Votes: 161 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Captainkrtek

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 16, 2010
Seattle
As Windows Phone 7 was launched today we wanted to put up a poll based on general perception of the device. If you could buy one today, money not being an issue, would you? We want to see whether Windows phone 7 has been received well by the community.
Cheers,
Steve & XDA News Staff

Cruzer1

Jun 23, 2009
Sydney
Wow first one to vote, maybe im just abit excited lol.
Omnia 7 is at the top of my list atm. GSMARENA has a good review of the device already (no idea how they got hold of it)

theomni

Oct 19, 2008
Im gonna hang on to my current device and by a WP7 phone when they start coming out with a second line of phones.

Casey_boy

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 2, 2010
Like a lot of people here, I have a HTC HD2 and am running WM6.5 and Android 2.2 on it. So, for me, I'll consider a WP7 device once my HD2 either dies (let's pray it never happens) or maybe in 6-12months when it's time for an upgrade.

Giblet-dono

Mar 24, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus Nord
Our beloved HD2s can run any OS so why switch to WP7 when the HD2 already runs it (Not public yet!)
The hardware in most (currently presented) WP7 devices is as good as our HD2's
So.. maybe I will buy one if the hardware is superior to the HD2's!!!

Sure, why not. Every HTC phone that I have had was Windows. Why would I give up now? I have played with the HTC EVO running Android, and I do not like it. I prefer Windows. That is my own personal opinion and choice from experience, and somewhat from what I have spoken with other people who have Android phones from different manufactures, which I have personaly tried and played with for a while with each and every one of them.

I just prefer Windows over anything else.

davidgk

Dec 10, 2009
maybe and unsure is about the same.

im hoping it can be ported to the hd2. that'll save me some money :)

HD2_addict

Feb 21, 2010
Not at this time. I love the interface. I just don't like the rest of the story. The system just locks you in. Perhaps if could be jailbroken, that would change things.

Grimeh

Sep 17, 2010
Sussex
Well I got the HTC Desire on Android 2.2 and thus far I don't see anything I prefer in the Win 7 phones that would make me switch. If anything it has less functionality at present with no cut & paste, no tethering and no SD card. I do like some of the features though but will wait and see how they develop this, so for now it's a no.

kresky

Oct 8, 2010
I think Microsoft has missed a trick with the launch of WP7, by basing the OS entirely for phone devices. As with Android it can be used not only on phones but tablets as well and judging by how the community response to the Sammy Tab is high with enthusiasm i think MS should have looked further forward than just Windows 'Phone' 7 and evolved further ahead with appying its new OS to tablets as well, even if not making it available now but atleast showing a mock up to show its potential of being more than just a phone OS.

alexhope21

Jul 18, 2010
Well I got the HTC Desire on Android 2.2 and thus far I don't see anything I prefer in the Win 7 phones that would make me switch. If anything it has less functionality at present with no cut & paste, no tethering and no SD card. I do like some of the features though but will wait and see how they develop this, so for now it's a no.

What?!? no cut & paste and no sd cards? where can I read up on WP7 features?

ohiojoe

Jun 2, 2008
Also long time and big time WinMo fan, but I got the EVO and after rooting it, nothing can come close. Win7 simply went the way of iPhone, by locking everything down, so even if it weren't for the rooted EVO being so damned awesome and far above every other phone out there, I wouldn't get a Win7 phone out of iPhone-hatin' spite.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App