smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
unnamed_copy.jpg

espanol/portugues/other languages here

well as i ve been saying we have many roms 4.4.2 with similar features but at same time different..so questions for users are:

1. wich one is the best? --i cant say..its user choice for his needs.here you can see most features of each rom and choose.:)
  2. what makes this/that rom unique? --see screenshots and video reviews.
  3. wich bugs do they have? --report here some more or all you find.
  4. wich one haves more free ram? --see screenshots.
and so on..

i have choosen this roms,so users can say what they think and report bugs (if any) besides cm11 bugs.HDMI,video recorder laggy,stock web browser super laggy.

Last edited:

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
ROM: HELLKAT

GOOD: many user friendly configurations,excelent battery life,great themed on red.super smooth and super fast!! usb mount working 100%,only one until now.
BAD: sometimes freezes on some features,nothing big.*too red for my taste,if it was blue better for me only!!!

ROM: CarbonRom KitKat

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,no landscape for gaming.:good: super fast,great ram,battery life is very good,equalizer with many option.carbon wallpapers inside directly from server (wifi connection required) but great little feature.

BAD:no music player,no HALO feature.

ROM: Official AORP - 4.4.2

GOOD: very fast,customizable enough,a mix between cm11 and AORP. lite and much free ram,very good battery life.:good:

BAD: need some tuning,nothing more to say.

ROM: VanirAOSP 4.4.2

GOOD: super customizable, nice style, themed with inverted black.

BAD: no default music player, free ram is 130-150 with a few light apps,screen recorder and torch buggy.

ROM: AOKP 4.4.2

GOOD:very fast,ROM control always nice with many options and immersive control.white theme AOKP for second option.good battery life.installation and boot super fast.

BAD:no equalizer,launcher options FC,then stays ok after a bit.

ROM: POLYGON KK r.1.4

GOOD:fast and smooth,many options on aroma installer,user style friendly.

BAD: low free ram,it depends on user choices on aroma also.* Camera button does not wake up camera app.
* Instagram can not upload stored image.Hang or restart when finishing the process.

ROM: BeamKat 9.3

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,good features,eye candy will little changes.usb mount working also!

BAD: free ram is average and sometimes gets very low (70-90). not very smooth or fast.needs more work.

ROM: Vanir AOSP

GOOD:super fast,good battery life,many tweaks inside rom,good free ram,nice style.

BAD:no osb buttons.

Last edited:

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
OP,
i think u can remove super laggy browser -- great thing to open unified thread .. but make sure it doesn't become best rom thread :)

yes,its a WIP thread...i think we gonna have more kk roms and better ones..so this all can change..anyway users can express on any moment wich rom they prefer..best one is a bit hard...i ve tried all and i cant say..i like all,but for now Carbon rom latest release is my favourite...and last week it was Hellkat alpha..so this is always changing..but we can see all bugs and better features on any rom more unified..and keep following all changes that is been made for OP on their roms and its more visible for all developers see their work spread.;)

R

rebelos

yes,its a WIP thread...i think we gonna have more kk roms and better ones..so this all can change..anyway users can express on any moment wich rom they prefer..best one is a bit hard...i ve tried all and i cant say..i like all,but for now Carbon rom latest release is my favourite...and last week it was Hellkat alpha..so this is always changing..but we can see all bugs and better features on any rom more unified..and keep following all changes that is been made for OP on their roms and its more visible for all developers see their work spread.;)

maybe in coming days u have to add one more rom :p can even beat AORP :D

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Hi, @smokerman, I'm really interested in your reviews, will be there any new updates or reviews of new KK Roms? Thanks!

i will do new updates and reviews also with gaming performance on kitkat roms..but at this time no big differences from last releases and only carbon have a new nightly build mainly fixing some little bugs..but ive tested yesterday and no big difference performance wise.

so keep following,new reviews are coming and more complete.:good:

Reactions: GeoTox

Attitude.SSJ

Oct 21, 2012
Mangalore
More than the hacks needed to make a 3.x kernel work on Anzu?

