Jun 27, 2013
Sent from my SM-N750 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1408259824162.jpg
    1408259824162.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 3,768

rakeshishere

Feb 15, 2011
Pretty much every major OEM like Sony, HTC, LG and even Chinese manufacturers like OPPO , Xiaomi etc have implemented double tap to wake on their large screen phones and I really don't know what's stopping Samsung to implement in spite of so many Note generations .

Only way to properly implement this is using a custom kernel for the device

davec8080

Oct 5, 2015
Lost functionality, how to get it back?

Pretty much every major OEM like Sony, HTC, LG and even Chinese manufacturers like OPPO , Xiaomi etc have implemented double tap to wake on their large screen phones and I really don't know what's stopping Samsung to implement in spite of so many Note generations .

Only way to properly implement this is using a custom kernel for the device

OK, I've got a VKWorld VK6050S (note the S). This will be a long story, but I feel I must post many details. Otherwise, there will be that smart-*** posting "but you can't do that!!!"
Had the phone for several weeks now. Took a LONG time to set it up and get it running EXACTLY the way I wanted it to. As part of that process, I installed Nova launcher, and an app called "DTSO". Anyway, when it was all set up.... I could double-tap the home screen to lock, and the display would go black. Then, *without using the proximity sensor*, I could double-tap the middle of the BLACK screen, which would cause the display to wake up and display the lock screen. I didn't set a lock on this screen, so I could just swipe up to clear it. Note I could double-tap the BLACK screen to wake it up.

So I was happy with the way everything was set up. Only problem was, it was not stable. Most of the time, if you tried to take a picture, the phone would freeze. (forever). Or sometimes a reboot would take HOURS (starting after the animated vkworld logo displayed) I tried several suggestions. It was not a bad memory card, and it was not corrupted files on a memory card. I tried clearing various caches, etc. Nothing worked. Finally, in desperation...I went to the factory boot menu (chinese, but I found a guide for it) and cleared hardware cache / emmc / whatever. That left me with *** CHINESE LOLLIPOP ***, and all my apps/settings/data were GONE...
(sigh)
So I had to start from figuring out how to switch back to English. And then starting all over again. I wasn't back to "zero". I went back to "minus one". (!!!!)
After many hours setting up the phone again with dozens of applications, getting my account settings input, getting it all configured...

The only thing I can NOT do now is to double-tap the black screen to wake it up. The phone is rock-solid STABLE now, so that is an improvement. But I want it to wake the screen with a double-tap, like it did before!!!

I'm now using "Go" launcher. But I (temporarily) tried "Nova" launcher, like I had it before. DTSO does not work like it used to. It won't wake up the screen while black. Again, this USED TO WORK, so it's not a hardware issue. What did I do wrong? What did I miss in setting this thing up again?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using Wakeup Touch Nexus which is available in Google Play for free. Dint notice any battery drainage. Very nice app. If anyone got better app can suggest me too...