[ROM][MIUI][11/07/2012] MIUI.us v4.1 2.11.30 Jellybean based ROM

Search This thread

lingowistico

Jan 4, 2013
Stockholm
goo.gl
USSRflagnew.jpg

2.8.31 is 31 August 12. That is older than 18 December 2012.

Sent from my GT-P7320 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

The newest is 2.12.28, maybe that is what you're talking about?
I'm running it now and it's pretty stable. Everything seems to work so far. I'm not sure about call recording, haven't tested it fully yet.
But one serious issue is usb debugging, with it turned on when you pull the usb cable the phone hotboots.
Another bug is when you try to change the timer ringtone, the clock app fc's but the alarm ringtone option works.
Also the latest Soviet Union MIUI for Skyrocket is 2.12.7 (main difference from US is added support for Russian).

Last edited:

st0nez0r

Dec 26, 2011
Baltimore
I still hope development for miui on the skyrocket would continue.

I was just about to go and grab a copy and flash, but noticed that the version for the rocket was from a couple months ago... Is the skyrocket no longer being supported? I'm just asking because of your comment - I had a look on the miui.us site and didn't see anything saying it was no longer supported.

liquidzoo

Mar 17, 2010
Florence, AZ
I was just about to go and grab a copy and flash, but noticed that the version for the rocket was from a couple months ago... Is the skyrocket no longer being supported? I'm just asking because of your comment - I had a look on the miui.us site and didn't see anything saying it was no longer supported.

I'm curious about this too. I'd kinda like to try it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app

askpcguy

Aug 8, 2010
D34D is working on some new rom, chameleon os I think. And I think miui has moved from v4 to v5. Someone could still work on porting miui v5 to the Skyrocket but there needs to be a similar device hardware wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
D34D is working on some new rom, chameleon os I think. And I think miui has moved from v4 to v5. Someone could still work on porting miui v5 to the Skyrocket but there needs to be a similar device hardware wise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

This is correct, he is working on chameleon OS, and it appears to be similar to miui in many ways. He had stated on Twitter that he will be making a post here once ready, but you can get a copy to test from their irc channel. Looks very promising to me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

st0nez0r

Dec 26, 2011
Baltimore
This is correct, he is working on chameleon OS, and it appears to be similar to miui in many ways. He had stated on Twitter that he will be making a post here once ready, but you can get a copy to test from their irc channel. Looks very promising to me :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Don't even need to go to the irc channel. just visit goo.im, look under 0xD34D and under chaOS - there is a folder for skyrocket which has several builds. I've downloaded the latest, but dunno if i wanna flash it just yet :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4.1 For AT&T SGS 2 (Skyrocket)

This build is based on MIUI Jellybean, if you are looking for ICS you want version 2.8.10

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset if coming from a different ROM, wipe cache/dalvik-cache if updating from a previous build of MIUI v4.1
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!
    Not Working:

• I'm sure there is something, so let me know what you find.

Changelogs:

ROM Changelog:
    • Patched MIUI to use the old Theme Manager - 11/07/2012
    • Now built using latest CM10 since miui is now based on Android 4.1.2
    • Updated base using AOKP unofficial build from September 18th
    • Now the re-mounting bug seems to be squashed (keeping my fingers crossed) - 9/9/2012
    • Removed "RECOMMEND" tab from Sms/Mms app
    • Added 20M and 50M download limits to Download Manager
    • Random re-mounting of external storage (I believe this is resolved, let me know if you still experience this)
    • Camcorder working (720p max, video distorted at 1080p)
    • Camera now supports up to 8MP
    • Fixed MIUI Music Player not playing music
    • Fixed Network Assistant FC
    • Fixed mounting of external storage via USB
    • Fixed incoming calls not being received
    • Fixed sound quality using libs provided by Eugene373
    • First release - 9/3/2012

MIUI Changelog
    BUGS/ISSUES:
    Found a bug or have an issue with the functionality of this ROM? Head on over to http://bugs.scheffsblend.com/describecomponents.cgi?product=MIUIUS-SKYROCKET-JB and see if the bug or issue exists and if not please feel free to file a new bug with the bug tracker. This is the best way to have the issue officially documented and for myself to keep track of known issues as they occur.
    If it's an app related bug/issue click on the link that says "Apps" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one
    It it's system related, such as sound or wifi issues, then click on the link that says "System" on that page and proceed with filing a new bug or searching for an existing one.
    Using this tracker in conjunction with this forum thread will help me out and help others find out if this issue is known and is being worked on or fixed.

If you are looking for an ICS based MIUI please see http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688532
    2.9.7.3 update

I just threw together an update that incorporates the InstigatorX kernel and modules to alleviate the device specific issues people were having. I've also updated the instructions in the OP which removes the need to do a super wipe.

Enjoy. Now off to work I go.
    This line sketches the **** out of me.

Still on 9-18 base? I'm already at a dislike to AOKP but an old build?

Now that miui is using Android 4.1.2 the base has changed to a CM10 nightly. I like to build my own bases so I will be syncing up CM and building the base each week.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app
    Sorry, server is still syncing so the DL will show up soon.

I got this thread started faster than I thought I would :p

In the mean time here is a direct link
    http://roms.miui.us/skyrocket/MIUI.us_skyrocket_v4.1_2.9.7.2_Eng_Deo_ZipA_Signed_0xD34D.zip
    2.11.2 Status

For those that care to know,

Xaiomi, the creators of MIUI, decided to implement a system for purchasing themes. This system uses MiCredits, which can only be purchased inside of China at the moment. The theme manager also started requiring a Xaiomi account in order to download themes. I am personally not for the account requirement, charging for some themes is not so bad since there are still plenty free ones. I decided to include the Theme Manager from last week. This has turned out to be a bit of a hassle since a lot of apps make calls to the theme manager. These include the alarm clock, settings for changing sounds, launcher for changing wallpaper just to name a few.

For the time being I would recommend sticking with or going back to 2.10.26. If there is interest in a build which uses the new theme manager, I can provide a build with it included.