(Re)BSNL Penta IS701c Unlock (Root) 100% easy And Working No Problems

Search This thread

mayurhsoni

Sep 7, 2012
Pune
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Read All Info Other Wise You Can’t Root your device
(It serious cause to your device)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Friends..............
You Should Know First that
"What is rooting on Android? The Advantages and Disadvantages"

“Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android’s software.
With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s), install custom themes,
Increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money
(ex: Wi-Fi tethering).
Rooting is essentially “hacking” your Android device.

PROCESS=>

You Need Following Spaces to Perform Unlock (root)
1) Pc
2) Windows (any)............ (Win 7 recommended)
3) USB Cable................. {I.e. Mini (OTG) port to Pc USB Port)
4) Your Tab should above 45% charged
5) WinRAR....... (Any version)
6) Follow Instructions Carefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

work on PC

Right Click on the “BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip"...........(Attached Bellow)

And Select xtract Here option for Menu..........

Extract "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip" ................Anywhere

You Get Folder Named as "BSNL Penta IS701c (root)"

Connect Your "BSNL Penta IS701c Tab" Through OTG cable to Pc

USB Dubbing Should Be On......... If Not Check In =>Settings=>devoloper=>Usb dubbing=>tick On
!!!!!!!!Don’t on USB Storage"

!!!!!!After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers..........Your Device Must Turned ........ (Maybe needed Internet Connection for auto update)

After Completing Installation (on Windows 7 only ) click Green bubble with usb icon on start bar you will get device name as Android device or adb device whatever

Now Open "Unlock is701c.bat" file In Folder "BSNL Penta IS701c(root)"
The info shows In Black baground And White Font
!!!!!! Press Enter button
Tablet will Restart Automatically....................
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Note don’t press any key (asking to press key)any time until tab doesn’t goes in loading screen
I.e. Penta Animating logo........Press key only once when ask "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Message Showing “Press any Key to continue"...............(don't press key now until Penta Animating logo........Press key only once After animatin apear "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[/B]
)
[It will ask Many Time to press any Key .............Don’t press any key until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen
And Press Any Key..................... (The data Processing Copying some nesessory files and going after that.......... Don’t press any key {if asked} until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen)

Message showing that ............gaining root accesses/remounting ...........Success (something)

After all the Device turns ON automatically....... (Last Time It will ask For Press Any Key and The Process Finishes)

And you have a Superuser Application in Your Device

Desconnect Your Device From Pc

Work On Device Now Download And Install terminal Emulator from Below Link.....

Open Termnal Emulator
type

/system/xbin/su

it will ask superuser permission allow it (if dont ask Do Above Process Again)

then

rm /bin/su

then

cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

Then minimize terminal emulator

Download And Install Superuser app From Below link..(ask to replace ....Replace It)

Open Superuser

Goto Left side

Click "su binary Area"

Window Open As "Downloading Mainfest" and Many oprations

There’s a SU binary Details(a specific virsion of binry as 3.0.2 whatever)

Then Click Update
It will updated to v 3.1.1 whatever

(if Not Download Superuser Elite From Below And Inistall It Then Re Open Superuser)And Do It Again

Now Done

Open Any App That Ask For Root Accesses and Press Allow.......................Ok

(Avast Antivirus Don’t Work Because Of Device don’t have Net Firewall Configuration file not given with this tab)

Now You Made It.............

Congratulations You Have the ROOT accesses to your BSNL Penta IS701c

But be careful Because Anything you Do with Your System will be saved As Default............

Dont Make Changes With System Theres Example Of Mine

I changed My Display Density from 160 to 400............Many days I can’t use my tab............)
Then I got "bulid.prop" file from another "BSNL Penta IS701c" tab and replaced it using ADB shell (from PC)
I suggest you not to make major changes to System Files..................

Please Use Root Access Properly

And Ask If Have any Problem

And Other Tab users should Request to Their Unlocking File

I will make as soon As Possible............

Thanks and regards..........................................................

