[TOOL][WINDOWS-ONLY]WSG UnBricker V1.0.2

Search This thread

MasterZen88

WSG
WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
Last Update: July 16, 2012
Type: Tools

Wabi-Sabi: Finding the beauty in, and embracing the imperfect!

Perfect is repeatable. Imperfect is Perfect

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous iPhone owners!

I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

..:: Description ::..
This is a Full Fastboot based solution that should allow you to flash any partition.

The IMG's used are blob signed, which our devices require.

..::Audience::..

Anyone who has flash stock rom, messed with the kernel, or can access fastboot.

**Please try DiamondBack thread before attempting to use this tool**

**Before using please install Universal Naked Driver**

**Big THANKS to Doktaphex for fastboot command**

1. Extract it somewhere like your desktop, though anywhere will work.
    when i say extract it i mean use extract all so you get my file structure do not move these files or it will break
  2. Run / double click WSGFlasher.bat
  3. The script displays the readme at startup. close it and continue.
  4. Select what function you want to do and press [ENTER]
    Please be careful as to what file you drag and drop when it prompts you
    One final note do not give it a file from another device or a non .img file it will flash it anyway no matter what file you drag and drop once you press enter it flashes what ever was dragged onto the script. Also do not drag a radio img when it asks for recovery or in revers, bad things will happen Wile they are fixable by repeating the process I dont want anyone to mess up their device making such a simple mistake.

Download Link: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
MD5: e2bf785939e98b74737f7eb0ad9c2c78

..::ChangeLog::..

Code:
WSG_UnBricker V1.0.3
[LIST]
[*]Fixed Coding mistakes
[*]Using a couple diff methods to Un-Brick
[*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.18
[/LIST]

WSG_UnBricker V1.0.2
[LIST]
[*]Fixed System IMG size
[*]Clean up Code
[*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.15
[/LIST]

More to Come.....

Last edited:

MasterZen88

Further, if I get any parts wrong, PM me and I'll get those parts corrected.

Android Partition, SPL etc.

Partitions:
Followings are a list of partitions on your ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201).

misc - misc partition -
recovery - Recovery Partition - This is where the original CWM recovery or any other Recovery would go. Basically if you reboot into recovery it'll boot from here.
boot - This is your boot partition also known has kernel
system - This is where all your system information (ROM resides)
cache - cache (When you factory reset the phone, this area is wiped)
userdata - user data (like your login, your user settings etc) When you factory reset the tablet, this area is wiped)

So, if you replace the recovery image, you are pretty much set for updates provided here at XDA.

ROM images will normally replace boot and system images at the same time and often time, userdata and cache too; reseting the phone completely.

SPL/Bootloader/Bricking Tablets:
SPL / Bootloader is like BIOS on a computer. At least I think of it that way. SPL can be updated! SPL comes as either Security-On of Security-Off (S-ON/S-OFF).

How do I know the tablet is bricked? A bricked tablet can not boot into bootloader, recovery, or into normal operation modes. You can not connect to a bricked tablet via adb or fastboot. You can only see one screen on the tablet and it will be the first splash screen.

Last edited:

brainimpact

Oct 21, 2011
brainimpact.wordpress.com
great tool I never unlocked my prime b/c the half assed asus implementation but now I think I will as this will be like my last resort Insurance if i mess up, saying that I've never killed any of my other devices or had to revive them but some reason never felt confident with my prime.
everyone should be in here hitting thanks it deserves more attention

big thanks from me any way

Last edited:

jaycustom

Aug 1, 2010
Chi-Town
**I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

Cool beans man. Is this how you got your bricked Prime up and running?

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
WSG
WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG UnBricker V1.0
Last Update: Apr 14, 2012

PLEASE NOTE: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device. This includes acts of God, your wife/girlfriend breaking it over your head for using it too much, or jealous iPhone owners!

I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

when i say extract it i mean use extract all so you get my file structure do not move these files or it will break
    One final note do not give it a file from another device or a non .img file it will flash it anyway no matter what file you drag and drop once you press enter it flashes what ever was dragged onto the script. Also do not drag a radio img when it asks for recovery or in revers, bad things will happen Wile they are fixable by repeating the process I dont want anyone to mess up their device making such a simple mistake.

Download Link: WSG_UnBricker V1.0
MD5: a71c8d24307a185145cb329e8f7d6c3e

I am very intrigued, could you please post more about exactly what this tool does, as your description is rather vague, to a certain extent.