From jb 4.2 2.6 kernel had problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and needed hacks to work... I guess kk will create more problems... And I doubt any dev will do all that work just for fm... Too much work for one feature...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
From jb 4.2 2.6 kernel had problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and needed hacks to work... I guess kk will create more problems... And I doubt any dev will do all that work just for fm... Too much work for one feature...

Sent from my Xperia Neo V using Tapatalk 2

i agree..seems hard..if radio is important to you stick to 4.1.2 roms.:good:

as2003

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the summary.

I am currently using Polygon KK with mounts2sd. Very smooth and stable ROM, but I am ready to check other ROMs. Specifically I am looking for a ROM with more Xperia Z1 looks and features.

I think it is time for the ROM developers to include something like int2ext4 or mounts2sd built in to the ROM installer because storage space is almost the only problem for our Arc now (the other problem is processor speed.)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM: HELLKAT

GOOD: many user friendly configurations,excelent battery life,great themed on red.super smooth and super fast!! usb mount working 100%,only one until now.
    BAD: sometimes freezes on some features,nothing big.*too red for my taste,if it was blue better for me only!!!

ROM: CarbonRom KitKat

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,no landscape for gaming.:good: super fast,great ram,battery life is very good,equalizer with many option.carbon wallpapers inside directly from server (wifi connection required) but great little feature.

BAD:no music player,no HALO feature.

ROM: Official AORP - 4.4.2

GOOD: very fast,customizable enough,a mix between cm11 and AORP. lite and much free ram,very good battery life.:good:

BAD: need some tuning,nothing more to say.

ROM: VanirAOSP 4.4.2

GOOD: super customizable, nice style, themed with inverted black.

BAD: no default music player, free ram is 130-150 with a few light apps,screen recorder and torch buggy.

ROM: AOKP 4.4.2

GOOD:very fast,ROM control always nice with many options and immersive control.white theme AOKP for second option.good battery life.installation and boot super fast.

BAD:no equalizer,launcher options FC,then stays ok after a bit.

ROM: POLYGON KK r.1.4

GOOD:fast and smooth,many options on aroma installer,user style friendly.

BAD: low free ram,it depends on user choices on aroma also.* Camera button does not wake up camera app.
    * Instagram can not upload stored image.Hang or restart when finishing the process.

ROM: BeamKat 9.3

GOOD:navigation bar inside the rom fully working,good features,eye candy will little changes.usb mount working also!

BAD: free ram is average and sometimes gets very low (70-90). not very smooth or fast.needs more work.

ROM: Vanir AOSP

GOOD:super fast,good battery life,many tweaks inside rom,good free ram,nice style.

BAD:no osb buttons.
    all roms video reviews on youtube.

better and quicker reviews on new versions of kitkat roms on my youtube channel.

well as i ve been saying we have many roms 4.4.2 with similar features but at same time different..so questions for users are:

1. wich one is the best? --i cant say..its user choice for his needs.here you can see most features of each rom and choose.:)
    2. what makes this/that rom unique? --see screenshots and video reviews.
    3. wich bugs do they have? --report here some more or all you find.
    4. wich one haves more free ram? --see screenshots.
    and so on..

i have choosen this roms,so users can say what they think and report bugs (if any) besides cm11 bugs.HDMI,video recorder laggy,stock web browser super laggy.
    I was wondering if you was updating this topic!

Thank you for your reviews :good:
    I saw your new video, keep up the good work :D

i will update slowly,but this was meant for users share their opinions also and bugs or good things they experienced on the kitkat roms..i cant test all to the most..this are small previews and reviews.:good:
    PolygonKK:
    Good: Smooth and fast, even after I install many apps.
    Bad: Maps and navigation is blinking, video recording display often freeze (but the recording continue).

UltraKK:
    Good: More Xperia apps (album, walkman, video player, social, sony sketch)
    Bad: Somehow the response are much slower when more apps are installed. (I have not testing camera and maps yet)

Just found out that Google maps and video recording are kernel problems. So they also happen to other KitKat ROM.

Oh well.

Now these ones are specific to polygon kk:
    * Camera button does not wake up camera app.

Sent from my Xperia Arc using xda app-developers app