[Q] Dual sim card adaptor?

Search This thread

ayewhy

Jul 21, 2010
xperiaminipro.blogspot.com
I have seen a few dual sim card adaptors that sellers are claiming work with the Mini Pro. Has anybody tried them or have any thoughts/advice regarding them?

I don't expect they will be dual standby (both working simultaneously) but I am still interested to do this rather than carrying 2 phones around.

Link 1
Link 2

NerdBigHead

Sep 5, 2010
If it worked it would be great. Does anyone know if it works? Maybe booth could work together with some app... I don't know, when it comes to Cellphones I'm a total Noob..

Waiting answers..

mariorenato

Sep 3, 2007
I have a double sim (one sim with 2 number) from vodafone, wich is basicaly the same as a dual sim adapter.

It works as it should.. the only bugger is that every time you change the active sim, it forces you to re.login to your google account.

mariorenato

Sep 3, 2007
The double sim is a product from vodafone.. About 15euro once for it. You give them your numbers and in 1- 2 days you get the new card.

To change betwen numbers you have several options. Either the sim menu and select the numer you want.. Boot the phone and and use he pin you want.(each number has a pin) or dial 0 or 00 to reboot the sim. The phone asks for the pin

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
Anyone using these adaptors? I need to order one for my phone.

I have a Vodafone and an O2 sim using an Xperia Mini Pro and want to have both in it at the same time.

Just want to know if it will work on an Xperia Mini Pro which might not be the same as the X10 Mini Pro for compatibility or whatever. Never done this before.

Last edited:

liamhammond

Dec 7, 2011
Check out www.magic-sim.com I got one for my Samsung galaxy s2 from them and it's a great little device. There's a compatibility checking function on the website so you could check the mini pro there.

skirhir

Feb 7, 2012
I used it, 3 years ago... You only require a phone with a "sim menu", (the one with your carrier options... And a case big enough to be able to close it with this sim that is a little bit thicker.

The one I tested made disappear your carrier "sim menu", and replaced it with a custom menu that allowed to change the sim... Even allowed to schedule the changes...

The bad thing is the time it takes to obtain signal after making the change ( the same time it takes when you turn on the phone), and that you have to cut your SIMs to be able to insert them...

Now I sow one that did'n require to cut the Sim, but I think that's too big for lots of phones.

liamhammond

Dec 7, 2011
The one I have from magic-sim fits really well. Sim switching takes about 4 seconds. It sounds like the technology has improved a lot since you used it.

skirhir

Feb 7, 2012
how it connects, in layers?
I've seen 3 presentations...

One next to the other, In layers, And in standard sim size, (croping your two sim cards and inserting them inside the other)...
Depending on your device It can or not fit the phone case.

so, this adaptor don't make the phone work with the two sim at the same time?
No. For that purchase a chinese or a black berry with 2 3 or 4 sims.
Is there any android with such a feature? It would make grate "spy phones"