Did Method 1 work for you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dd98

May 19, 2013

HTC Driver Install Instructions

Go to Desktop, press Windows key + R, type in "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" and click OK.
Now click on Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options then Start Up Settings.
Now click Restart. Let the PC restart and press either the number 7 or F7.
Download this and install it.
Wait for it to finish and then reboot and enjoy
Make sure you plug your phone into a USB 3.0 port EVERY Time when using Fastboot

Last edited:

dd98

May 19, 2013

If you have any problems with your USB 3.0 port afterwards and want to return it to original driver, follow these steps to return to your original driver

Press Windows key + R, type in "devmgmt.msc" and click OK.
Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
The USB 3.0 port is listed as "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller", double-click on it and select the Driver tab, click "Roll back driver" and select Yes.
Restart your computer

Last edited:
Reactions: alfredino85

blacksantron

May 27, 2012
Today I present to you a fix for fastboot on Windows 8.1 x64 on Intel and AMD machines with USB 3.0. This will NOT work on USB 2.0. This should work if you follow instructions exactly. I am not responsible if anything goes wrong and/or breaks. The Intel fix is NOT mine I'm just posting it here for convenience (Original Intel tutorial here)

All credits for the Intel solution go to the people here

Please hit the thanks button if it helped​

im getting an error when extracting the amd fix zip :(

blacksantron

May 27, 2012

i truly appreciate you taking the time to do that for me.. truly!

however, since going to dualboot linux ive solved all those problems... have new ones now though

No radio, no firmware it seems... have a rom that boots but no way to connect..
Achieved S-OFF trying to fix it but no... nothing works... should i be using a sense rom?

thanks again!

Reactions: dd98

dd98

May 19, 2013
you shouldnt need a sense rom, why dont you download amd fix.zip in ubuntu, extract it and move the files to your windows partition and then try to fix your usb then try running an ruu

try to fix adb on linux try this

1. Open terminal
2. type this: sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules and hit enter
3. considering your phone is htc type in the following on the text editor window: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

4. save the file and restart your computer

or if this didnt work try this: http://androidonlinux.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/setting-up-adb-on-linux/

Last edited:

wellsheit

Feb 2, 2014
Morning gents,
Got my ONE yesterday and obviously trying to unlock when I hit this roadblock. I tried the intel fix above earlier this morning and last night. I was able to get the intel drivers to take, but lost all of my usb ports in the process and had to roll back. As soon as I accept the first intel driver for the eXtensible controller, all peripherals are dead. Am I missing the obvious here??

I've spent more time trying to get my old pc (with Win 7) up and going than trying to fight 8.1 into submission. Naturally the HDD on that unit is dead now. CURSES!

What is the forecast for a solution on this? Is it a windows update or just waiting for an HTC driver update?

Thanks for any guidance.

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Microsoft knows about this, but doesn't seem willing to provide a general fix. Ultimately the problem is that Microsoft added an extra validation to device registration that HTC devices don't seem to honor. They're releasing an update to fix particular devices, but we don't yet know if end users will be able to edit the white list.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog...8-0-but-fail-on-windows-8-1-with-code-43.aspx

Sent from my One S using xda app-developers app

searchworlds

Sep 8, 2012
I have windows 8 32 bit. I would like to know if i will have problem when i will update windows to 8.1 32 bit. My computer have only usb2.0 ports
The problem exist only with usb3.0 port or i wil have it also with 2.0?

thanks

ardax

Jul 22, 2010
Google Pixel 7 Pro
The problem exists with USB 2.0 ports as well. The reason that the "fix" posted works for USB 3.0 ports is because it uses Intel's USB 3.0 drivers for Windows 8 to work around the problem. There's also "fixes" floating around that involve rolling back to Microsoft's Windows 8 USB drivers to make it work.

If you don't have another PC that you can use to do things in fastboot, stick with Windows 8 until a proper fix is available.

Reactions: searchworlds

dd98

May 19, 2013
are you sure you read the note at the start and followed the instructions EXACTLY

Aug 8, 2010
are you sure you read the note at the start and followed the instructions EXACTLY

The only thing I did any differently was to download the files before the reboot. I can't imagine that makes a difference but please correct me if I'm wrong. I validated all aspects of the initial note, still no luck. Again, I'm trying the AMD fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do not use these instructions anymore, Microsoft FINALLY fixed it, look here

HTC Driver Install Instructions

Go to Desktop, press Windows key + R, type in "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00" and click OK.
    Now click on Troubleshoot, then click Advanced Options then Start Up Settings.
    Now click Restart. Let the PC restart and press either the number 7 or F7.
    Download this and install it.
    Wait for it to finish and then reboot and enjoy
    Make sure you plug your phone into a USB 3.0 port EVERY Time when using Fastboot
    you shouldnt need a sense rom, why dont you download amd fix.zip in ubuntu, extract it and move the files to your windows partition and then try to fix your usb then try running an ruu

try to fix adb on linux try this

1. Open terminal
    2. type this: sudo gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules and hit enter
    3. considering your phone is htc type in the following on the text editor window: SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"

4. save the file and restart your computer

or if this didnt work try this: http://androidonlinux.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/setting-up-adb-on-linux/

If you have any problems with your USB 3.0 port afterwards and want to return it to original driver, follow these steps to return to your original driver

Press Windows key + R, type in "devmgmt.msc" and click OK.
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
    The USB 3.0 port is listed as "AMD USB 3.0 Host Controller", double-click on it and select the Driver tab, click "Roll back driver" and select Yes.
    Restart your computer
    Good news! It seems that MS is planning on adding a registry setting to fix this in the Aug 2014 update. Source