[APP] Rom Toolbox

Search This thread

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
If you haven't tried this app already, definitely give it a shot. So many features. It basically incorporates Titanium, Root Explorer, Voltage Control, SetCPU, SD Card Boost, ROM Manager, TMobile ThemeChooser (for CM7), Terminal Emulator, Ad Blocker, Rebooter, V6 Supercharger, Autokiller, Font Installer, Custom Boot Animations, Battery Icon Changer, Boot Logo Changer, and probably several other common Root apps all-in-one. You can mess with Build.prop tweaks, vm heapsize, sysctl tweaks, and more. AND it lets you Apply any changes you make on Boot.

And the best part.....ALL FREE!!!! (though there is a donate version, not sure what the extra features are - but all I mentioned above is in free version)

Let me know what you think:

ROM Toolbox Market Link

Check out Imoseyon's recommended settings/tweaks as well here.

Last edited:

b_fizzle

Feb 22, 2010
great app

Thanks for the tip...I just got it and MAN is it amazing! I'll play around with it some more, but if it holds up...I'll buy the donate version. Really good app!

ac16313

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
If you haven't tried this app already, definitely give it a shot. So many features. It basically incorporates Titanium, Root Explorer, Voltage Control, SetCPU, SD Card Boost, ROM Manager, TMobile ThemeChooser (for CM7), Terminal Emulator, Ad Blocker, Rebooter, V6 Supercharger, Autokiller, Font Installer, Custom Boot Animations, Battery Icon Changer, Boot Logo Changer, and probably several other common Root apps all-in-one. You can mess with Build.prop tweaks, vm heapsize, sysctl tweaks, and more. AND it lets you Apply any changes you make on Boot.

And the best part.....ALL FREE!!!! (though there is a donate version, not sure what the extra features are - but all I mentioned above is in free version)

http://bit.ly/rhxwX5

Thanks for the tip! I like the app, with no reliable data connection I'm out of the loop on most things great to have them here when I do get data! :)

Sent from my Samsung Legen-wait for it-dary! 4g

Reactions: zanderman112

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
possibly a result of some tweaks i just made using Rom Toolbox, I'm flying right now. Faster than ever. Here's what I changed, just in case anyone can point out if I did anything bad:

Auto memory manager
6,8,24,30,40,50 (same as Aggressive 1 settings in V6 Supercharger)

vm heap size = 32

sd boost = 3072

Min Free KBytes = 4096
Dirty Ratio = 90
Dirty Background Ratio = 70
VFS Cache Pressure = 5
Oom Kill Allocating Task - SET ON

Applied everything at boot, obviously. I did a little research on what to change these values to, and so far these values have definitely sped me up considerably.

Last edited:

FrankyFiggz27

Apr 17, 2011
Vatican City
How has battery life been with those settings?
Great so far. The improved performance is even more noticeable, however. only thing you might want to change, if you know what it is, is the oom kill allocating task setting. a lot of people seem to leave it off, but from what i understood it did, keeping it on should save more battery and just operate more efficiently (makes the killing off of tasks to regain ram less random). so far there's been no downside to having it on. also, you might want to test out putting the vfa cache pressure setting to 1. many people do that, too.

Last edited:
hey just want to ask a simple question ....

i am having samsung galaxy s2 and i had update it with 2.3.6 stock rom KK5 and i want to change the battery icon on the taskbar. but as i change it. my phone didn't boot and stuck on sangung galaxy s2 logo. even didn't find the boot animation or sound..
i didn't make any changes except the battery icon.
even my phone is root.

please check it and revert what i have to do to change the battery icon ...
thanx ..
waiting for +ive response

Rg.
Sachin...

IronReaver17

Aug 31, 2011
Los Angeles
hey just want to ask a simple question ....

i am having samsung galaxy s2 and i had update it with 2.3.6 stock rom KK5 and i want to change the battery icon on the taskbar. but as i change it. my phone didn't boot and stuck on sangung galaxy s2 logo. even didn't find the boot animation or sound..
i didn't make any changes except the battery icon.
even my phone is root.

please check it and revert what i have to do to change the battery icon ...
thanx ..
waiting for +ive response

Rg.
Sachin...

I think you're in the wrong forum

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
Bought the pro version of this. Tried to change battery icon and it froze on boot logo on reboot. Tried to refund and it won't refund. Will be emailing the developer.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

DCRocks

Oct 4, 2010
Washington DC
Bought the pro version of this. Tried to change battery icon and it froze on boot logo on reboot. Tried to refund and it won't refund. Will be emailing the developer.

Man, Android and you sure have a strange releationship...

..... you always get the wierdest issues....

Hope you get a good response from the dev

This Epic post as brought to you via Tapatalk

Zeinzu

Aug 18, 2010
Manchester
www.sdx-developers.com
Yea... don't get me wrong I'm sure all the functions work great, and it's not like I tried anything else with it. Having one freeze was enough for me to stick with the ways of doing things that I know I never have issues with. But knowing me I'll just keep the paid version and try again at some later date. Maybe something just glitched during the reboot.

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
Yea... don't get me wrong I'm sure all the functions work great, and it's not like I tried anything else with it. Having one freeze was enough for me to stick with the ways of doing things that I know I never have issues with. But knowing me I'll just keep the paid version and try again at some later date. Maybe something just glitched during the reboot.

Not sure if this will help, but I have the pro version as well and was able to successfully change the battery icon. I liked having the number off to the side so since I have the ICS theme on my phone, I used that battery icon. I think it's 'Bar Ice Cream Sandwich'.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROM Toolbox Market Link

Check out Imoseyon's recommended settings/tweaks as well here.
    possibly a result of some tweaks i just made using Rom Toolbox, I'm flying right now. Faster than ever. Here's what I changed, just in case anyone can point out if I did anything bad:

Auto memory manager
    6,8,24,30,40,50 (same as Aggressive 1 settings in V6 Supercharger)

vm heap size = 32

sd boost = 3072

Min Free KBytes = 4096
    Dirty Ratio = 90
    Dirty Background Ratio = 70
    VFS Cache Pressure = 5
    Oom Kill Allocating Task - SET ON

Applied everything at boot, obviously. I did a little research on what to change these values to, and so far these values have definitely sped me up considerably.

Man, Android and you sure have a strange releationship...

..... you always get the wierdest issues....

Hope you get a good response from the dev

This Epic post as brought to you via Tapatalk

http://bit.ly/rhxwX5

Thanks for the tip! I like the app, with no reliable data connection I'm out of the loop on most things great to have them here when I do get data! :)

Sent from my Samsung Legen-wait for it-dary! 4g
    Doing a nandroid backup right now. When it's done, I'll apply these settings. Looks pretty bad-ass, though. I hope it's worth it :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

I hope I didn't miss it if you already told us, but where in ROM Toolbox do you access the settings for VFS Cache Pressure and oom kill allocating task setting, etc? I can't seem to find those. I have the Free version. Are you using the Paid version?

Performance, kernel tweaks, sysctl conf