[ROM] GingerICE 2.1 (Android 2.3.6 EU based, Custom .35 Kernel with OC capability)

Search This thread

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Hello!

I just wanna share with you my modification of KezraPlane's rom V4. I called it GingerICE, cause I want to give this rom a little of ICS flavour :). I took chrsi555 ported notifications and build them into rom, so that you don't need to flash them separately. I've also removed TouchwizUI. Most of the samsung apps are removed (all the hubs :D, and other s*** stuff, inlcluding Kies, and all samsung widgets). I've tried to strip this rom as much as it can handle, but still keep it functional, and a little social :). And I've undo memory swap (so it is just like in original rom), internal memory is mounted on /sdcard, and external memory is on /sdcard/external_sd/

CHANGELOG:

GingerICE 1.0 (Link removed):

- Go Launcher EX (atm it is my favorite launcher)
- ICS Theme for Go launcher EX (you have to aplay it)
- Transparent skins fo Go Launcher Widgets (you have to aplay it, to every widget)
- Go Widget Task Manager (it is very simple to use, and always available on the desktop)
- RAM Manager FREE (just use first option in application: Balance, if you want other options I suggest buying pro application)

GingerICE 2.0 (Link removed):

- updated added apps (GO launcher and additions)
- completly new kernel with OC capability (latest one from Cowithgun!)
- Working SmartAssV2 (credit: erasmux), OnDemandX (credit: imoseyon) and MinMax (credit: erasmux) CPU governors.
- more ram (360MB), and other performance improvements that new kernel brings
- removed some workaround, that I've used for market (been there because of known problems with account), maybe this was causing force close problems to some of you

GingerICE 2.1 both OC and NON OC:
- updated to latest cowithgun kernel, wchi has a fix for playing 720p video with hardware acceleration (now only 359MB ram ;) )
- two versions: with overclock capability (OC) and normal (N)
- File manager ES File Explorer added (if problems with root explorer options, just reinstall manager!)
- updated Go Launcher EX (screenshots are attached, ICS theme and transparent skin for widgets applied)

You flash it with CWM or RZ recovery. BUT FIRST DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!

WIPE DATA AND CACHE IS NEEDED! Than you can restore apps with Titanium Backup or other similar app.

WARNING!!! If u noticed any strange behavior like, wifi not working (most common one), than I recommend factory reset (or even wipe and new flash), and manually install your apps (that means straight from market). I must say I like to use google's backup system, so when I flash new rom, and put in my google account, I just connect to wifi, and all the apps I had before are just downloaded and installed again automaticly.

If you are having problems with google account when logging to market, just go to aplications and Clear Market cache, and reboot phone.

This is NON OC version, cause OC kernel is not very stable, a lot of users having problems with it, so I rather stick to this one.

ADVICE If you want to use V& supercharger script, it is better to remove RAM manager. I don't know if script works with this rom, there were reported some problems with first version. I am not responsible for script not working.

Use overclocking at your own risk, I won't be responsible for bricking your device, blah blah :D

This rom wouldn't be here if there weren't this nice people:

KezraPlane, thanks for great rom you have provided us, and all the hard work he put into developing it!

chris555, thanks for your ICS theme port, that gave this rom the name and the look :)!

Juwe11, thakks for the great app Called RAM Manager, I've added a free version here!

cowithgun for his dedication on developing such good kernels!

and all the other members of this community, that are willing to sacrifice their time, for developing or testing new roms!

If I've didn't gave enough people the credit, please remind me, and I will gladly add every single one :D!

I didn't add any special scripts, cause it is not recommended using scripts with RAM Manager.

For better battery life I recommend Battery Defender, it is easy to set up and you won't even notice that you are using it.

Ok now try it, and tell me how it works!

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 2.0 TO 2.1 YOU CAN ONLY WIPE CACHE.

DOWNLOAD 2.1

DOWNLOAD 2.1 OC

Removed Samsung apps can be find HERE or HERE.

Please don't quote this whole post:D! It uses to much space in thread. Thanks for understanding!

Attachments

• shot_000001.jpg
    shot_000001.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 6,977
  • SC20120216-120848.jpg
    SC20120216-120848.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 7,281
  • SC20120216-120912.jpg
    SC20120216-120912.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 6,916
  • SC20120216-120924.jpg
    SC20120216-120924.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 7,329
Last edited:

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
Hello!

