[WARNING]Bricking One V is very Easy..WORKING FIX BY GLOBATRON ADDED :D

Search This thread

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I did once but it was not intentionally. HTC replaced with a new set in two days time.

Last edited:

westol

Mar 5, 2010
Hi, to be more precise did you bricked phone that was already repaired (mainboard replaced) or swapped?
Or you are talking about a brand new phone?

Last edited:

errerr

Jul 16, 2012
i have flashed 3.0 then 3.1 rom
but the problem always there
wiped data and cache before flash
titanium 5 knernel
overclocked
did gps need network? istalled firewall
gps can receive sgnal but long time no latitude and longtitude value

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Reactions: errerr

errerr

Jul 16, 2012
gps works

You post this in the wrong thread. Anything regarding the ROM, please post in the ROM thread.

Anyway, replied here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=29735226&postcount=710

gps eorks
problem is the kernel
titanium kiss works http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1794497
titanium 5 not http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1607976
have no permission reply in developer forums New members (those with fewer than 10 posts) are not permitted to post to development-related forums

Last edited:

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012

Ganjax

Jan 13, 2011
Piotrków Trybunalski
I bricked my One V yesterday... cuz of i was too long put vol+power, no words.. i was search so many tricks, but it does not work..
i need to send my One V to HTC.. proably i'll have no phone for one month.. sick..

CAUTION!!!!!

NEVER!!!! NEVER HOLD VOL(-/+) WITH POWER BUTTON FOR 5+ SEC, OTHERWISE YOUR PHONE WILL BRICK!

Lloir

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (2017 Phone)
I bricked my One V yesterday... cuz of i was too long put vol+power, no words.. i was search so many tricks, but it does not work..
i need to send my One V to HTC.. proably i'll have no phone for one month.. sick..

CAUTION!!!!!

NEVER!!!! NEVER HOLD VOL(-/+) WITH POWER BUTTON FOR 5+ SEC, OTHERWISE YOUR PHONE WILL BRICK!

the globatron fix should work in your case

sohamssd

Jul 4, 2012
Rochester
That goes for only vol(+) only i guess..

CAUTION!!!!!

During flashing for the first time( and also while unlocking bootloader) I pressed vol(-) snd power for atleast 12 seconds, and i'm completely fine.

Ganjax

Jan 13, 2011
Piotrków Trybunalski
Regenersis (HTC Service in poland) told me that the motherboard is broken, i need wait for my phone still week.. i gave there my one v 11.08, they will give me back 1.09..

All CAUSE OF VOL+ - AND POWER + 5s

really, NEVER HOLD VOL + - with POWER BUTTON MORE THAN 3s.

w0ferz

Jan 3, 2011
Hmm just a bit out of topic, for example, if you unscrew your phone, remove battery and then plug it back, would this not gonna exit QHSUSB_DLOAD mode, and then just power up your phone as usually ? or that combination does some permanent damage to hardware ? just out of curiosity..

qzfive

Aug 8, 2010
Hmm just a bit out of topic, for example, if you unscrew your phone, remove battery and then plug it back, would this not gonna exit QHSUSB_DLOAD mode, and then just power up your phone as usually ? or that combination does some permanent damage to hardware ? just out of curiosity..

It depends on the way it got into QHSUSB_DLOAD:

-If Vol+/Power was pressed, removing the battery should bring it out of that mode and let it boot normally - I put my old Desire Z into QHSUSB_DLOAD a few times by pressing different button combinations, and a battery removal got it booting normally again

-If it enters QHSUSB_DLOAD spontaneously or after flashing something, it's simply dead due to a faulty memory chip (this happened to my first One V, I'm on my 2nd), and only a motherboard swap by HTC can fix it

utsavch1

Sep 21, 2012
bangalore
bricked my One V two weeks back by flashing the wrong CM10 kernal...after flashing the kernal the phone was stuck in bootloop...so pressed Vol Down and power for more than 10s....it was still stuck in bootloop so i pressed the power button alone for more than 10s and then my life as i know it ended!!! So what i'm asking here is that is there any way to boot directly into recovery after FLASHING A KERNEL??

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
bricked my One V two weeks back by flashing the wrong CM10 kernal...after flashing the kernal the phone was stuck in bootloop...so pressed Vol Down and power for more than 10s....it was still stuck in bootloop so i pressed the power button alone for more than 10s and then my life as i know it ended!!! So what i'm asking here is that is there any way to boot directly into recovery after FLASHING A KERNEL??

Ya....after the fastboot command just press hboot and then recovery

Sent from my One V

utsavch1

Sep 21, 2012
bangalore
but thats the problem....after flashing kernel it directly reboots...umm i use the One V all in one Toolkit to flash kernel...could that be the problem???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SCENARIO 1: MOST DANGEROUS!! NOW FIXABLE

All One Series phoneshaving been facing this problem of QHSUSB_DLOAD where the phone is completely bricked and rendered unusable. It has been reported by many people that pressing Volume Up + Power instead of Volume Down + Power can be a deadly mistake...You have to send the phone to HTC and they will repair it but instead you could avoid this brick by being a tad bit careful and not pressing the Volume Up instead of Down...

This is just one case but it may also happen in other cases but this is easily avoidable unlike others which just happen out of the blue...This is one precaution which can help you.

SCENARIO 2: POTENTIAL BRICK!

Also if battery is extremely either switch it off or wait for it to switch off...Do Not REBOOT YOUR PHONE...That might just cause this above error as well....

SCENARIO 3: TOOOO LONG!

Do not hold your Vol Down +Power Down for toooo long like 10+seconds or it might cause a brick. IF it doesnt go to bootloader or if you are scared use this fastboot command: adb reboot bootloader or try the button combination again..

SCENARIO 4: STAY AWAY FROM ROM MANAGER

Please stick to the safe way of flashing by accessing recovery manually and refrain from the use of Rom Manager..It uses fakeflash which is potentially dangerous for most phones...

SCENARIO 5: THE UNPRECEDENTED ONE!

The above scenario just happens..It might have no proper explanation like it happened to someone while he was talking on the phone...etc

Fix for QHUSB-DLOAD issue
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1788227

MOD,PLEASE MAKE THIS A STICKY!
    and also users have reported over the Internet that if battery low less than 2% whn trying to reboot phone doesn't start
    soo pls void this guys
    when battery low less than 20% pls switch It off for safety reasons

dont just say thanks hit thanks if i helped :)
    a true lfc supporter
    and a former symbian lover
    sent from my awesome HTC One V running rc 2.0 by CKPV5 -using xda premium
    SUPPORT THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPER'S IF YOU LIKE THE GAME / APP BUY IT
    maybe all the combination of
    Volume Up/Down + Power Button for more than 10second will brick our phone

I agree to this. Excessive press power button will lead to a hard brick.

That is why I never use power + volume down to go to bootloader, it is quite dangerous because user tend to keep holding the power button until the bootloader screen comes out. When the bootloader screen fail to come out, user keep pressing the power button then it will break the device.

This is my way of going to bootloader:
    1) press power button until the three keys flashing and the device shutdown (around 5-7 second)
    2) release the power button
    3) hold the volume down button
    4) the bootloader screen will be up (around 4-5 second after holding the volume button)
    Now I'm so scared that I will never turn the phone off! And if it is off, I'll tell HTC turn it on again! :p
    Anyways please post the safest way of going into the bootloader!

adb :)
    Wow..
    Not that I doubt any of the info given here, earlier I did try vol+ and pwr a few times and get into some kind of download mode, so I rebooted and nothing changed. So maybe it is something in addition to getting into that mode.