FRF85B OTA on its way

Search This thread

nexusdue

Jun 16, 2010
Does doing the manual update wipe the phone or does it retain all settings and installed apps?

Cabarnacus

Mar 17, 2008
Aberdeen
I'm on stock frf83 with stock recovery.

Tried checkin through mobile network and wifi and not finding any update.

All updates iv done manually so far and id just like to see it happen automatically just so i know it can.

Are the update servers only receiving update request from US ip addresses or something? Someone already said he got the update in Germany no problem.

I'm in UK on Vodafone with a Retail Nexus from Google, not the one given out by Vodafone.

vomer

Nov 21, 2008

All updates iv done manually so far and id just like to see it happen automatically just so i know it can.

Are the update servers only receiving update request from US ip addresses or something? Someone already said he got the update in Germany no problem.

I'm in UK on Vodafone with a Retail Nexus from Google, not the one given out by Vodafone.

I believe the update is sent in waves to nexus owners?

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net

I'm in the exact sane boat as you and I'm in the u.s. plus, I got my phone early... oh well, ill stick w/ 83 for now.

jimbob_me

Mar 4, 2010
Cardiff
Righto i just tried flashing this .zip and got an 'installation aborted' notice, im guessing this is because im not running stock recovery (im on nexus RA 1.6.2).

Im on FRF83 currently.

Surely wont be long untill someone sorts this so it can work with non stock recoverys?

tb1820

Jun 25, 2010
Anyone else having trouble with swype? I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and rebooted in between. It is checking under language and keyboard but its the stock keyboard when I go to messages...

vomer

Nov 21, 2008
I'll just invest in a comfy seat then. I'm used to it, Us Brits always have to wait that little bit longer for everything.

Not to mention we only have one flavour of 7UP and we've only just got cherry/passion tic tac's. It's like living in the dark ages.

lmao that could be a good thing. Less motivation for diabetes :p

chrisarchila

Aug 31, 2009
So does this mean that if I'm running cm 5.8 , I will get the ota update (just wondering)?
Any thought?

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Archon810

Feb 19, 2010
Oakland
Here's what I am trying to understand, considering I don't have an N1.

Is the EPE54B an update for both N1 on AT&T and T-Mo or just AT&T or just T-Mo

Can someone please list the versions of each software along with Android versions, and state if each belongs to AT&T or T-Mo?

Thanks!

torchedlh

Feb 21, 2010
Why wouldn't the 507kb update flash using a custom recovery? I thought custom recoveries could flash anything..

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
Here's what I am trying to understand, considering I don't have an N1.

Is the EPE54B an update for both N1 on AT&T and T-Mo or just AT&T or just T-Mo

Can someone please list the versions of each software along with Android versions, and state if each belongs to AT&T or T-Mo?

Thanks!
Anything later than EPE54B should work on both the T-Mobile and AT&T version as far as I know. Anything before that is T-Mobile only.

Why wouldn't the 507kb update flash using a custom recovery? I thought custom recoveries could flash anything..
No, custom recoveries flash updates signed with the test-keys instead of the release-keys.