Wifi N-band Dropping

Search This thread

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
Has anybody else with an AT&T HTC One M8 had any issues with N-band wifi dropouts? My M8 seems to have issues every single day with staying permanently connected to N-band wifi. It requires me to turn the wifi on the phone off and on, at which point it reconnects fine...for maybe an hour or two. I've tried updating my router's firmware to no avail, and if anything it made the issue worse. It doesn't seem to have issues staying connected to the G-band. I'm on the stock AT&T 1.58 ROM, with the JMZ unsecure stock kernel.

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Has anybody else with an AT&T HTC One M8 had any issues with N-band wifi dropouts? My M8 seems to have issues every single day with staying permanently connected to N-band wifi. It requires me to turn the wifi on the phone off and on, at which point it reconnects fine...for maybe an hour or two. I've tried updating my router's firmware to no avail, and if anything it made the issue worse. It doesn't seem to have issues staying connected to the G-band. I'm on the stock AT&T 1.58 ROM, with the JMZ unsecure stock kernel.
No issues for me using either the stock AT&T firmware or using the HTC Dev Edition firmware. You may be encountering issues due to the non-stock kernel. (If it's not the original stock, it's not stock. The process of detaching the ramdisk to make it un-secure and recombining can impact kernel modules, etc.) Try using a completely stock device and see how it works out. If it still isn't working, I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that it's an issue with your access point or a compatibility issue between the phone and your AP.

(It works perfectly for me on both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz "n")

Reactions: Elsydeon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No issues for me using either the stock AT&T firmware or using the HTC Dev Edition firmware. You may be encountering issues due to the non-stock kernel. (If it's not the original stock, it's not stock. The process of detaching the ramdisk to make it un-secure and recombining can impact kernel modules, etc.) Try using a completely stock device and see how it works out. If it still isn't working, I'd guess (and it's only a guess) that it's an issue with your access point or a compatibility issue between the phone and your AP.

(It works perfectly for me on both 2.4Ghz and 5GHz "n")