[ROM]Plain_JaneT2 V2.0 7/18/10 Stock With everything ROOT!!

Search This thread

t2noob

Feb 26, 2010
Im wondering my eris is already rooted but i unno if it has a built in kernal able for oc so if i re root it with this will i keep all contacts apps txts etc or do i have to redownload and installl and backup everything ALL over again? or is there anyway i can just install the oc kernal ? the current Root im using is Jcases 1 click eris root

If you just want the overclock kernel you can flash 1 of the 3 kernels around the one i used is on the first post.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=679102
there other 2 you can look for there are some where on this forums.

superchill02

Aug 29, 2010
im just wondering this i want 2.2 on my droid eris as shown here >> jonsuh.com/2010/09/run-froyo-android-2-2-on-your-droid-eris-how-to/#you-need-a-froyo-rom << Do you know if i install that will i still be able to keep / use plainjane with the 2.2 or no or is there a diffrent way to get 2.2 while still keeping plain jane? thank you for all your help and hard work i got plain jane running on my phone and i love it i really appreciate it thank you

Last edited:

tenzomonk

May 5, 2010
www.yourmamashouse.com
^^ huh i dont understand

the link you provided is just a link back to KaosFroyo. if you want KaosFroyo (it's on the first page of this forum), dl and flash it! (link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=685594)

not sure what you are asking (a little hard to understand). but, if you want to keep plain_jane and use KaosFroyo, this would be the only way i would know of doing that: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=779274

This here would be your other option: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824072 (will give you 2.2CM and 2.1Sense)

(thanks to Kaos again...).

Mar 29, 2010
Killeen, TX
im just wondering this i want 2.2 on my droid eris as shown here >> jonsuh.com/2010/09/run-froyo-android-2-2-on-your-droid-eris-how-to/#you-need-a-froyo-rom << Do you know if i install that will i still be able to keep / use plainjane with the 2.2 or no or is there a diffrent way to get 2.2 while still keeping plain jane? thank you for all your help and hard work i got plain jane running on my phone and i love it i really appreciate it thank you

Plainjane is a 2.1 rom based of of the OTA released last July. KaosFroyo is a 2.2 froyo rom built from a ported android version from another android phone that is a completely different operating system. The rom IS your phone's operating system. Your question is like asking if you could still use windows xp after installing windows 7 over it. The simple answer is no (not trying to be mean, just direct).

You can boot to more than one rom (not at the same time), but I don't know why you would need to. There is plenty of info on how to do that in the forums. Hope I answered your question.

rdrguitars

Sep 9, 2010
NYC
Thanks for this ROM, i went through all of the Froyo/Vanilla ROMS(2.2) and it just was too much for the phone to handle, I like this stock rom, i really just wanted to overclock it.

I have one question, can i update all the gapps to the current version? (Gmail and Youtube) I have the older versions and they simply are not upto par with the newer versions. If anyone could direct me, I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks

playpolo4life

Jun 16, 2010
Thanks for this ROM, i went through all of the Froyo/Vanilla ROMS(2.2) and it just was too much for the phone to handle, I like this stock rom, i really just wanted to overclock it.

I have one question, can i update all the gapps to the current version? (Gmail and Youtube) I have the older versions and they simply are not upto par with the newer versions. If anyone could direct me, I would deeply appreciate it. Thanks

I don't think that the new gapps are compatible with 2.1 ROMs. You could always make a NAND and try flashing the latest gapps to see if it works, however I believe I saw somewhere in the xtrROM/Sense threads that they would not work with Eclair. It doesn't hurt to give it a shot though.

rdrguitars

Sep 9, 2010
NYC
guys im a total noob when it comes to aps2sd, can someone please dumb it down for me? I don't want to make a mistake and end up factory resetting my phone.

BTW i clocked this rom at 787 and no issues! min is at 480 and my batt is not getting depleted like before.