extended batteries?

Search This thread

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I use about 3 dif ones Lol....anker 1800 ( came with wall charger), also a Samsung 1800 ( black, think its for different phone but it fits) and do use a thicker 2500 but its used with an extended back. I'll get u the links if u want but o found on eBay and amazon.

is this the black model you mentioned: http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-1800mAh-Standard-Battery-Galaxy/dp/B005NC86BU

someone said that fits in an Epic 4G so who knows, might work in a fassy, but yeah. i'd rather have something OEM, i don't trust cheap chinese batteries

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Yes its from an Epic. I have never had a problem whatsoever with those "cheap Chinese" batteries . makes the phone thicker but its a good trade off for the life. I just looked on Amazon and surprised how many new ( and bigger) batteries are out now.

eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
Ahh I see.....well, this ole fassy runs pretty dam good , rooted and with PA ROM so I don't see reason to give her up lol

i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)

Reactions: pahlevy

pahlevy

May 1, 2013
Jakarta
eh i just prefer having a samsung battery. and yeah the battery market for this phone is pretty huge because it's older and the chinese are banking off of the fact that
1. this phone is now three years old and OEM batteries are going to ****
2. replacements are extremely cheap to make, especially due to the lower MAh rate of the entire original Galaxy S line

i have once using anker 1800 mah battery... it's last longer than my old oem fassy battery... but problem is i drop it once without the phone and it suddenly unusable while my good ol fassy battery are still working after several drops...

I'm still using my oem fassy battery now since its very difficult to find replacement for it in my country... but its still working good only its last about 8 hours on standby (data on)... :fingers-crossed:

i'm personally content with cm7. anything newer is either too slow or has weird bugs. (ics has weird bugs, JB+ is too slow for me)

im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic... :eek:

Thank you...

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania

That is an idea I have been kicking around. Care to share links and guidance to get me their from here ? ( pa )

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
i use a 3500 mAh from amazon, but its a pain in the @$$ to get fully calibrated, sometimes on kitkat roms i get the battery to last 3 hours screen-on time with 0% and sometimes it goes in negatives lol i got -7% once and founf it it makes the battery icon flash rapidly unless you switch to icon percentage text lol so unless you give it time to calibrate fully, it will be a bit undetermined on what percentage you truly have :p

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
im thinking to use old stable and fast custom rom (or stock). Could you suggest me what is the best custom rom for cm7 or compare with stock rom...? sorry for out of topic... :eek:

Thank you...

i use cm7 stable, which you can download here: http://get.cm/get/2Kh
i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/CM7kernels/Glitch 13.1/CM7Fascinate-Glitch-V13_1-REL.zip

this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch.
and yes this is more stable than stock EH03, which liked to reboot itself often for some reason, and had a laggy UI, but it does a bit better in benchmarks for some reason.

Reactions: pahlevy

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/CM7kernels/Glitch 13.1/CM7Fascinate-Glitch-V13_1-REL.zip

this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch.
and yes this is more stable than stock EH03, which liked to reboot itself often for some reason, and had a laggy UI, but it does a bit better in benchmarks for some reason.

That just takes me to a cyanogen mod installer app. Try it and says device not supported. Hmmmm....I'll look into further. BTW, which version of cm7 ? Thanks

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
That just takes me to a cyanogen mod installer app. Try it and says device not supported. Hmmmm....I'll look into further. BTW, which version of cm7 ? Thanks

if you're using that link on your phone, that might be the problem. link works for me on my laptop.

i use cm7.2 stable.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
[quote name="skepticmisfit" post=51754518]i use cm7 stable, which you can download here: http://get.cm/get/2Kh<br />
i also use the Glitch kernel, which you can download here: http://androtransfer.com/tk-glitch/CM7kernels/Glitch 13.1/CM7Fascinate-Glitch-V13_1-REL.zip<br />
<br />
this is the most stable setup i have ever used, and the UI is the smoothest i have ever seen. doesn't necessarily do so well in benchmarks but i can play most modern games without a hitch. <br />
<br />
<br />
That just takes me to a cyanogen mod installer app. Try it and says device not supported. Hmmmm....I'll look into further. BTW, which version of cm7 ? Thanks<br />
<br />
Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app[/QUOTE]
Thanks.....I found a stable 7.2.... Am I going to have to Odin back to stock first is my next question, I'll do some digging.

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania
<br />
<br />
That just takes me to a cyanogen mod installer app. Try it and says device not supported. Hmmmm....I'll look into further. BTW, which version of cm7 ? Thanks<br />
<br />
Thanks.....I found a stable 7.2.... Am I going to have to Odin back to stock first is my next question, I'll do some digging.

PA 3.10.....4.2.2

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

PA 3.10......4.2.2

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013

i don't think you need to odin back to EH03. just odin cwm4 fixed for cm7 and then flash cm7 like you would any other ROM

Last edited:

icemanwbs

Aug 25, 2011
Pennsylvania

PA 3.10.....4.2.2

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

PA 3.10......4.2.2

So far so good. Took a while for stuff to settle in but I like. Now I'm going to flash the kernel you recommended.

pahlevy

May 1, 2013
Jakarta
So far so good. Took a while for stuff to settle in but I like. Now I'm going to flash the kernel you recommended.

yeah dude glitch is pretty amazing imo

did you guys both having issues with data...? mine was not working at all though 3G symbol was there... I did try airplane trick but still not working,,, so i just head to original stock eh03 rom... btw did you know app / bloatware that cant be remove on stock rom...?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    did you guys both having issues with data...? mine was not working at all though 3G symbol was there... I did try airplane trick but still not working,,, so i just head to original stock eh03 rom... btw did you know app / bloatware that cant be remove on stock rom...?

hey see my previous post about data drops.

yeah.. eh03 has bloatware. why do you think people resort to rooting?

Thank you...

I'm also having strange data drops. Thought maybe was from so many apps/Widgets I have. Not sure. Instead of the airplane trick, try shutting g off data, then turn it back on. Seams to work for me. I hope this rom smooths out though.it is supposed to be stable so idk.

yeah data drops do happen. it's been an issue for a while. however, the problem isn't as big of a deal if you set "Keep wifi on during sleep" (settings/wifi/menu button/advanced) to always
    usually for me toggling wifi can fix drops. whenever i reboot the phone for whatever reason with wifi on it likes to not connect to the internet, and turning off wifi and waiting for 3G to connect then re-enabling wifi fixes it
    Yep same here dude. I like the looks and all but I'm afraid I'm going to do the same. Funny, I was thinking of milestone 6 today at work! Lol. Agree that this is becoming a ghost town. Too bad.
    I'm sure I have that file someplace. Just curious about kernel you may recommended with 6.

built-in Glitch is fine for me. depends which m6 file you have. if you have a Devil m6 build (which also has linaro toolchain) then you may want to update to a newer version of devil kernel. but since my phone did not like that build, i use the old official milestone 6 which included IcyGlitch and the normal toolchain. i seemed to have trouble when using a newer Skunkworks Glitch build (well it was slightly slower for me, idk it might have been placebo :p) but it did fix native wifi tethering.
    wifi tethering isn't as much of an issue for me since my data plan got downgraded from 4GB to 2GB shared with two other people. we don't use data much anyway so yeah. save money.