[5/3/2011][ANDROID] Huawei U8150 ROM,Cherry Pie v3 is here!

What do you want for next build?

• Total voters
Search This thread

MieluVTR

Jan 1, 2010
Bucharest
Hi there,

I have a weird problems: system freezes randomly...
Installed everything in the right order and places (not the first time i am doinh this), Android starting OK... I am skipping "account sign in"...
Any ideas?

Thanks alot!

helicopter88

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2009
Hi there,

I have a weird problems: system freezes randomly...
Installed everything in the right order and places (not the first time i am doinh this), Android starting OK... I am skipping "account sign in"...
Any ideas?

Thanks alot!

You should check hyc's ril
Everything is going to be solved with cwm 1.9
Wich is in the final stages of testing.

UsAs

Oct 5, 2009
Hey folks,

greetings from Germany. Some days ago i found my old Diamond and thought about having Android installed on this little bastard. Googled and found this thread again. I hope some users here are still active to help me out of my problem. Yesterday night i installed Cherry Pie v3, but my led ring flashes all the time in standby. Ist this normal? I could only remember this flashing when the Diamond is being charged. Any chance of switching this off?

Thanks in advance, UsAs

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Hey folks,

greetings from Germany. Some days ago i found my old Diamond and thought about having Android installed on this little bastard. Googled and found this thread again. I hope some users here are still active to help me out of my problem. Yesterday night i installed Cherry Pie v3, but my led ring flashes all the time in standby. Ist this normal? I could only remember this flashing when the Diamond is being charged. Any chance of switching this off?

Thanks in advance, UsAs

The led flashing is normal,it's for debug pruposes and tells you when the phone is sleeping correctly,you can disable it by using LedEffects,you can do a search about it in raphael or rhodium android subforum

UsAs

Oct 5, 2009
Hey,

thanks for your quick answer. Then erverythings okay. But i have another question. It's not possible for me aceessing the internal storage. When i plug in into my notebook, the storage won't be mounted. Droid explorer won't recognize my phone. Any idea? Android SDK is installed.

Cheers!

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Hey,

thanks for your quick answer. Then erverythings okay. But i have another question. It's not possible for me aceessing the internal storage. When i plug in into my notebook, the storage won't be mounted. Droid explorer won't recognize my phone. Any idea? Android SDK is installed.

Cheers!

Launch adb and then you can access it,but i'd use droid explorer,makes your life easier

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
helicopter88 better version android it's Cherry Pie v3 or other?

My builds are outdated,since i don't have a device,i can't fix 'em
I'd advise you to use neofroyo by neopeek(you can find it in Rhodium's android subforum or on neopeek.com) or FRX07 (Again in the rhodium subforum)

satirg

Sep 21, 2010
i have figured it out. i have another problem all is working except videos sound plays ok but no video or only first frame any solution?

pdoughty

Aug 2, 2008
Hi. I have a HTC Touch Diamond. No matter which Android version I try (e.g. Cherry Pie v3, FRX06/07, Froyo), I can't get the touchscreen to work when I get to the Android front screen (with the "Unlock" and "Audio" options).

I've recreated the ts-calibration file about a dozen times but I always get the same issue. Help anyone, please?

My radio version is 1.09.25.23 and my ROM versions is 2.07.Gen.Y WWE - could this be causing the problem??

Cheers

scaricatore

Jun 25, 2010
Hi guys, i have the same problem(kinda)...if I am fast enough, I can navigate on menu but after a while it gets frozen....
In cherry pie loop i get this issue, instead with cherry pie v3 im not able to install...
Thanks

helicopter88

Jul 28, 2009
Hi guys, i have the same problem(kinda)...if I am fast enough, I can navigate on menu but after a while it gets frozen....
In cherry pie loop i get this issue, instead with cherry pie v3 im not able to install...
Thanks

It's a ril issue,it's corrected with latest rootfs(only for loop build),but you should lose some things like wi-fi..
Latest rootfs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all

I would say thanks to neopeek for giving me the source file and for helping me with it
    Then i would say thanks to all peoples involved in this project,like the xda-android team,thanks to Tiad8 for the 3d libraries,to viruscrazy for the camera libs and kernels,to chann for making r5 and r6,and to all helping here solving all the bugs
    Huge thanks to Blackra1n and knightrocker for 3d libraries and fixed clock color
    Other thanks to arrrghhh,for blessing me and for suggesting me to do looped system files
    and to Nautis,for helping with genext2,you saved me a lot of time!

This is a light rom ported from the Huawei U8150,it is quietly fast.
    There are two ways to install this build

1)
    Having two partitions on the sd-card,one big FAT32 and one(about 700 mb for having space for everything) EXT2 primary
    and go into the HARET-STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device, and move it to the root of the card.
    then Go into the npkinstall folder,then, STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device, and move it to npkinstall folder,from the phone run install.exe and after rebooting run haret.exe
    This way is harder,but makes easier to mod the build,add your own libs,fixing small things,and makes the build go faster

2)
    1) Download and extract it. You’ll see a folder, Cherry pie v3 loop, copy its contents to the root of your SD card.

2) Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device, and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so arrrghhh's rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4) Either download the ts-calibration file from this post or this and rename it to ts-calibration (remove the .txt extension,not needed if you download ts-calibration from the second link) or follow the directions below to create your own. Place this file where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

Thanks for arrrghhh for this faq

FAQ
    Here there is a FAQ that's really easy to follow,done by Great_day on neopeek.com
    FAQ
    Please read it before posting here
    And please read original thread

DOWNLOADS

NEW
    "Cherry Pie Build v3" aka "Midnightrocker"

Cherry pie v3

Or the system.ext2 file(same as froyo x/xdandroid)

Cherry Pie v3 system.ext2
    (if the extraction of the archive doesn't go fine,then you need latest 7zip(version 9.20)
    Is a bundle containing 1276 kernel(for me is the best),if you have troubles calibrating or other things,change kernel
    OLD
    Cherry Pie Build v2

v5.1

CHANGELOG
    25/3/11
    -Made loop'd system.ext2,thanks to Nautis for helping with this
    5/3/11
    -Newer camera libs,videorecord now supported
    -Themed everuthing,and added themefix for notification,Huge thanks to knightrocker
    -Newer rootfs,this bring better stability and other little things,huge thanks to neopeek
    13/2/11
    -Fixed 3d flickering,added better 3d libraries,thanks to BlackRa1n
    -Fixed color of the clock,but for now notification are still black on black
    -Added some things from Froyo X to make bluetooth work better,please test
    12/2/11
    -Updated camera libs and kernel,thanks to viruscrazy
    -Added 3d libs,now 3d should be faster,thanks to tiad8
    -Themed with Minimal Green by rhamej on xda,really amazing theme
    -Fixed permissions,market and overall performance should be faster
    -Due to some troubles editing services.jar,clock color in status bar is black,you won't see it
    25/1/11
    -Made an update to chann's R5
    -No more barebone,it has all the apps included in chann's frg83 R5
    -Last but not least,CAMERA WORKING
    20/1/11
    -Fixed sms and email missing
    -Fixed 3D drivers
    19/1/11
    -Added some 3d drivers from various sources
    -Deodexed and Zipaligned all the apps to make 'em faster
    -Removed a lot of apps,now there are only a few of apps included
    -Added LauncherPro,latest version,known to work.
    -Added some libraries from Gingerbread,U8230 rom and frg83
    10/1/11
    -Wi-fi working now.
    9/1/11
    -First bulid.
    DISCLAIMER

Remember that i'm not responsable of data losses,bricked phones, thermo nuclear war and many other things that may happen if you use my bulid

If you want to be generous,i don't want donations,but you can donate to neopeek as him has done all the work,i just optimized and fixed some things
    As always test and report what's working for you on what kernel.
    SMALL FAQ

Q:My phone freezes after 2 minutes of using,how can i solve it?
    A:You have to be fast and disable data exchange,this will solve this problem.

Q:Camera it's not working on my phone
    A:I'm not the developer of camera libraries and kernels,so i can't solve it,but if you have a Blackstone,please test,i don't have one,and some users reports camera not working on it,it'll be fixed later

Q:How can i use this,How can i install?
    A:You have to follow the chase21's MOTHER TUTORIAL or wait for the updated install method

Q:I have another problem,how can i solve?
    A:Try to change kernel,if you don't need camera,you can use all the kernels

If your problem isn't listed here,isn't in Great_day's faq and in Chase21's mother tutorial,feel free to post here
    We(neopeek did the hardest part) fixed a really strange issue.
    We now have new rootfs working,and so touchscreen,and i can feel that cherry pie v3 is coming
    For v3 we have fixed theme and maybe camera and camcorder working
    is diam200 working as well? it´s the same model just with a different model id

It isn't working for diam100,so it shouldn't work on diam 200

A quote from the thread i used to compile the nbh
    Guys, I wanted to let you all know that this post is now out-dated for NAND, and I'm just waiting for things to finalize a little more before I update it. We officially have no rootfs anymore, and everything is done through init.rc or combined into the system/data store. I'll explain this a little better when I do update the first post.

I also have a huge update to do on the first post of the NAND testing thread as well. This will get first priority, and then I'll head over here and get this one updated as well.

So i won't complile again till the thread is updated
    For more info
    nand thread on ppcgeeks
    :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    tankx!!
    very very very nice work!
    you will make us happy if you make a NAND version of android for our old diamonds!
    I'm waiting for it!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
    is it possible to have some sceenshots?

sceenshots??