Fb:-/mayurhsoni

:cowboy::cowboy::):):):cowboy::cowboy:

Attachments

• Superuser_3.1.3.apk
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,430
Last edited:

dhiwagm

Nov 5, 2012
Hi,

I tried to root my IS701C tab with the above procedure... while doing it installed the superuser app without any error.. after that wen i pressed enter key, the "Unlock is701c.bat" got closed...

now superuser app s installed in my tab.. but its nt showing any log or installed apps.. other softwares like Fx and lucky patcher are giving 'no root access message'.

whats the prob?

thanks in advance

Reactions: Ishwar Deep

dhiwagm

Nov 5, 2012
I checked my tab with root checker... it tells " Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"...

so this too failed..

:confused:

any successful rooting procedure??

Reactions: Ishwar Deep

mayurhsoni

Sep 7, 2012
Pune

Hi,

I tried to root my IS701C tab with the above procedure... while doing it installed the superuser app without any error.. after that wen i pressed enter key, the "Unlock is701c.bat" got closed...

now superuser app s installed in my tab.. but its nt showing any log or installed apps.. other softwares like Fx and lucky patcher are giving 'no root access message'.

whats the prob?

thanks in advance

Thanx.....
Dude you need to swich off your tab .........then all process gose and you need to press key when it asks .......(but after boot loading Screen) try again......It will Done.....
I rooted My Own With Same...............

sidsheru

Nov 13, 2012
Query

“Rooting” your device means obtaining “superuser” rights and permissions to your Android’s software.
With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s), install custom themes,
Increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money

PROCESS=>

1) Pc

Right Click on the “BSNL Penta IS701c Tab Unlock.zip"...........(Attached Bellow)
And Select Extract Here option for Menu..........

USB Dubbing Should Be On.........

After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)
Now Switch off Your device..............
And Open "Unlock is701c.bat" file In Folder "BSNL Penta IS701c(root)"
The info shows Press Enter button
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Note don’t press any key any time until tab doesn’t goes in loading screen
Press key only once when ask "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Message Showing “Press any Key to continue"...............(don't press key now)
And Turn On Your device............. (If device Not ON It shows
"error: device not found" "press any Key to continue")

Again Turn On Your device.......... (Only If above message displays)
It will ask Many Time to press any Key .............Don’t press any key until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen
And Press Any Key..................... (The data Processing is going after that.......... Don’t press any key {if asked} until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen)
Message showing that ............gaining root accesses...........Success (something)
After all the Device turns ON automatically....... (Last Time It will ask For Press Any Key and The Process Finishes)
Open it And Slide to left side tab
There’s Option As "Loading su binary version"
There’s a SU binary Details
Untick outdated binary Notifications........
Open Any App That Ask For Root Accesses and Press Allow.......................Ok
(Avast Antivirus Don’t Work Because Of Device don’t have Net Firewall Configuration file not given with this tab)
But be careful Because Anything you Do with Your System will be saved As Default............
I changed My Display Density from 160 to 400............Many days I can’t use my tab............)
Then I got "bulid.prop" file from another "BSNL Penta IS701c" tab and replaced it using ADB shell (from PC)

Please Use Root Accesses Properly
If

First of all.. thanks for this post. :):)
I was trying to find a way to root my is701c, but couldn't find it in the internet. Will definitely try the method u have mentioned here.
But while reading your post I had some questions in mind.. How to make usb dubbing on? where can I find this option?
Now u have written "After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)"
I really dont understand this.. can u please explain this step?
One more question I want to ask you..
My is701c shows only 280mb of ram. I have asked some people about this who own the same model.
And every one of them told that they also have total 280mb ram in their device.. instead of 512mb!!!!!!!!!
Is the ram usage restricted by penta? Can I increase the amount of available ram after rooting the device?
Please reply...

mayurhsoni

Sep 7, 2012
Pune

First of all.. thanks for this post. :):)
I was trying to find a way to root my is701c, but couldn't find it in the internet. Will definitely try the method u have mentioned here.
But while reading your post I had some questions in mind.. How to make usb dubbing on? where can I find this option?
Now u have written "After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)"
I really dont understand this.. can u please explain this step?
One more question I want to ask you..
My is701c shows only 280mb of ram. I have asked some people about this who own the same model.
And every one of them told that they also have total 280mb ram in their device.. instead of 512mb!!!!!!!!!
Is the ram usage restricted by penta? Can I increase the amount of available ram after rooting the device?
Please reply...

