Anyone want an m8 with a broken screen?

Search This thread

dumbkid234

Oct 9, 2010
I bought my m8 back when it was released and unfortunately dropped it two weeks later. I sent it back to HTC and they refused to fix it because i rooted it. I tried again and they still won't do it. I haven't used the phone for months any suggestions as to what to do with it? EBAY? Im just pissed at HTC sorry if wrong thread

Anyone think they are better at talking to the htc reps and could do it for me??(longshot i know but I'm desperate)

Last edited:

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I bought my m8 back when it was released and unfortunately dropped it two weeks later. I sent it back to HTC and they refused to fix it because i rooted it. I tried again and they still won't do it. I haven't used the phone for months any suggestions as to what to do with it? EBAY? Im just pissed at HTC sorry if wrong thread

Anyone think they are better at talking to the htc reps and could do it for me??(longshot i know but I'm desperate)
How broken is it? You have a picture? I assume you didn't S-OFF?

dumbkid234

Oct 9, 2010
I did s-off actually but it is now back to stock and s-on say relocked on the boot loader. The phone is completely functional besides the lcd which looks like its leaking.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
I did s-off actually but it is now back to stock and s-on say relocked on the boot loader. The phone is completely functional besides the lcd which looks like its leaking.
You should've reset that RELOCKED flag to just LOCKED while it was S-OFF. If you S-OFF it again you can still do that. I guess at this point HTC already blacklisted it though. Did you use Firewater?

dumbkid234

Oct 9, 2010
You should've reset that RELOCKED flag to just LOCKED while it was S-OFF. If you S-OFF it again you can still do that. I guess at this point HTC already blacklisted it though. Did you use Firewater?

yeah they definitely blacklisted it i just tried again today and they know i tried to get it fixed before. I screwed myself it just sucks I've been using my old evo 3d for the last couple months.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
yeah they definitely blacklisted it i just tried again today and they know i tried to get it fixed before. I screwed myself it just sucks I've been using my old evo 3d for the last couple months.
You could always look on eBay for a replacement screen/digitizer and try to replace it yourself. I haven't tried anything like that myself though.

Reactions: dumbkid234

dumbkid234

Oct 9, 2010
You could always look on eBay for a replacement screen/digitizer and try to replace it yourself. I haven't tried anything like that myself though.

Btw yes i did use firewater. And yeah ill look into it but I'm broke atm and screens cost a ton just had to buy college books this phone is supposed to be extremely annoying to repair. Anyways i guess ill throw it back on my shelf thanks anyway

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.