Rooting, KNOX, Safestrap, Kingo, and RLDV

Search This thread

Naturesretard

Nov 4, 2011
Chino
So i've been doing some research and RLDV clearly can achieve root without tripping the flag. But it seems too messy for me and I really dont want to be assed to download so many things. I hear about Kingo and was curious if this was useable to achieve root as well and not trip the knox flag?

Furthermore, I read somewhere that it's actually possible to flash SafeStrap and not trip knox flag? anybody have more information on this?

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I just used Kingo, one program to download, it probably downloads extra files automatically (it's multi device) and I have root, pretty much painless. I'm assuming Knox flag is not tripped, but I'm too lazy to look for info how to check, since it would be too late now to do anything anyhow. Surprisingly it did not work with my older back up phone GS3, updated to 4.3, Knox included. Kingo will also unroot your phone as well with one click. Can't help with Safestrap, as I just wanted to remove region lock and kill some bloatware.

Reactions: Naturesretard

keithrich1990

Aug 15, 2010
From my understanding it is not the root that trips knox counter it is when you put a custom recovery on

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Naturesretard

homegeek

Nov 17, 2007
This was a thread on the Kingo method on I believe the Note 3 general board that got closed by the mods because they wanted to look into the software more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    kingo will NOT trip Knox. and it's painless to do. download app on the pc, connect your device, click a couple times, instant root. nothing else changes
    I just used Kingo, one program to download, it probably downloads extra files automatically (it's multi device) and I have root, pretty much painless. I'm assuming Knox flag is not tripped, but I'm too lazy to look for info how to check, since it would be too late now to do anything anyhow. Surprisingly it did not work with my older back up phone GS3, updated to 4.3, Knox included. Kingo will also unroot your phone as well with one click. Can't help with Safestrap, as I just wanted to remove region lock and kill some bloatware.
    From my understanding it is not the root that trips knox counter it is when you put a custom recovery on

some rooting methods will trip Knox. for example Chainfire's method will trip Knox. Kingo wont