Thank you for this tool. It's great to have so many great developers on the Prime. (and people said there would be no development because of it's secret sauce)

Reactions: MasterZen88

MasterZen88

I am very intrigued, could you please post more about exactly what this tool does, as your description is rather vague, to a certain extent.

Thank you for this tool. It's great to have so many great developers on the Prime. (and people said there would be no development because of it's secret sauce)

Yep, those people were wrong...haha

Basically this is a full fastboot solution that should be able to flash any partition on your tablet via a USB host. I used this method to recover my own tablet.

Please check out OP of more information.

MasterZen88

Really I own you credit for figuring out the proper fastboot command "fastboot -i 0x0b05". I'll add it to OP!!! Thanks

Doktaphex

Oct 18, 2010
Earth
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
Really I own you credit for figuring out the proper fastboot command "fastboot -i 0x0b05". I'll add it to OP!!! Thanks

Hey! It wasn't me who figured that command out. I assume it was someone at androidroot.mobi or elsewhere. I mearly stumbled upon it with open arms. :D But thanks anyway.

If we can find out who first figured out that command then I'll be able to update my thread also. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: MarckX

tublah

Jul 22, 2005
So, would this unbrick if you tried to flash a stock Asus Blob file via CWM (the type 2 Brick)? I have not bricked myself, but this seems to be the only hard brick method so far that can't be fixed.

Thanks for putting this together, you make people like me who are spoiled by Samsung and ODIN feel more comfortable with unlocking their devices. ;)

jaii

Dec 15, 2007
Apologies for the noob question....

I have everything installed as per instructions, but your tool cannot communicate with my TFP since I cannot boot to bootloader (Unrecoverable bootloader error (0x00000004)).

Am I correct in assuming that this fix is not for me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WSG
    WabiSabiGeeks

Latest ROM: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
    Last Update: July 16, 2012

..:: Description ::..
    This is a Full Fastboot based solution that should allow you to flash any partition.

The IMG's used are blob signed, which our devices require.

..::Audience::..

Anyone who has flash stock rom, messed with the kernel, or can access fastboot.

**Big THANKS to Doktaphex for fastboot command**

Download Link: WSG UnBricker V1.0.3
    MD5: e2bf785939e98b74737f7eb0ad9c2c78

..::ChangeLog::..

Code:
    WSG_UnBricker V1.0.3
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed Coding mistakes
    [*]Using a couple diff methods to Un-Brick
    [*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.18
    [/LIST]

WSG_UnBricker V1.0.2
    [LIST]
    [*]Fixed System IMG size
    [*]Clean up Code
    [*]Default IMG base from Stock Rom 9.4.2.15
    [/LIST]

More to Come.....
    Further, if I get any parts wrong, PM me and I'll get those parts corrected.

Android Partition, SPL etc.

Partitions:
    Followings are a list of partitions on your ASUS Transformer Prime (TF201).

misc - misc partition -
    recovery - Recovery Partition - This is where the original CWM recovery or any other Recovery would go. Basically if you reboot into recovery it'll boot from here.
    boot - This is your boot partition also known has kernel
    system - This is where all your system information (ROM resides)
    cache - cache (When you factory reset the phone, this area is wiped)
    userdata - user data (like your login, your user settings etc) When you factory reset the tablet, this area is wiped)

So, if you replace the recovery image, you are pretty much set for updates provided here at XDA.

ROM images will normally replace boot and system images at the same time and often time, userdata and cache too; reseting the phone completely.

SPL/Bootloader/Bricking Tablets:
    SPL / Bootloader is like BIOS on a computer. At least I think of it that way. SPL can be updated! SPL comes as either Security-On of Security-Off (S-ON/S-OFF).

How do I know the tablet is bricked? A bricked tablet can not boot into bootloader, recovery, or into normal operation modes. You can not connect to a bricked tablet via adb or fastboot. You can only see one screen on the tablet and it will be the first splash screen.
    Can see this coming in use sometime, so thanks in advance for when I screw up my tab:)
    **I bring to you a tool to help UnBrick your Brick Prime. This should be used has a last resort.

Cool beans man. Is this how you got your bricked Prime up and running?

Yes...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Is this for like a hard brick?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    this is for bricks that can't be fixed using Diamonbacks brick thread.