[GT-P6800][3g]cifs.ko - module

Search This thread

ericshliao

Nov 19, 2006
CIFS module for P6810

This is CIFS module for P6810. I built it from Samsung source code. No patch is added. Binaries not being stripped.
I am still figuring how to load the modules. insmod gave me an error message "Operation not permitted". Do I have to put it in system partition?

Added:
I can execute insmod after "su". Stupid me!
The result is "exec format error". I guess there's something wrong with my compilation.

Attachments

• p6810_cifs.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:

okashira

Dec 2, 2007
This is CIFS module for P6810. I built it from Samsung source code. No patch is added. Binaries not being stripped.
I am still figuring how to load the modules. insmod gave me an error message "Operation not permitted". Do I have to put it in system partition?

Added:
The result is "exec format error". I guess there's something wrong with my compilation.

Is there a chance you can do this for the i815, please? :)

Edwrib

Sep 22, 2010

Added:

Is you compilation or syntax?
Try cifs mout in store.

pinkowl

Nov 25, 2007
I compiled the cifs.ko, md4.ko and nls_utf8.ko for P6810 ICS. I have not tested it since I do not have the device. This is for the kernel version 3.0.15-P6810XXLPL-CL906636 as stated by one of the posters above. Hope it works...

Note: Remember to load md4.ko before cifs.ko... This is now required. If not it will not work.

If you get an error like "Exec format error", run dmesg immediately and let me know the error message.

Attachments

• cifs-nls_utf8-md4-P6810-ICS-kernel-XXLPL.zip
    156 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Reactions: dfkt_ and teiglin

teiglin

Jul 7, 2011
I compiled the cifs.ko, md4.ko and nls_utf8.ko for P6810 ICS. I have not tested it since I do not have the device. This is for the kernel version 3.0.15-P6810XXLPL-CL906636 as stated by one of the posters above. Hope it works...

Note: Remember to load md4.ko before cifs.ko... This is now required. If not it will not work.

If you get an error like "Exec format error", run dmesg immediately and let me know the error message.

Not sure if I have an updated or simply a slightly different kernel version since you did this a month ago, but this failed on me with Exec format error. Here's the line from dmesg:

<3>[ 269.178420] c0 md4: version magic '3.0.15-P6810XXLPL-CL906636 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p2v8 ' should be '3.0.15-1031888 SMP preempt mod_unload ARMv7 p 2v8 '

If you still read this, updated modules would be awesome, thanks. :)

Reactions: ruslan.denisenko

WangChung81

Mar 19, 2012
Does anyone know if the cifs.ko provided here will work with a Verizon i815? I'm already rooted and ready to go, but I didn't realize I needed this module for things to work. Thanks!

I found a workaround for CIFS, I'm using ES File Explorer to browse shared folders. Works great, but would still like to get CIFS Mgr. working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have compiled the nls_utf8.ko module as well as recompilied the module cifs.ko for those of you that needs it. Files are attached in this post.

This is for the stock kernel from the LA2 firmware which I am using. If you are using the stock kernel from Samsung, this should work for you.

If this helps you, pls click on the "thanks" link.
    Cifs.ko module for galaxy tab 7.7 for stock galaxy kernel.

EDIT - pinkowl has updated the cifs module with nls_utf8 support.

Please see use his updated download link from post 12.

cheers

Should allow mounting of windows/samba shares.

from terminal (connectbot, script etc)

$ insmod cifs.ko (where you saved cifs.ko path)

Please could you test. For me it is working. however a few issues:
    but video players stutter but so far bs player lite works best me for media network streaming.

edit - is it down to poor wifi performance - however same files play fine over http streaming from nas!

so proper dev required to looked into performance issues.

Using cifs manager to mount share & es explorer free edition allows you to copy to root etc.
    I have compiled the cifs.ko module for ICS (P6800).

A couple of points to note before using.

1. This is for P6800 ICS running the stock kernel version 3.0.15-P6800XXLQ1-CL758322 of ICS released by Samsung. You can check your kernel under Settings->About device. This is unlikely to work for any other kernels. I suspect this will not work for the P6810 due to the version magic string... May need to recompile for P6810...
    2. Pls load md4.ko before loading cifs.ko. This additional module is required for cifs to work now.
    3. I have also included nls_utf8.ko if you need it.
    4. All 3 modules are tested and working fine with cifsmanager. If you have issues, pls ensure all required modules are loaded, including md4.ko. You can check by opening a terminal and running the command 'lsmod'

Sorry for disturb

Plz, can anybody tell me what is this and how to use it?