Bro You Asked
1)How to make usb dubbing on?

Go to Settings.>
Developer options.>
Here Is Option Like USB Debugging Tick On(IF Already On No Need To Activate Again)

2)After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)

Device Have Drivers To Connect In ADB Shell Mode....(In Which The Rooting Process Takes Place)

This ADB Shell Needs Some Drivers To Work....

If U Using Windows 7 It Will Automatically Update your Driver.....

I Dont Know That It Will Need Internet Or Not Becoz Some Drivers Are Pre Inistalled In device......If Not Then Needed Internet connection.....

(if the Messeage shows drivers Inistalled Sucess fully In your Task Bar Then It will OK.....

And Problem Of RAM ....

Here Is My Conversation To BSNL Service Center Office......

"Dear Sir,
I bought a tab Penta IS701C From Pune,India
Penta Company Gives The Specification As
512 Mb RAM
But IT shows Only 280.66 Mb Of ram

Please Help Me....

If You have Updated ROM So Please Forward Me On This E-Mail As Soon As Possible!

I contact Your Customer Care ....But All Customer Care Executive's Are Busy........?
How Can I Get The Solution For This Issue...........?
I'm Not Satisfied With This Tab.
So Please Reply As Soon As Possible
Reaguards!
Thank You!"

They Replayed Me As

"Dear Sir,

we can not forward upgraded ROm to you. You will have to register a complaint with BSNL on 01204805200 and get a ticket number. then deliver the tab in my office and we will upgrade the ROM.

regards"

I dont Know Is Upgraded ROM Works For This Issue.......

sidsheru

Nov 13, 2012
Bro You Asked
1)How to make usb dubbing on?

Go to Settings.>
Developer options.>
Here Is Option Like USB Debugging Tick On(IF Already On No Need To Activate Again)

2)After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers.................. (Maybe needed Internet Connection)

Device Have Drivers To Connect In ADB Shell Mode....(In Which The Rooting Process Takes Place)

This ADB Shell Needs Some Drivers To Work....

If U Using Windows 7 It Will Automatically Update your Driver.....

I Dont Know That It Will Need Internet Or Not Becoz Some Drivers Are Pre Inistalled In device......If Not Then Needed Internet connection.....

(if the Messeage shows drivers Inistalled Sucess fully In your Task Bar Then It will OK.....

And Problem Of RAM ....

Here Is My Conversation To BSNL Service Center Office......

"Dear Sir,
I bought a tab Penta IS701C From Pune,India
Penta Company Gives The Specification As
512 Mb RAM
But IT shows Only 280.66 Mb Of ram

Please Help Me....

If You have Updated ROM So Please Forward Me On This E-Mail As Soon As Possible!

I contact Your Customer Care ....But All Customer Care Executive's Are Busy........?
How Can I Get The Solution For This Issue...........?
I'm Not Satisfied With This Tab.
So Please Reply As Soon As Possible
Reaguards!
Thank You!"

They Replayed Me As

"Dear Sir,

we can not forward upgraded ROm to you. You will have to register a complaint with BSNL on 01204805200 and get a ticket number. then deliver the tab in my office and we will upgrade the ROM.

regards"

I dont Know Is Upgraded ROM Works For This Issue.......

Okk.. thanks a lot

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
i got a problem

I got success with a serious problem when i open es file explore it is tell "sdcard unmounted or not present " then i open camera it is also show please insert a sd card
means my internal 2.5 gb is not useable now
please give me solution as soon as possible... Thanks in advance

sidsheru

Nov 13, 2012
Solution

I got success with a serious problem when i open es file explore it is tell "sdcard unmounted or not present " then i open camera it is also show please insert a sd card

You have not mentioned your model. I am supposing you are using IS701C.. If not, then you have to download some other update file for your model. You can check here.. pantel.in/Techforum

Anyway, I also faced the same problem while doing some incorrect operations.. Here's the solution..
Go to this link.. [if u r using IS701C model]
pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar
download the software upgrade (size is nearly 230mb)
then you have to flash your device.. internal memory will be formatted and operating system will get installed
Dont worry.. the steps are simple & instructions can be found within the downloaded .rar file.
But keep in mind, that the data in your internal memory will be erased.

