MEOW-kernel v1.12.17 (For CM10.2/CM11/AOSP 4.3/4.4-based ROMS)

Do you need MEOW kernel for ZR?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kostazol

Jun 25, 2013
Hello everybody. Dear jeroenqui (author of meow-kernel) can make port his kernel for Sony Xperia ZR but he doesn't think that we need in this kernel. Please everybody write in this thread who want this kernel, who will donate for it and who will test and use meow kernel.;)
logo-meow.png

THIS IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!!!

FEATURES:
  • All the functionality of the great CM/FXP kernel! Thanks a lot to them, who made this all possible!
  • Includes TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery
  • Updated GAMMA settings for the screen for more realistic colours
  • Sweep 2 Wake
  • Doubletap 2 Wake
  • Proper and stable CPU overclocking upto 1836 MHz
  • Proper and stable GPU overclocking upto 627 MHz
  • CPU & GPU voltage control
  • Undervolt for better battery life
  • Intelli thermal module to prevent heat of device
  • Hotplug msm_mpdecision
  • Extra CPU governors: wheatly and intellidemand
  • Extra GPU governor: simple
  • Extra I/O scheduler: row
  • Fast charging
  • Fast charging for unkown (cheaper) chargers
  • Faux Sound 3.0 support
  • More smoothness by misc. tweaks

COMPATIBILITY:
This kernel is currently compatible with the following 4.3 ROMS
  • CM 10.2
  • All ROM's that are based on CM10.2

This kernel is currently compatible with the following 4.4 ROMS
  • Beanstalk (confirmed, bug with gsm signal)
  • Cyanfox(confirmed)
  • All ROM's that are based on CM11

DOWNLOAD:
The fist version: MEOW-kernel.v2.01.24-kitkat-dogo.zip :victory: :good::good::good:
Big thanks to jeroenqui for creating kernel for Sony Xperia ZR.

INSTALLATION:
1. Reboot phone to recovery
2. Flash the .zip from your sdcard ( after I recommend wipe cache)
3. Reboot and wait (lading is very slow.)
4. Enjoy

By this kernel we can increase Mic gain in 4.4 Rom so volume in video recording can be increased and overclocking on stock Rom is a pain in a** because of many thermal protections but in cm Rom there are less so we can bring out the real power of this chipset with this kernel an on cm roms the battery life is way better than stock Rom and with this kernel we can undervolt which will increase the battery life and in future we may not get official 4.4 so after this long speech you all will know why this kernel is needed for our device

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium HD app

Original thread for xperia Z: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448130

Last edited:

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Hello everybody. Dear jeroenqui (author of meow-kernel) can make port his kernel for Sony Xperia ZR but he doesn't think that we need in this kernel. Please everybody write in this thread who want this kernel, who will donate for it and who will test and use meow kernel.;)

What improvements bring this kernel? share some details and the we consider to donate..

adryanodej

Jun 3, 2013
Dej, Cluj-Napoca
Yes, It work only with CM and AOKP roms. DoomLorD's kernel work with stock, but roms which based on CM11 and AOKP are interesting.

it will be nice to have such a kernel on a stock rom :) i don`t use cm yet cuz in recording the volume is too low ... and the photos i take don`t see on full screen .. tha`t very annoying for me .. anyway if i move again on CM I would definitely such a kernel !
Sorry for my english :D

nikhil18

May 9, 2012
bangalore
By this kernel we can increase Mic gain in 4.4 Rom so volume in video recording can be increased and overclocking on stock Rom is a pain in a** because of many thermal protections but in cm Rom there are less so we can bring out the real power of this chipset with this kernel an on cm roms the battery life is way better than stock Rom and with this kernel we can undervolt which will increase the battery life and in future we may not get official 4.4 so after this long speech you all will know why this kernel is needed for our device

Last edited:

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Hehe, @kostazol nice one :)

I already told you I will try to make a port of MEOW for this device.
Although, I don't want you to raise donations before I start working on it.
Donating is ALWAYS optional and only a sign of appreciation about the work that was done.
Also, this does not increase my motivation in any way. It's more of a time issue.

I will try to release a test build in the coming week. Please stay tuned and have some patience.

Thanks

nostupidthing

Nov 1, 2012
By this kernel we can increase Mic gain in 4.4 Rom so volume in video recording can be increased

cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool if true.

don't understand why xperia custom development like tribal pattern, good things don't get submitted to the official repo.

why????? :D

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

btw, can he backport f2fs, fix the sim and breathing light as well?

:D

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Ok, I made a first attempt to port it.
Please test:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0sY8nIwzcLrMk5scWpZRXlNQUU/edit?usp=sharing

Requirements:
Ofcourse, unlocked bootloader
A CM11/AOSP 4.4 based KITKAT ROM (NOT FOR STOCK ROMS)

Install:
Flash the .zip from your recovery
Reboot

Notes:
This is the first version, altough it should work fine, don't expect it to work very stable.
This will replace your recovery with the newest TWRP

Please report the first findings here. When it's graduated I will make a seperate thread for it in the development section.

kostazol

Jun 25, 2013
Please test:

Requirements:

Does this kernel have doubleTap2Wake and Sweep2Wake ?
Big thanks for you. It works on cm11(fxp), beanstalk and cyanfox.

