Feras.Rehman

Oct 6, 2011
Chennai
As the title speaks, here is a guide on porting roms. :D

For porting roms from fit,

1.download the rom (obviously) :p

2.Extract the rom through winrar

3.Go to system folder

4.Go to system/lib/modules. Delete everything there and replace with the ones for our device. :)

5.Then go to system/lib/hw. delete everything there and replace with yours. :)

( The "/hw" directory as you can see contains the files which control the sensors and lights such as GPS and the accelerometer. )

6. Then for the soft keys and hard keys to work, go to system/usr/keychars and system/usr/keylayout and replace with yours :D

7. Now go to system/etc. Then delete these items and replace with the ones meant for our device.

- vold.fstab

- /wifi

- /ppp

If u are porting cm7 from fit, use the boot.img of any cm7 rom here. :) eg. Mebitek's cm7 boot.img . :)

For ace,

Do the above things , then resize framework-res.apk, systemui.apk and other apk's like dialertabactivity.apk, phone.apk! :)

For other devices, (other manufacturers)

(Eg. HTC when porting cm7)

Extract the cm7 meant for our rom. Then delete app and framework folder. Then go to the rom u wanna port. Copy framework and app folder. And paste it in the cm7 made for our device. :)

For porting kernels,

unpack the boot.img of the rom u wanna port. Open init.rc and copy the things after bootpath. :D

repack ur ramdisk!

For camera to work on the ported roms, replace these wid urs,

libarccamera.so

libcamera.so

libcameraservice.so

libcamera_client.so

libCaMotion.so

liboemcamera.so

libseccamera.so

libseccameraadaptor.so

And plz dont spam the development section with ports :D

Use it for your personal use! :)

Enjoy Porting! :)

Sent from my GT-S5670 using xda premium

Last edited:
D

DQiB

this is also an aspect ;-)
But we needf real Portes to FIX bugs. ..
And not some NOOB Porters to port a real buggy fw ...

D

DQiB

yup like ldpi to ldpi
but mdpi to ldpi is in the most things really hard to port
and so on, i use my own method of porting roms ;-)
Most ports of me are mdpi to ldpi
and i know also how to fix bugs :´D
:D:D:D
So for newbies stay out of dev sections with ports from devices you dont have
or dont know how to fix real bugs ,-)

AmalD

Mar 26, 2012
kozhikode
yup like ldpi to ldpi

right
sir
still we are waiting for you :(:(

D

DQiB

i know but please im busy for now ok?
Andi build from source CM7 for ur device in next week;)

SimonsNrg70

Mar 18, 2012
Italy, Lazio
I have ported the SGSII Rom from Galaxy Fit but I have changed the keylayout and keychair cartel but don't function the back button and the home and option button don't function correctly, this button function like the home button! What is the problem??

Reactions: sulja rock

KoperKiller

Oct 10, 2011
Bogota
yup like ldpi to ldpi

Okay :( I will stay out of dev sections, so no more WP7 ROM for a long time.

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
no need of staying out of dev section .. do give it a try .. remember every dev was a noob when he started making or porting rom .... :cool:

Correction:

Every developer was newb when starting, not a n00b.

n00b are those users that claim to have knowledge about a specific subject without really having a clue, causing confusion amongst regular members and making it difficult for developers to actually develop..

newb would be a user that knows his lack of knowledge, therefore making it easier to learn :).....

Developers threads are for everyone, to develop and learn to develop. To cause obstruction of that "development" is what hurts our forums. So, in short

If you have something to contribute, please do it, and do it accordingly, trying to provide logs and specific issues in order for them to be approached.
If you have nothing to contribute, then....read.

:D

Jayydude_SGP

Jan 5, 2012
Gates County, NC
If I want to port a honeycomb ROM to my tablet, would i use the STOCK files to replace the files in the honeycomb ROM? I need to know what ROM do I take my files to replace the honeycomb files with...

I

IceCreamSandwich4.0

Extract the cm7 meant for our rom. Then delete app and framework folder. Then go to the rom u wanna port. Copy framework and app folder. And paste it in the cm7 made for our device.
Would that work with any device or is it specific to Galalxy?
Like could I use a ROM of another device which has similar specs like my phone and use a cm7 for my phone and remove app and framework folder and then add the ones from another phone's stock ROM?

