Kind of a newb here

Search This thread

Nevermoar

Jan 13, 2014
So, I managed to pick up a Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB from NCIX on a boxing day sale for $129.99 which i thought was an absolute steal. I bought the 2012 version because, well, I don't planet on running "hardcore" games and whatnot. Just things like GTA and stuff. However, I'm always out for a little extra performance. I was told that there are kernels out there, and roms etc that can make this thing a pretty decent amount faster, as well as the ability to overclock it.

I'm not an android newb per say, I have a galaxy s3 which is thoroughly customized via CM10 and whatnot. I am however a Nexus newb:p I don't know the nexus 7 scene at all.

So, basically, I want my device to be as fast as possible whether that be from a custom kernel and rom or whatever, and to know how to overclock it.

kilometers4

Mar 6, 2012
So, I managed to pick up a Nexus 7 (2012) 32GB from NCIX on a boxing day sale for $129.99 which i thought was an absolute steal. I bought the 2012 version because, well, I don't planet on running "hardcore" games and whatnot. Just things like GTA and stuff. However, I'm always out for a little extra performance. I was told that there are kernels out there, and roms etc that can make this thing a pretty decent amount faster, as well as the ability to overclock it.

I'm not an android newb per say, I have a galaxy s3 which is thoroughly customized via CM10 and whatnot. I am however a Nexus newb:p I don't know the nexus 7 scene at all.

So, basically, I want my device to be as fast as possible whether that be from a custom kernel and rom or whatever, and to know how to overclock it.

I would recommend learning adb and fastboot. They will help you flash and root your device. Also, I would stay away from toolkits.

There are good tutorials on this in this section :)