Another advantage of doing this is.. if you have an old build of IS701C, then dongle connectivity issues will be fixed.
Cheers!

Reactions: amitjangir123

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
given link not working ......

thank you for your reply ...........
but unfortunately the link provided by you (pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar) is not working
and opens home page of pantel.in
please provide me a valid link
i think some mistake in your link .....

I aslo call to customer care but not give the link.....

hope you will look my problem again ..............:confused:

sidsheru

Nov 13, 2012
but unfortunately the link provided by you (pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar) is not working

I aslo call to customer care but not give the link.....

Try again. Its still working..

mayurhsoni

Sep 7, 2012
Pune
Reply...

I also call to customer care but not give the link.....

Brother Ive Success fully downloaded The File from (pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar)
But I got SD card Unmounted Problem Again..........Ive Got All Files But Don't Know How To Flash From PC Like JAF for Nokia......
Please Give Me The Software To Flash This ROM File From PC.........
Thanx

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
Brother Ive Success fully downloaded The File from (pantel.in/download/IS701C_penta_20120918.rar)
But I got SD card Unmounted Problem Again..........Ive Got All Files But Don't Know How To Flash From PC Like JAF for Nokia......
Please Give Me The Software To Flash This ROM File From PC.........
Thanx

I think you got a pdf file in IS701CXXXXXX.rar just follow all steps given in pdf..........

braiancolaco

Nov 30, 2012
thank you

hi i got the penta is701c and wanted to upgrade to new version and so i downloaded the file from penta website and couldnt flash it after three days i got the problem solved 2gb sd cards i was using were the problem so i got 16gb and formated it to FAT32 copied the files.now put it in the tablet and waited till it mounted then turned the tablet off now press the +volum key and power button at the same time to turn it on.and follow the instruction(not much)
no root required to do this

hope it helps

i got my tab is701c updated to firmware build 20120918 now i cant find a way to root it.i tried the above methord i instaled the drivers turned off the tablet.then opened the .bat file and turn the tablet on and wait when the penta logo flashes and music is nearly over i press any key tablet restarts but after pressing the 3rd time it gives me vid=0 gid=0 and tells me to press any key so i do and the tab restarts when its in penta screen i press it again the .bat file closes
am i doing something wrong? please help me as i tried verything even unlockroot.
thank you so much for ur help

Last edited:

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
I want to connect my vodafone dongle in my penta is 701c

hi........
can any one give me process for my vodafone zte dongle
i want to connect it with my penta is 701c.....

braiancolaco

Nov 30, 2012
do u get the signal bars next to the time or wifi signal icon and cant connect to the internet? if so try upgrading it to latest firmware from this penta link
what build number is ur tab?

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
do u get the signal bars next to the time or wifi signal icon and cant connect to the internet? if so try upgrading it to latest firmware from this penta link
what build number is ur tab?

i update my firmware from given link 2-3 times but nothing happend also i never get signal bar near to time bar......... I think there are no driver my tab for my vodafone k3770-z
can you give the driver installation process step by step if it possible.....
Thanks in advance

braiancolaco

Nov 30, 2012
sorry

im so sorry i dont know how to put drivers in the tab.i use huawei e1550 and it works because its supported by the tab.the only thing i did was stop the booting sound and delete some applications which came with the tab.it saved me space and tab is a little faster now
how did u root ur penta is701c build 20120918?
can u plz tell me
many thanx

amitjangir123

Nov 21, 2012
ok i am giving u steps to root penta is701c .............

im so sorry i dont know how to put drivers in the tab.i use huawei e1550 and it works because its supported by the tab.the only thing i did was stop the booting sound and delete some applications which came with the tab.it saved me space and tab is a little faster now
how did u root ur penta is701c build 20120918?
can u plz tell me
many thanx

First of all i want to tell that my zte dongle (k3770-z) is now working ....thanks....

