Samsung is taking back samsung galaxy R

Search This thread

reymysterio7

Mar 20, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
My touchscreen was giving some issues and stopped responding altogether in a particular region, so i went in to the service center and my Galaxy R was repaired in about 30 mins. The whole LCD unit was changed.
And no such problems (reboots, hanging of phone) have been faced by me! I am on stock Indian firmware 2.3.5 (Latest here) and i have only rooted it, no custom kernel for me.

You are way too lucky dude. I have been having these random reboots for 10 days now. I have tried EVERYTHING on my part to try and rectify it. Now I've given up. Must be a hardware problem only. It shutsdown whenever there is low signal or fluctuation in signal. :confused:

I'm going to take it to service center and from what i heard Galaxy R is discontinued so they will not have spare parts mostly and I will not get replacement. Only refund.

Sucks man, I loved my phone while i used it for 2 months - It was awesome. Tried different ROM's Kernels Firmwares everything. And then this problem comes up. Now its all gonna go back to Samsung. :(:(:( Adios Galaxy R.......:rolleyes::(

gearbox87x

Sep 14, 2011
Kollam
About my Phone

My Galaxy R had some problems like black screen, Phone mic/speaker got dead while attending call......
so i updated to 2.3.6 Taiwan... now its works like charm.... no problem yet.. so my conclusion is INDIAN firmware 2.3.4 is ultra buggy.....

panu123

Apr 10, 2012
India
When I purchased Galaxy R, I got 2.3.5 OS but it still have same problem of random restarts. Not sure if all the people who updated from India stock ROM to Taiwan stock ROM are happy.

Cloudus91

Nov 28, 2011
Naples
Hi guys.

I'm owner of the Motorola Atrix and I'm sure that this is a Tegra's 2 problem.

Simply because LG Optimus 2x,Atrix4G and Galaxy R have the same problems.

ofabhishek

May 2, 2011
BGP
bought my Galaxy R back in December... till date no single issue faced
just before few days i rooted it....as earlier its working flawlessly

Prankey

Jun 24, 2008
infcloud.in
Did you get a refund and how much that compared to bill receipt?

Dude, you will get full refund if you go for it due to VALID reason. There is no question of any deduction and its written on the warranty card you have got and probably forgotten about!

When I purchased Galaxy R, I got 2.3.5 OS but it still have same problem of random restarts. Not sure if all the people who updated from India stock ROM to Taiwan stock ROM are happy.

And why do you think so? I believe we all are happy. Indian ROM is UNUSABLE and that is the reason Samsung is so forthcoming to recall the phones and refund instead of simply porting Taiwan 2.3.6 ROM and save from this disgrace. Tells well how these folks at Samsung India eating fat salaries instead of doing their homework!

Last edited:

panu123

Apr 10, 2012
India
Prankey,
I too got restart issue. Gave it to service center and they are going to replace some part. Waiting few more days as they are calling that part from some other location and will fix and give back me my phone.

Just want to know what people have to say on Taiwan ROM. If updating to different ROM solves the issue then customer care should do that officially or provide new update from Taiwan ROM instead to go for some h/w part change.

reymysterio7

Mar 20, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
If your phone has power issues, then in all probability it is a hardware issue. Nothing to do with Tegra chipset, in the service center - I have seen users with S2 and Note having the same problem. Its due to a short circuit caused by some faulty components.. Nothing to do with ROMs. Although I agree that Indian ROM has a few software bugs.

vipul12389mehta

Feb 27, 2012
Mumbai
Can Some one explain that, Random Shutdown is a software bug or Hardware Fault.
Because,

People say here that, shifting to Taiwan Rom solves the issue. which means its a software issue.

People have given the phone to SSC, and replaced motherboard which resolved the issue. which it means its a hardware fault.
I personally had the issue and gt it repaired by SSC.(By Motherboard Replacement) and till date i don't have any issue.

So can anyone narrow the root cause as a software or a hardware bug....????:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

great_manish

Jul 2, 2011
Guys, i have rooted my phone and installed cwm recovery. still using the stock indian rom.
what all do i need to do before taking my phone to the service center ?

FeralFire

Jan 18, 2012
Reflash stock firmware via ODIN, it will remove all traced of just about anything you have done to your phone (except for your download counter, which shouldn't be an issue in your case as you are on stock ROM only).

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Guys, i have rooted my phone and installed cwm recovery. still using the stock indian rom.
what all do i need to do before taking my phone to the service center ?

Check this things before giving ur phone is service.

1. Make sure u have official stock rom with stock kernel (in case u have rooted ur phone simply flash the official rom package. U can use checkfus to download stock packages)

2. Your download counter must be 0. To check enter download mode and see custom binary count.
U can use usb jig to reset download counter

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402286

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrigank

Apr 8, 2012
gurgaon
where to get stock rom and kernel

hello,
i rooted my device and i tried some stupid custom roms lately...
i even changed my kernel to a chiness kernel... now i want to get my kernel back to stock kernel and stock rom so that i can take my phone back to customer care..
please help
thank you

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Reactions: mrigank

DeceptiPrime

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
Guys please tell me one thing can i give this device to samsung and will sammy give me full refund is this possible ?? Because if this possible then im gonna get gs3 soon ;-)

DeceptiPrime

Feb 25, 2012
Delhi
No you will not get the refund because still spare parts are available in market.

ok they are not refunding. Is there any garentee that they will fix it ?
im getting these problems in my cell

when a call come i am unable to accept it because touch screen wont work i have to set it at home button

sometimes sound issue(earphone plug out sound wont come through headset speaker) but i get it fix by myself :p

major problem battery, it drain without using it happen once in week.( i charged it at night and in morning my phone was dead because of battery drain automatically)

but one thing i didn't face that black screen problem so far im using this set from January its almost 6 months

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That was quick! But then, correct me if I am wrong the warranty if for 6 months?
    And I am not sure if we are going to be updated it with ICS in 2 months.

As far as I understand the warranty on the battery and accessories is for 6 months,the handset itself is secure for 1 year.So no worries there.And the ICS update is expected within the next 1.5 months.
    The point is if the bugs are to such an extent that they are really hampering your everyday usage then you should get it replaced soon. In my case I need to restart my phone probably once a day and it really doesnt affect me that much
    hello,
    i rooted my device and i tried some stupid custom roms lately...
    i even changed my kernel to a chiness kernel... now i want to get my kernel back to stock kernel and stock rom so that i can take my phone back to customer care..
    please help
    thank you

use the below link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420596

or you can download using checkfus.
    Guys please tell me one thing can i give this device to samsung and will sammy give me full refund is this possible ?? Because if this possible then im gonna get gs3 soon ;-)

No you will not get the refund because still spare parts are available in market.
    ok they are not refunding. Is there any garentee that they will fix it ?
    im getting these problems in my cell

when a call come i am unable to accept it because touch screen wont work i have to set it at home button

sometimes sound issue(earphone plug out sound wont come through headset speaker) but i get it fix by myself :p

major problem battery, it drain without using it happen once in week.( i charged it at night and in morning my phone was dead because of battery drain automatically)

but one thing i didn't face that black screen problem so far im using this set from January its almost 6 months

Don't worry you can get rid of these problems by flashing ZSLE6 ROM because i am using it and i have never faced these problems...

If you don't want to install it take it to Samsung Service Center they will re install the stock ROM and check it, if you still face these problems they will replace the motherboard..
    Is that android 4 rom ?? For galaxy R is it any good ?

No, Android 4.0 has not been released yet but it's expected to release in the last week of this month & the one in the above post is Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread ROM.

Hope this helps. :)