After 5 attempts beanstalk work.

Bugs:
  • kernel has very low speed before loading bacause of it i can't use recovery. Recovery loading 5 minutes and after it i have freezes in recovery.
  • TWRP has resoltion 1920x1080, but display of ZR has resolution 1280x720 because of it we can use this TWRP(many buttons located outside the screen)
  • loading on cm11 and beanstalk more than 2 minutes. ( it is normal?). It start with freezes(on animation logo) after freezes leave me.
  • It work with cyanfox but it start more than cm11 and beanstalk.(it takes 10 minutes in the fist boot, after 1-2 minutes)
  • CPU frequency does not increase more than 1134mhz in interactive

Last edited:

nikhil18

May 9, 2012
bangalore
CPU frequency does not increase more than 1134mhz even if I put min and max as 1728mhz and the recovery is working I use a theme for twrp because it is not resized but it is too slow it hangs a lot but flashing is fine and booting time is too much and fauxsound is working great and no option for changing GPU governor

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

juanenbas

Jul 18, 2009
Buenos Aires
On test !!!

First reboot home freeze, nothing work
Second reboot....waiting...waiting...and more waiting....and.....FIRST SONY FREEZE, NOTHING WORK !!!
HEY man did you test yourself before upload ????
We have ZR not Z

Last edited:

kostazol

Jun 25, 2013
On test !!!

Second reboot....waiting...waiting...and more waiting....and.....FIRST SONY FREEZE, NOTHING WORK !!!
We have ZR not Z

He can't test it because he have xperia Z.
Please try it:
You need wipe cache after install, also unplug usb, and wait 10-15 minutes(the fist loading). I don't know why but while it boot it has freezes and it doesn't have freezes after loading. Other loading needs about 2-4 minutes

Last edited:

sijav

Sep 3, 2012
Tehran
On test !!!

We have ZR not Z
Hey if you don't want to test it don't come here and argue, or expect anything bad happening at your phone at your fault!
at least he made a build for us!

nikhil18

May 9, 2012
bangalore
Is any one else having the problem of CPU frequency not going more than 1134mhz and there is no intelliplug option

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

jeroenqui

Mar 22, 2010
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Aight, as I expected it has some problems, but at least it boots and basic features work. Will do my best to solve some of the problems in the coming week. Please keep reporting the problems here. The next version will be released in a new thread in the development section. When it's the time, I'll announce that here as well.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aight, as I expected it has some problems, but at least it boots and basic features work. Will do my best to solve some of the problems in the coming week. Please keep reporting the problems here. The next version will be released in a new thread in the development section. When it's the time, I'll announce that here as well.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk
    Hehe, @kostazol nice one :)

I already told you I will try to make a port of MEOW for this device.
    Although, I don't want you to raise donations before I start working on it.
    Donating is ALWAYS optional and only a sign of appreciation about the work that was done.
    Also, this does not increase my motivation in any way. It's more of a time issue.

I will try to release a test build in the coming week. Please stay tuned and have some patience.

Thanks
    logo-meow.png

THIS IS FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!!!

FEATURES:
    • All the functionality of the great CM/FXP kernel! Thanks a lot to them, who made this all possible!
    • Includes TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery
    • Updated GAMMA settings for the screen for more realistic colours
    • Sweep 2 Wake
    • Doubletap 2 Wake
    • Proper and stable CPU overclocking upto 1836 MHz
    • Proper and stable GPU overclocking upto 627 MHz
    • CPU & GPU voltage control
    • Undervolt for better battery life
    • Intelli thermal module to prevent heat of device
    • Hotplug msm_mpdecision
    • Extra CPU governors: wheatly and intellidemand
    • Extra GPU governor: simple
    • Extra I/O scheduler: row
    • Fast charging
    • Fast charging for unkown (cheaper) chargers
    • Faux Sound 3.0 support
    • More smoothness by misc. tweaks

COMPATIBILITY:
    This kernel is currently compatible with the following 4.3 ROMS
    • CM 10.2
    • All ROM's that are based on CM10.2

This kernel is currently compatible with the following 4.4 ROMS
    • Beanstalk (confirmed, bug with gsm signal)
    • Cyanfox(confirmed)
    • All ROM's that are based on CM11

DOWNLOAD:
    The fist version: MEOW-kernel.v2.01.24-kitkat-dogo.zip :victory: :good::good::good:
    Big thanks to jeroenqui for creating kernel for Sony Xperia ZR.

INSTALLATION:
    1. Reboot phone to recovery
    2. Flash the .zip from your sdcard ( after I recommend wipe cache)
    3. Reboot and wait (lading is very slow.)
    4. Enjoy

Original thread for xperia Z: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448130
    I think I have fixed sweep2wake and dt2wake.. Will try to post a new version tomorrow.
    Please test:

Requirements:

Install:
    Flash the .zip from your recovery
    Reboot

Notes:
    This is the first version, altough it should work fine, don't expect it to work very stable.
    This will replace your recovery with the newest TWRP

Please report the first findings here. When it's graduated I will make a seperate thread for it in the development section.