Help! Flashed paranoid android 4.6 beta 5 and my note is messed up

Search This thread

miwashi

Feb 16, 2012
These are the problems. I did a clean flash and cleared the cache partition, and did a factory reset.

1. No notifications appear at all. Even when I have incoming mail and so on, no new notifications appear in the main bar. I only know things are happening when I check individual apps.

2. I have no settings tiles at all in the pull down quick settings. How do I add to this?

3. The default browser cannot be used. When I click on the icon, it opens to a blank screen and closes within half a second. It never stays open.

4. I can't boot into recovery at all. I've installed clockworkmod via Rom manager, but I cannot boot into it, nor can I use the volume up+home+power combo to reach it.

5. The home button doesn't respond at all.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

tysonraylee

Mar 15, 2012
Gotham
1) take titanium backup of the apps
2) copy internal SD data to PC
3) download KK kernel depending on what recovery you want i.e bauner kernel for cm/kitkat for cwm recovery and raw kernel for twrp.
4) download Odin format kernel (.tar) from bauners kernel thread (its the kernel for touchwiz jb) and keep it on PC.
3) download a different ROM and transfer with the desired kernel to SD card and external SD.
[ we are transferring it to both SD cards in case you are not able to boot to recovery and may have to flash a whole ROM to get it back ]
8) power off and put in download mode by pressing power+home+volume down
9) connect to computer and open Odin and select the tar file i.e the bauner jb kernel in PDA and flash, it will show kernel and successful.
10) once you see the galaxy note logo with yellow triangle remove the battery and don't let the device boot into ROM.
11) put the battery back and boot the device into recovery by power+home+ volume up. if it doesn't boot into recovery then try again.
12) once you are in recovery flash the KK kernel.
13) do factory data reset, wipe cache, dalvik cache and format system.
14) flash a ROM other than PA and gapps if required.
15) reboot :)
16) use triangle away app to get rid of the flash counter and triangle
these are the steps I followed and was able to successfully flash ROM without losing any data.
follow only if you know what you are doing. I am not responsible if you lose data or mess up your device.

Hope it helps

thank you very much ;)

REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING

Last edited:
Reactions: kazuna69

windatnight

Nov 23, 2014
Semarang, Central Java
:confused:
3) download KK kernel depending on what recovery you want i.e bauner kernel for cm/kitkat for cwm recovery and raw kernel for twrp.
4) download Odin format kernel (.tar) from bauners kernel thread (its the kernel for touchwiz jb) and keep it on PC.
3) download a different ROM and transfer with the desired kernel to SD card and external SD.
[ we are transferring it to both SD cards in case you are not able to boot to recovery and may have to flash a whole ROM to get it back ]
9) connect to computer and open Odin and select the tar file i.e the bauner jb kernel in PDA and flash, it will show kernel and successful.
10) once you see the galaxy note logo with yellow triangle remove the battery and don't let the device boot into ROM.
11) put the battery back and boot the device into recovery by power+home+ volume up. if it doesn't boot into recovery then try again.
these are the steps I followed and was able to successfully flash ROM without losing any data.
follow only if you know what you are doing. I am not responsible if you lose data or mess up your device.

Hope it helps

thank you very much ;)

can i use this method too if i had problem with storage can't detected after flashing KK ROM??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope it helps

thank you very much ;)