paranoid android pie for all note 2 touchwiz roms

Search This thread

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
How do you assign the phone as an app shortcut? Doesn't wanna work for me on Jedi 10 and Nova Prime

Not sure. Just tried myself and didn't work for me either. Maybe try asking in the original lmt thread I linked to. Like I said I'm not the dev I just found it amd wanted to share.

sent via note 2 in boss mode @ quad core 2 ghz

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
How do you assign the phone as an app shortcut? Doesn't wanna work for me on Jedi 10 and Nova Prime

I read through that thread yesterday and there's a work around for it from what I remember. Try picking an activity instead of the actual phone app and look for the dialer or contact activity. It does the same exact thing as picking the phone app, and since picking the phone app doesn't work this is the work around for it. Hope this helps. :D

Sent from the bag phone in my Pontiac Fierro

Reactions: tgamble160

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
Figured it out, somewhat. Use the contacts app and just tap the dialer tab before exiting. The next time you start it it will be in the dialer. It's a shame you can't modify the app name in the pie or all the app icons matched. Other than that it's pretty sweet.

Worked like a charm. Thanks

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
Figured it out, somewhat. Use the contacts app and just tap the dialer tab before exiting. The next time you start it it will be in the dialer. It's a shame you can't modify the app name in the pie or all the app icons matched. Other than that it's pretty sweet.

I could be wrong but I think that's only if you have 'use last action' on next start (I believe that's the default though) selected in the contact app's settings. You can change it to always open to the dialer tab and then your set :D
That's a good point though for the people who are having problems with the phone app (mine works fine luckily :D) because that way at least you can have the contact icon unlike the when you use the work around. I definitely agree with you though it just needs a few more tweaks allowing for a little more customization, and then it will be the mother of all freakin apps. Lol

Last edited:

ReelFiles

Jan 29, 2012
Wrong Island
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I could be wrong but I think that's only if you have 'use last action' on next start (I believe that's the default though) selected in the contact app's settings. You can change it to always open to the dialer tab and then your set :D ....

I don't see an option to set the default opening tab anywhere in Jedi 10, maybe I am missing something.

Reactions: jeep447

jeep447

May 24, 2009
St. Louis
I don't see an option to set the default opening tab anywhere in Jedi 10, maybe I am missing something.

Ok i just looked at my contacts app too and I'm not seeing it there either so I was probably thinking about one of the cm9 or cm10 roms I had before, so my bad. I can suggest one you can get though that does have that option, and it's up to your personal preferences but I use it and I think it's a pretty good one especially for free. It's basically a free dialer app on Google Play called TouchPal Contacts, and it let's you pick the default tab upon opening as well. If you do try it, the app is called TouchPal Contacts but once it's installed it will also give you an icon called TouchPal Dialer with a pic of a phone (kind of similar to the phone apps icon). You can use that dialer icon for specifically pulling up the dialer portion of TouchPal Contacts (same concept as android contacts and dialer) for the best possible work around imo. Just throwing it out there. Hope it helps :D

Reactions: ReelFiles

tomasitoc

Aug 21, 2008
California
---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

If u grab the original file from lmt pie, it works with note 2, Make sure pick option 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was able to install it. But I am confused how to make the pie control work. There are gestures, ISASand pie settings. I am not able to make the pie come out, like I see in the video of paranoid android pie control video

tgamble160

Jan 19, 2012
Tarentum
---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

If u grab the original file from lmt pie, it works with note 2, Make sure pick option 2.

Thanks, I was able to install it. But I am confused how to make the pie control work. There are gestures, ISASand pie settings. I am not able to make the pie come out, like I see in the video of paranoid android pie control video[/QUOTE]

After setting your pie shortcuts. Then click on the settings and click on start/stop touch services.

XCrazedxPyroX

Mar 2, 2013
Cincinnati
I've been using this on my note 2 for a while.. Very nice. Anybody know how I'd program one of the buttons to pull out my multi Window tray instead of holding back button? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i take no credit for this. i found it for my nexus 7 and decided to try it out on my note 2, and it works perfectly. it is lmt launcher which is the same as paranoid androids pie feature. here is the link to the thread be sure to thank the original dev as i said i am only sharing what i found. i am in no way a developer and take no credit for this app. Be sure to thank the actual dev for this awesome app.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1330150
    Here is a clearer shot

On the 2nd post 2nd pic is that a theme? It looks nice.

Sent From Land Of Ooo. Using a Jedi Mastered Note 2.

Ok i just looked at my contacts app too and I'm not seeing it there either so I was probably thinking about one of the cm9 or cm10 roms I had before, so my bad. I can suggest one you can get though that does have that option, and it's up to your personal preferences but I use it and I think it's a pretty good one especially for free. It's basically a free dialer app on Google Play called TouchPal Contacts, and it let's you pick the default tab upon opening as well. If you do try it, the app is called TouchPal Contacts but once it's installed it will also give you an icon called TouchPal Dialer with a pic of a phone (kind of similar to the phone apps icon). You can use that dialer icon for specifically pulling up the dialer portion of TouchPal Contacts (same concept as android contacts and dialer) for the best possible work around imo. Just throwing it out there. Hope it helps :D