I just wanna share with you my modification of KezraPlane's rom V4. I called it GingerICE, cause I want to give this rom a little of ICS flavour :). I took chrsi555 ported notifications and build them into rom, so that you don't need to flash them seperatly. I've also removed TouchwizUI. Most of the samsung apps are removed (all the hubs :D, and other s*** stuff, inlcluding Kies, and all samsung widgets). I've tried to strip this rom as much as it can handle, but still keep it functional, and a little social :). And I've undo memory swap (so it is just like in original rom), internal memory is mounted on /sdcard, and external memory is on /sdcard/external_sd/

What I added:

- Transparent skins fo Go Launcher Widgets (you have to aplay it, to every widget)
- Go Widget Task Manager (it is very simple to use, and always available on the desktop)
- RAM Manager FREE (just use first option in application: Balance, if you want other options I suggest buying pro application)

When i used the stock ROM, my FAVORITE launcher was GO Launcher EX. But now, you have came up with a ROM that has the integration of GO Launcher EX. You make my day! ;)

I didn't add any special scripts, cause it is not recommended using scripts with RAM Manager.

So, this ROM is not suitable with the V6 script? :confused:

You should put a mediafire link as well qzem. Thanks. Hehehe! :p

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
When i used the stock ROM, my FAVORITE launcher was GO Launcher EX. But now, you have came up with a ROM that has the integration of GO Launcher EX. You make my day! ;)

It is suitable with V6 script, but then it is better for you to uninstall RAM Manager. I personally recommend to use RAM manager, cause it is working, and it is simple to use :).

I don't have mediafire account, but I hope that someone else could upload it, and I will add link in first post :D.

Reactions: SyzwnFrzRdz

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
It is suitable with V6 script, but then it is better for you to uninstall RAM Manager. I personally recommend to use RAM manager, cause it is working, and it is simple to use :).

I don't have mediafire account, but I hope that someone else could upload it, and I will add link in first post :D.

Currently, i'm using the Kezra V3 with the V6 script. If i wanna use this ROM, should i wipe data and Dalvik cache? What about the V6 script that i have installed before, do i need to uninstall the V6 script before flashing this ROM? Most importantly, do you know how to un-supercharge the script? :D:D

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Currently, i'm using the Kezra V3 with the V6 script. If i wanna use this ROM, should i wipe data and Dalvik cache? What about the V6 script that i have installed before, do i need to uninstall the V6 script before flashing this ROM? Most importantly, do you know how to un-supercharge the script? :D:D

Yes you should wipe it. This will also, remove V6.

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Sounds promising might have a go at it this evening when i get time.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Thanks for info qzem! Appreciate it man. :D

BTW, do you know how to remove the V6 without wiping data and all that. Because i wanna try the RAM Manager. :p

Run the V6 in script manager same way how you set it up. And there is an option to unsupercharge the phone go through the list and you'll be done. But all the data from the supercharger is still saved on the phone/ sdcard in case you want to supercharge again. But wont effect this rom or any rom infact

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
Sounds promising might have a go at it this evening when i get time.

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Run the V6 in script manager same way how you set it up. And there is an option to unsupercharge the phone go through the list and you'll be done. But all the data from the supercharger is still saved on the phone/ sdcard in case you want to supercharge again. But wont effect this rom or any rom infact

That's it? I should have observed properly after this. Well, thanks a lot for this point. :D:D BTW, if i wanna remove the data from SuperCharger, where can i find it? :)

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
That's it? I should have observed properly after this. Well, thanks a lot for this point. :D:D BTW, if i wanna remove the data from SuperCharger, where can i find it? :)

If you "unsupercharge" it, then no data from the script should left in rom. Since you have to put the script on memory card, and then run it with Script Manager. What is going on when you run the script with Script manager is that some values are being changed in system files, and maybe some lines are added. When you undo this, only this stuff is changed. Than you can also delete she supercharger script from your memory card, if you won't use it any more.

Good luck :)!

snwman

Dec 31, 2011
Its a nice rom qzem. Using ram manager at the moment and just have it on balance setting. Not a heavy gamer.(Have the ps3 for that) One thing i like about it is the different settings.

But one thing is the keyboard again it happend with one of kerza's roms on the phone is the 3x4 keyboard setting only types in numbers, no letters. Only bug i found.

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Its a nice rom qzem. Using ram manager at the moment and just have it on balance setting. Not a heavy gamer.(Have the ps3 for that) One thing i like about it is the different settings.

But one thing is the keyboard again it happend with one of kerza's roms on the phone is the 3x4 keyboard setting only types in numbers, no letters. Only bug i found.

I will take a look at keyboard,and see what is going on. Thanks for feedback!

Sent from my GT-I8150 using XDA App

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010

Here you should try downloading this keyboard. Then use some file explorer that has root access (like ES File Manager), go to /system/app and search for AxT9IME.apk, delete it and, then copy downloaded file on this location. Agter that just reboot your phone, and try it. I hope this one will work, it does on my phone :D. Tell me how it goes!