To root your is701c just follow this steps carefully.....
STEP 1:- search a softwear in google named "UNLOCK ROOT.EXE"
STEP 2:- connect ur device to ur pc using otg cable .....
STEP 3:- make sure u have installed cable driver for your tab.....(to check right click on my computer and choose manage you will see a ADB interface option if see than don't worry .....just close every thing . )
STEP 4:- open unlock root and press green root button (it says that your device is already root but just root it again....)
STEP 5:- after that your tab wil restarted ......and you will see a superuser app in your tab....
STEP 6:- now go to play store and download "TERMINAL EMULATOR"(u can search also on google...)
STEP 7:- now type following command in terminal emulator carefully....

system/bin/su and hit enter........(also allow to super user ....)
rm /bin/su and hit enter.
cp /system/bin/su /system/xbin/ and hit enter
rm /system/bin/su and hit enter

Thats it.. now open any app that u want to use .......(i suggest u for setcpu.apk and game booster if you want to increse your tab speed)

if you have any Q and A comment below......enjoy rooting .......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PROCESS=>

1) Pc

work on PC

And Select xtract Here option for Menu..........

USB Dubbing Should Be On......... If Not Check In =>Settings=>devoloper=>Usb dubbing=>tick On

!!!!!!After Connecting The Device Will Install Needed Drivers..........Your Device Must Turned ........ (Maybe needed Internet Connection for auto update)

After Completing Installation (on Windows 7 only ) click Green bubble with usb icon on start bar you will get device name as Android device or adb device whatever

Now Open "Unlock is701c.bat" file In Folder "BSNL Penta IS701c(root)"
    The info shows In Black baground And White Font
    !!!!!! Press Enter button
    Tablet will Restart Automatically....................
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Note don’t press any key (asking to press key)any time until tab doesn’t goes in loading screen
    I.e. Penta Animating logo........Press key only once when ask "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Message Showing “Press any Key to continue"...............(don't press key now until Penta Animating logo........Press key only once After animatin apear "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [/B]
    )
    [It will ask Many Time to press any Key .............Don’t press any key until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen
    And Press Any Key..................... (The data Processing Copying some nesessory files and going after that.......... Don’t press any key {if asked} until your tab don’t goes in "penta" loading screen)

Message showing that ............gaining root accesses/remounting ...........Success (something)

Desconnect Your Device From Pc

Work On Device Now Download And Install terminal Emulator from Below Link.....

Open Termnal Emulator
    type

/system/xbin/su

it will ask superuser permission allow it (if dont ask Do Above Process Again)

then

rm /bin/su

then

cp /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su

Then minimize terminal emulator

Download And Install Superuser app From Below link..(ask to replace ....Replace It)

Open Superuser

Goto Left side

Click "su binary Area"

Window Open As "Downloading Mainfest" and Many oprations

There’s a SU binary Details(a specific virsion of binry as 3.0.2 whatever)

Then Click Update
    It will updated to v 3.1.1 whatever

(if Not Download Superuser Elite From Below And Inistall It Then Re Open Superuser)And Do It Again

Now Done

Dont Make Changes With System Theres Example Of Mine

Please Use Root Access Properly

hey friends want to root your penta is701c........check this 100% working.....

just click below attachment and follow all instruction .....(root penta is701c by amitjangir.rar (736.3 KB)
    i am 100% sure any one can root his penta is 701c USING THIS....
    DON'T SEY THANKS JUST HIT THANKS BOTTON IT WILL MOTIVATE ME ..........
    Hi,

whats the prob?

thanks in advance
    I checked my tab with root checker... it tells " Sorry! This device does not have proper root access"...

so this too failed..

:confused:

any successful rooting procedure??
    Solution

You have not mentioned your model. I am supposing you are using IS701C.. If not, then you have to download some other update file for your model. You can check here.. pantel.in/Techforum

Anyway, I also faced the same problem while doing some incorrect operations.. Here's the solution..
    Go to this link.. [if u r using IS701C model]
    download the software upgrade (size is nearly 230mb)
    then you have to flash your device.. internal memory will be formatted and operating system will get installed
    Dont worry.. the steps are simple & instructions can be found within the downloaded .rar file.
    But keep in mind, that the data in your internal memory will be erased.

Another advantage of doing this is.. if you have an old build of IS701C, then dongle connectivity issues will be fixed.
    Cheers!