[App] JWMD Stuick - A Start Menu helper

Do you want the Bar shows only when Start Menu is visible?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Brunobiseu

Jul 15, 2008
Just one more day to go! :)
Is Stuick expected to work/display OK on a 320x320 screen (Palm Treo Pro)?
Thanks,

Bruno

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
just came up with a new idea with JWMD Stuick ..
but this will be implemented ASAP..

picture.php

obaz

Jul 11, 2007
not working at all.
wp7lockscreen work.
HTC Kaiser, OC CE 5.2.21895.
lang 419 (ru)

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
not working at all.
wp7lockscreen work.
HTC Kaiser, OC CE 5.2.21895.
lang 419 (ru)

what do you mean by this "not working at all" but WP7LockScreen works?

im assuming you executed WP7LockScreen manually in installation folder..

please DO NOT run this WP7LockScreen.exe, it's not designed for standalone.

once installed, please run JWMD Stuick in start menu.

obaz

Jul 11, 2007
what do you mean by this "not working at all" but WP7LockScreen works?

im assuming you executed WP7LockScreen manually in installation folder..

please DO NOT run this WP7LockScreen.exe, it's not designed for standalone.

once installed, please run JWMD Stuick in start menu.

after installing the app I launch it from start menu. nothing happens. then I reboot and launch it again. and again nothing. so I went into JWMD Stuick program folder and start launching any exe I can find. As I said only WP7LockScreen.exe working fine

obaz

Jul 11, 2007
forget to mention - I`m using QVGA device, if it is important
is the any possibility to gather log or crash info ?

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
after installing the app I launch it from start menu. nothing happens. then I reboot and launch it again. and again nothing. so I went into JWMD Stuick program folder and start launching any exe I can find. As I said only WP7LockScreen.exe working fine

ok. what WM OS version are you using? 6, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.1 ?

I want you to soft-reset the phone.. wait until it finish everything it loads.

Tap Start and wait for Stuick UI to show up.. if nothing happens after 5 seconds or so .. uninstall the app and try version 1.1 beta (post #2)

MichelDiamond

Jul 6, 2009
looks cool, great idea!

but some issues:
in start menu there's only a black bar on the right side (until you expand it to abc...)
this black bar is unfortunately also in Sense too see and cuts off the right side in this way.
Lockscreen conflicts with Cookies Home Tab.no lock possible via start menu and lock icon disappears while stuick is running. (version without special lock is needful,cht uses also default winmo lock)

versions:
winmo 6.5, 21891
Sense 2011.2328
Co0kies Home Tab 1.8
language: German
installed stuick 1.1b on storage card
hd2

Last edited:

obaz

Jul 11, 2007
Nullstring
new version show error. out of memory.
when it approximately 30mb free.

Joperman

Nov 28, 2009
I use this forum as a reader only, but I decided to write some feedback for this app. First of all, I really like the concept and I think that it could become a very good and useful piece of software when all the bugs are fixed.

Now about the feedback. I experienced few random crashes, not sure what I was doing when most of them happened, but one in particular I remember I was scrolling over the letters bar on the right. Also the letters bar does not hide always. If I press the hardware home button, the bar stays over manila or the lock screen, etc. Even if I press the "hide" button to get the original start menu and then close it with X the letter bar still stays (although in this case its the thinner version without the letters).
I don't have a problem with the lock screen messing with the CHT lock screen as MichelDiamond, but then again I'm using CHT 1.7.1, not 1.8.
Also program crashes when I press the quick list setup button.

I have 2 suggestions to make as well.
1. Make the search incremental, i.e. show what it found on every key pressed without the need to press enter or the search icon
2. make an easy way to leave the program screen if people change their mind and decide not to launch any application. Currently you can do that only with "hide" button and then close start menu with X, or with the hardware home button.

Tested on HD2, WM6.5.x.

Edit: Now I found out that you can leave Stuick by double tapping the letters bar, so I guess my second suggestion can be ignored, although it could be made more intuitive, but it works this way too.

Last edited:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
Thanks @Joperman for you suggestions.

I forgot to mention, you can fully hide Stuick (if ever Stuick still stays at the side) you can double tap on the thin black bar or tap the thin black bar and wait until it fully shows the StuickUI and double tap the vertical letter bar

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't know if this will even be seen but...Excellent app! Works well on my i920 Omnia 2. Unfortunately, it seems to be a bit hungry. After full reboot, without Stuick installed, I have a starting ram of about 77MB. With Stuick installed, but not running, that starting ram drops to about 67MB, and drops further to about 63 when actively running. Anyway to make this otherwise wonderfully useful app less memory intensive? I would like to keep this but I don't think I can afford the cost in ram.