Cheers,
Q

Attachments

• AxT9IME.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 53

SyzwnFrzRdz

Jan 19, 2012
City of Light
Here you should try downloading this keyboard. Then use some file explorer that has root access (like ES File Manager), go to /system/app and search for AxT9IME.apk, delete it and, then copy downloaded file on this location. Agter that just reboot your phone, and try it. I hope this one will work, it does on my phone :D. Tell me how it goes!

Cheers,
Q

What's the difference between this one and the original? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello!

I just wanna share with you my modification of KezraPlane's rom V4. I called it GingerICE, cause I want to give this rom a little of ICS flavour :). I took chrsi555 ported notifications and build them into rom, so that you don't need to flash them separately. I've also removed TouchwizUI. Most of the samsung apps are removed (all the hubs :D, and other s*** stuff, inlcluding Kies, and all samsung widgets). I've tried to strip this rom as much as it can handle, but still keep it functional, and a little social :). And I've undo memory swap (so it is just like in original rom), internal memory is mounted on /sdcard, and external memory is on /sdcard/external_sd/

CHANGELOG:

GingerICE 1.0 (Link removed):

GingerICE 2.0 (Link removed):

- updated added apps (GO launcher and additions)
    - completly new kernel with OC capability (latest one from Cowithgun!)
    - Working SmartAssV2 (credit: erasmux), OnDemandX (credit: imoseyon) and MinMax (credit: erasmux) CPU governors.
    - more ram (360MB), and other performance improvements that new kernel brings
    - removed some workaround, that I've used for market (been there because of known problems with account), maybe this was causing force close problems to some of you

GingerICE 2.1 both OC and NON OC:
    - updated to latest cowithgun kernel, wchi has a fix for playing 720p video with hardware acceleration (now only 359MB ram ;) )
    - two versions: with overclock capability (OC) and normal (N)
    - File manager ES File Explorer added (if problems with root explorer options, just reinstall manager!)
    - updated Go Launcher EX (screenshots are attached, ICS theme and transparent skin for widgets applied)

You flash it with CWM or RZ recovery. BUT FIRST DO A NANDROID BACKUP!!!

WIPE DATA AND CACHE IS NEEDED! Than you can restore apps with Titanium Backup or other similar app.

WARNING!!! If u noticed any strange behavior like, wifi not working (most common one), than I recommend factory reset (or even wipe and new flash), and manually install your apps (that means straight from market). I must say I like to use google's backup system, so when I flash new rom, and put in my google account, I just connect to wifi, and all the apps I had before are just downloaded and installed again automaticly.

If you are having problems with google account when logging to market, just go to aplications and Clear Market cache, and reboot phone.

This is NON OC version, cause OC kernel is not very stable, a lot of users having problems with it, so I rather stick to this one.

ADVICE If you want to use V& supercharger script, it is better to remove RAM manager. I don't know if script works with this rom, there were reported some problems with first version. I am not responsible for script not working.

Use overclocking at your own risk, I won't be responsible for bricking your device, blah blah :D

This rom wouldn't be here if there weren't this nice people:

KezraPlane, thanks for great rom you have provided us, and all the hard work he put into developing it!

chris555, thanks for your ICS theme port, that gave this rom the name and the look :)!

Juwe11, thakks for the great app Called RAM Manager, I've added a free version here!

cowithgun for his dedication on developing such good kernels!

and all the other members of this community, that are willing to sacrifice their time, for developing or testing new roms!

If I've didn't gave enough people the credit, please remind me, and I will gladly add every single one :D!

For better battery life I recommend Battery Defender, it is easy to set up and you won't even notice that you are using it.

Ok now try it, and tell me how it works!

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM 2.0 TO 2.1 YOU CAN ONLY WIPE CACHE.

DOWNLOAD 2.1

DOWNLOAD 2.1 OC

Removed Samsung apps can be find HERE or HERE.

Please don't quote this whole post:D! It uses to much space in thread. Thanks for understanding!
    Thanks guys for the support! I love this form, and will continue to drop bye here from time to time, to see the progress. I've sold my phone to a friend, so maybe I will still cooperate with arco a little bit to about the ics, I hope he will get it working soon. But there are some bad news from him, he managed to brick his W, when working to get us (you) ICS. So send this one at repair, and even ordered a new one so he won't have to wait another month get his back. I would ask you all, to donate him few bucks, cause it will cost him 300€ this new W! And maybe spread the news around. He is really putting everything in this project.

Cheers!
    qzem....man

I am sorry to hear you are movin on....

:(

but you got a good deal....and you gotta take it!!!

can I just say "thank you" from all of us....

you were the pioneer for this forum, and for Dev on this phone...

you leave a good and proud legacy...

best of luck for the future!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk

Can someone plz tell me if that rom is deodexed or not?

It is deodexed.