Messi10

Feb 12, 2012
Tunis
help please

i did all steps above to port a rom from Galaxy ace but in recovry mode when i try to flash the zip it says Installation aborted:confused::confused::confused::confused:
plzz help:p:p:p:p:p

NqX

Mar 18, 2012
Bad guide. Where found better?

Sry for bad English.

Sent from SG Mini with Tapatalk 2

Feras.Rehman

Oct 6, 2011
Chennai
If I want to port a honeycomb ROM to my tablet, would i use the STOCK files to replace the files in the honeycomb ROM? I need to know what ROM do I take my files to replace the honeycomb files with...

dat would be really tricky! Im not a expert porter! :( ask someone else :)

Would that work with any device or is it specific to Galalxy?
Like could I use a ROM of another device which has similar specs like my phone and use a cm7 for my phone and remove app and framework folder and then add the ones from another phone's stock ROM?

it would work wid any device but it shd be arm v6.

i did all steps above to port a rom from Galaxy ace but in recovry mode when i try to flash the zip it says Installation aborted:confused::confused::confused::confused:
plzz help:p:p:p:p:p

replaced boot.img? Replace meta-inf folder and try.

Bad guide. Where found better?

Sry for bad english
Sent from SG Mini with Tapatalk 2

U can try to port roms from fit as a starter -_- try first then speak! No offense. Some people have tried my guide and it workd! :/ eg. Kartik.ansal has ported lewa os from wildfire using my guide :\

-Peace

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title speaks, here is a guide on porting roms. :D

For porting roms from fit,

1.download the rom (obviously) :p

2.Extract the rom through winrar

3.Go to system folder

4.Go to system/lib/modules. Delete everything there and replace with the ones for our device. :)

5.Then go to system/lib/hw. delete everything there and replace with yours. :)

( The "/hw" directory as you can see contains the files which control the sensors and lights such as GPS and the accelerometer. )

6. Then for the soft keys and hard keys to work, go to system/usr/keychars and system/usr/keylayout and replace with yours :D

7. Now go to system/etc. Then delete these items and replace with the ones meant for our device.

- vold.fstab

- /wifi

- /ppp

If u are porting cm7 from fit, use the boot.img of any cm7 rom here. :) eg. Mebitek's cm7 boot.img . :)

For ace,

Do the above things , then resize framework-res.apk, systemui.apk and other apk's like dialertabactivity.apk, phone.apk! :)

For other devices, (other manufacturers)

(Eg. HTC when porting cm7)

Extract the cm7 meant for our rom. Then delete app and framework folder. Then go to the rom u wanna port. Copy framework and app folder. And paste it in the cm7 made for our device. :)

For porting kernels,

unpack the boot.img of the rom u wanna port. Open init.rc and copy the things after bootpath. :D

repack ur ramdisk!

For camera to work on the ported roms, replace these wid urs,

libarccamera.so

libcamera.so

libcameraservice.so

libcamera_client.so

libCaMotion.so

liboemcamera.so

libseccamera.so

libseccameraadaptor.so

And plz dont spam the development section with ports :D

Use it for your personal use! :)

Enjoy Porting! :)

no need of staying out of dev section .. do give it a try .. remember every dev was a noob when he started making or porting rom .... :cool:

Correction:

Every developer was newb when starting, not a n00b.

n00b are those users that claim to have knowledge about a specific subject without really having a clue, causing confusion amongst regular members and making it difficult for developers to actually develop..

newb would be a user that knows his lack of knowledge, therefore making it easier to learn :).....

Developers threads are for everyone, to develop and learn to develop. To cause obstruction of that "development" is what hurts our forums. So, in short

If you have something to contribute, please do it, and do it accordingly, trying to provide logs and specific issues in order for them to be approached.
    If you have nothing to contribute, then....read.

:D
    Good tutorial.. Well done :)

Inviato dal mio GT-S5570 usando Tapatalk
    u explain here that For camera to work on the ported roms, replace these
    but for network and wifi and Bluetooth which libs or which other file need to be replace from base to port plz tell me need help argent.. !!

for network its mostly based on libsecril.so and rill.class.telephony like from system.prop if ur changing the system.prop of your ROM.... and for bluetooth it depends upon the bcm drivers
    Gud guide for personal use...but now every noob will fill dev section with ports and least care about bug fixes...coz they don't know hw to do it. Lol