazy. It takes, what, half a second to open? Use your index fingernail not your thumbnail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    I have the spigen tough armor case and I can charge the phone with no problem. It's a minor inconvenience but it's worth having the peace of mind against getting water damage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app
    I actually like the idea of covering the port, it's just very poorly executed on this phone. I really liked the sliding 'door' on the Captivate. But it's something that I'll learn to get used to.
    I keep a spudger tool on my desk from an iphone repair kit...works great.
    ....I pulled that little thing out. I know its not water proof anymore, but ehh i wasn't gonna test it anyways.

You probably made the value of your phone drop so much

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app