[1/28/13][4.4.2] AOSPA 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Re: [ROM][11/11/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 4.1.2 | True HybridMode, Size&UI on PerAppBa

I think he is doing a great job some people just need to learn patience because if he were to release it early with bugs there would be whining too

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Does this mean a possible release of pacman before pa

Yes most likely I will get final setup done this week with all vendor files, local manifests and such being added in so I can build. We shall c.

XDA Moderator

02lssport

Jun 23, 2012
Re: [ROM][11/11/12] PARANOIDANDROID 2.54 4.1.2 | True HybridMode, Size&UI on PerAppBa

Yes most likely I will get final setup done this week with all vendor files, local manifests and such being added in so I can build. We shall c.

XDA Moderator

Take your time some of us appreciate all the hard work you are putting in your doing a great job

bcougarj

Sep 26, 2012
I think he is doing a great job some people just need to learn patience because if he were to release it early with bugs there would be whining too

calm down, tiny dancer, no one is whining. PapaSmurf is a busy bee, that's all.

I'm not stopping anyone at all. I've got both source DL to my build box. PA is not playing nice but pacman is.

How is it not playing nice? Are you having trouble downloading or compiling?

Reactions: amiblindyet

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta

calm down, tiny dancer, no one is whining. PapaSmurf is a busy bee, that's all.

How is it not playing nice? Are you having trouble downloading or compiling?

Issues compiling. I get all the source DL just fine. Somewhere in the vendor files or device files its not reading paths right. Keep getting kernel errors. When I get kernel error fixed I get a dependencies not found. Ive tried it about 30 different ways. I can build cm 10.1 no issues at all. The newest pa has only been supported by nexus products right now so I'm having to add in device support and if I had to guess I'm missing something or not directing a path correct.

XDA Moderator

Reactions: amiblindyet

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Issues compiling. I get all the source DL just fine. Somewhere in the vendor files or device files its not reading paths right. Keep getting kernel errors. When I get kernel error fixed I get a dependencies not found. Ive tried it about 30 different ways. I can build cm 10.1 no issues at all. The newest pa has only been supported by nexus products right now so I'm having to add in device support and if I had to guess I'm missing something or not directing a path correct.

XDA Moderator

Are you getting this:

ld/core/tasks/kernel.mk:82: **********************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:83: * Kernel source found, but no configuration was defined **
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:84: * Please add the TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG variable to your * *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:85: * BoardConfig.mk file * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta

Are you getting this:

ld/core/tasks/kernel.mk:82: **********************************************************
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:83: * Kernel source found, but no configuration was defined **
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:84: * Please add the TARGET_KERNEL_CONFIG variable to your * *
build/core/tasks/kernel.mk:85: * BoardConfig.mk file * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **

Yup that would be the error in question

But if u look in the cm.mk in the device tree the confif is there

XDA Moderator

XxSilent.NightmarexX

Jul 21, 2010
Los Angeles/El Monte

Doesn't pacman include PA in it? Why would that compile but not PA?

I was thinking the same thing. But I think it's because pacman runs on a CM base and i think the new PA is running on a new source.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Lolanerd

Nexus11

Jan 26, 2011

Pacman does (last version) does not come with the Pa app on first flash and has to be moved over

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY

Yup that would be the error in question

But if u look in the cm.mk in the device tree the confif is there

XDA Moderator

Yea I got a lot of errors upon initial sync. Curr 22 stuff and whatnot. Resyncing now and getting new stuff so idk.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta

Yea I got a lot of errors upon initial sync. Curr 22 stuff and whatnot. Resyncing now and getting new stuff so idk.

Looks like none of the sg3 forums have updates yet. I'm gonna reach out to some of the pa guys for some trouble shooting.

XDA Moderator

Notorious

Aug 23, 2011
Sydney
Google Pixel 3 XL
OnePlus 9

Looks like none of the sg3 forums have updates yet. I'm gonna reach out to some of the pa guys for some trouble shooting.

XDA Moderator

On international i9300 they have it working. Might want to ask them also

Reactions: Papa Smurf151

ArmyGurl2011

Apr 14, 2011
Kennesaw
@Jamin

If I knew how to port ROMs I wouldn't have asked I just would have ported it; Hence, The reason I posed the question.

LOL

Last edited:

psousa781

Nov 17, 2011

@Jamin

If I knew how to port ROMs I wouldn't have asked I just would have ported it; Hence, The reason I posed the question.

LOL

I think he was trying to nicely say posting a request like that in the thread of a developer working on the ROM already is kind of rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello_halo.png

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

MAKE A BACKUP
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM
    3. INSTALL GAPPS

DOWNLOADS

PLEASE CLEAN FLASH IF YOUR COMING FROM ANOTHER ROM OR PA 3.15

=>>Main Link

PA Gapps

CHANGELOGS: http://allstardevs.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/ParanoidAndroid/changelogs/

You can find better battery stats here now on my dropbox===> *EXTRAS

KNOWN BUGS:

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

FEATURES for PA 3+

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY

shots_12pk0x.png

ROM REVIEW AND TUTORIAL. (by raakaysh)

http://droidviews.com/2013/paranoidandroid-rom-3-review-tips-and-complete-walkthrough/

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser
    to gokussjx

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

@molesarecoming & @D4rKn3sSyS for this oustanding rom!

The Cyanogenmod Team

@thebz1 for letting me take over development on the Tmobile side!

@wali01x-my partner in crime, he has taught me a lot

@gokussjx for his time and help

@master&Slavefor his time and wisdom

@OGWisdom - Big shoutouts for him bringing this to our device and naming me his successor!
    [/LIST]

BANNERS

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [/SIZE][/FONT]Known issues:
    -Long Press HOME button doesn't start the Recent Apps Menu. (Will be fixed later)
    -Will need to add APN for data
    -To access keyboard you need to drop down the notification bar and select the box to access quick
    settings and in the Keyboard setting turn off the Hardware physical keyboard option.

--Signal only shows one bar
    --soft keys dont light up.---
    --galaxys3settings.pak is there but settings is not showing advance settings.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA:DevDB Information
    [8/01/13][4.2.2] ParanoidAndroid 3.69, a ROM for the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    ayysir
    ROM OS Version: 4.2.x Jelly Bean

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.69

Created 2013-08-01
    Last Updated 2014-01-28
    I have free time this weekend and will be putting up a fresh build of pa u guys. Sorry real life got super busy as well as building a new apk for a client. Expect something very soon and not a port :D

XDA Moderator
    I have actually come across another way to fix the flickering, which sticks after a reboot.
    I haven't done extensive testing on it but initial usage showed no flickering.

You will need: A build.prop editor. I prefer rom toolbox but use whatever you please.

EDIT

debug.composition.type=dyn
    To
    debug.composition.type=gpu

debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=3
    To
    debug.mdpcomp.maxlayer=2

Let me know how that goes for you guys.