[ROM] New ROM by AlekSS based 'HTC Snap'

Search This thread

GIGZ1971

Apr 9, 2009
CLEVELAND
www.gigabyteinc.com
Thanks

I just got my t-mobile dash and I love this website and thanks to AlekSS for this new ROM. I was currently running the 1.7 rose ROM. I am willing to test and will report back any problems that I might have.

Gerfaut

Nov 19, 2008
There is a problem with the SMS Inbox...
The year is not taken in consideration. By exemple the messages sent in December (12) 2008 are showed after the messages sent in April 2009 (04)...

(Sorry for this awful English :p)

GIGZ1971

Apr 9, 2009
CLEVELAND
www.gigabyteinc.com
Hey I have noticed a couple of things after install and a hard reset

1.) the wireless network driver is not loaded thus causing it not to turn on in com manager

2.) did you use the page pool app, because it did increase the amount of memory on the device but the internet moves twice as slow and so does the rest of the apps. is that the drawback to having more memory? Or is it just me

3.) this is minor but you have like 2 or 3 start up images that shows up before you get to the home page

4.) what is the Sim sap setting? what does it do?

5.) It would be nice to have the rest of the chome apps and Opera Mini that are included in the rose 1.7a ROM.

6.) could you please tell me the difference between the new snap ROM and the old one?

7.) oh BTW is the keyboard setup in English or European, i asked that because I was trying to setup my email and the keyboard would not respond correctly. It would give me a different letter than what i wanted

I'm no expert, just pointing out what I see so far. Thanks for the Rom and the hard work you put into.

Last edited:

AlekSS-881980

Mar 23, 2008
My English very bad, I therefore am possible not 100 % have understood your questions. I ask to forgive me in advance.

1.) the wireless network driver is not loaded thus causing it not to turn on in com manager

You need copy wifiinit.lnk from windows dir to startup dir or just run this app.

2.) did you use the page pool app, because it did increase the amount of memory on the device but the internet moves twice as slow and so does the rest of the apps. is that the drawback to having more memory? Or is it just me

No, i didn't use it, but i think PP was changed before me. I can change PP back to 12 Mb.

4.) what is the Sim sap setting? what does it do?

I don't know what does it do. Just i don't del it- its standart app and maybe somebody use it.

5.) It would be nice to have the rest of the chome apps and Opera Mini that are included in the rose 1.7a ROM.

Tell me what add or rem in next versions and i do it. I don't use rose 1.7a or any over ROMs therefore i don't know what apps install there.

6.) could you please tell me the difference between the new snap ROM and the old one?

It is unique Snap ROM for Excalibur. Old versions does not exist.

Last edited:

alfrjw

Oct 21, 2007
et9 operation

Hi there.
First of all thanks for your release, it looks very good.

1)
I have a problem in using et9. When typing , I want to accept the word proposed by pressing the OK key (the key at the center of the arrows).

If I press, the word is accepted but the key sends <Enter>.
You can see writing an SMS:
type "hello", press center key to accept. Cursor goes to next line.

Standard et9 accepts word, but cursor stays near it.

2) can you add "2_Way_Recording.cab" ? it is very small and enables use of Vito AudioNotes

Thanks anyway for your time and work.

AlekSS-881980

Mar 23, 2008
Hi there.
First of all thanks for your release, it looks very good.

1)
I have a problem in using et9. When typing , I want to accept the word proposed by pressing the OK key (the key at the center of the arrows).

If I press, the word is accepted but the key sends <Enter>.
You can see writing an SMS:
type "hello", press center key to accept. Cursor goes to next line.

Standard et9 accepts word, but cursor stays near it.

Choose a word and prolong to type further. The word will be automatically injected.

2) can you add "2_Way_Recording.cab" ? it is very small and enables use of Vito AudioNotes.

PLS, add links to all programs.

Last edited:

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
Choose a word and prolong to type further. The word will be automatically injected.

PLS, add links to all programs.

I think you should keep the program as light and lean as possible, sticking to the "standard" programs (Office, PDF reader, Basehue, CHome Configurator, Resco Explorer, etc.)... That way it those of us who don't use some of these programs won't have a bunch of memory taken up.

l0lcats

Jul 18, 2008
This has to be obvious and I'm not sure why I haven't seen this yet but:

PICS or it didn't happen.

AlekSS-881980

Mar 23, 2008
I think you should keep the program as light and lean as possible, sticking to the "standard" programs (Office, PDF reader, Basehue, CHome Configurator, Resco Explorer, etc.)... That way it those of us who don't use some of these programs won't have a bunch of memory taken up.

I already thought to make the Lite version. Probably in the near future I will make it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same ol same ol hatred towards me and my ROMs. What is it with you guys ?!:mad: There's TWO ROMs in this whole forum! Who cares if we talk about another ROM's existence in here ? Is there some sort of competition going on ?

There is no hatred, the point in question is adverising on someone elses thread, i'm glad there are new ROM's so don't take it personal as my point would have been made to anyone crossing ovet to a new thread to point to there ROM, no mention of competition...........
    If i did have hatred towards you then there would be a reason? i don't as don't give a stuff, nuff said.
    Lets's leave this NRG and back to topic :)