[Q[SOLVED]]how to port android apps

Search This thread

dragonhustler

Nov 8, 2012
Trowbridge
So i just wanna ask what i have to edit to port android apps from other devices is it the manifest only or what?

Sent from my SK17i using xda premium

Last edited:

dragonhustler

Nov 8, 2012
Trowbridge
Re: [Q]how to port android apps

yeah i have tried that but not working when i reboot apps are not there these are jelly bean apps that i want to use so anyway of editing this to make it compatible to ics?

Reactions: CoMBoO2

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane
yeah i have tried that but not working when i reboot apps are not there these are jelly bean apps that i want to use so anyway of editing this to make it compatible to ics?

Theoretically, the Application Programming Interface ( API ) of Jelly Bean is higher than that of ICS. Hence some features of the Jelly Bean apk may not work on ICS, or the apk may not even work. It depends on what you are trying to port. Some Xperia Z apps have already been ported for ICS, but other phone brand apks are very difficult to port.

dragonhustler

Nov 8, 2012
Trowbridge

Theoretically, the Application Programming Interface ( API ) of Jelly Bean is higher than that of ICS. Hence some features of the Jelly Bean apk may not work on ICS, or the apk may not even work. It depends on what you are trying to port. Some Xperia Z apps have already been ported for ICS, but other phone brand apks are very difficult to port.

Now you have helped me so you mean that if I manage maybe to mess. With the API then I can manage to port it to ics?

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane

Now you have helped me so you mean that if I manage maybe to mess. With the API then I can manage to port it to ics?

You cannot mess with the API level. Although it can be changed in androidmanifest.xml, many features of the app won't work. Still, you can try using APK2JAVA or APKTOOL to decompile and check the apk that you need to port. If you don't know java, then it would be difficult.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

dragonhustler

Nov 8, 2012
Trowbridge

You cannot mess with the API level. Although it can be changed in androidmanifest.xml, many features of the app won't work. Still, you can try using APK2JAVA or APKTOOL to decompile and check the apk that you need to port. If you don't know java, then it would be difficult.

Yeah I know java but what's the difference between Dex2jar and APK2JAVA?

abcdjdj

May 28, 2012
Thane

Apk2java allows you to decompile the apk into an eclipse project. I don't think that dex2jar can do that. Both allow you to edit the source of the apk. I have tried using Apk2Java and decompiled an apk into an eclipse project, but when I imported it there were around 50 errors:(
Never tried using dex2jar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah but others are not installing

If you want to try using a system app, then place your apk in /system/app and set permissions - chmod 0644. The permissions look somewhat like this -
    xx-
    x--
    x--

This can be done using any file manager. I recommand using Root Browser by Jrummy.

Yeah but others are not installing