How to get unlimited data!

Search This thread

dpiddy14

Sep 10, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I am just wondering, if all these people are say verizon will switch you back, how are they going to approach this. Are they going to do it without notification. If so would that void your contract with them because they are changing your service without your knowledge and permission. You got the unlimited because you authorized them to add it to to your account. This would be like them cutting your minutes in half because they feel you don't deserve and need the extra minutes. The 4g hot spot is a feature that can be added or dropped at anytime. You can do it online in your account. Unlimited data isn't a feature, its part of your plan. Just a thought and we will see in the future if the unlimited sticks or not but I have a feeling it will stick.

Evo4gLI

Aug 12, 2011
Long Island, NY
Sorry to pick on you, but you're the last one to post. Do you really think a verbal confirmation from a phone tech counts for anything? If verizon wants to go through the accounts and fix anyone who has unlimited data and isn't supposed to, they will. AT&T does it as well. Only time will tell if people get to keep unlimited data after this loophole is patched.

Can't hurt to try though...worst they can do is put you back on what you had before....no harm done.

Guys if you have a 4GB plan, just tell them you want to add mobile hotspot feature online but you can't. They will then add you into unlimited plan.

I was curious why this would happen, so I log onto my verizon and try to add 4g hotspot to the line that ha a 4GB cap. I clicked on add 4g hotspot and I couldn't.
It popped out a window telling me that I have to call customer service to upgrade my plan to unlimited. I called after that, and the rep didn't even ask a thing. The only thing he says that is that he will need to add me into unlimited plan, and ask me if its OK. In my mind, I was like, hell yah, of course I am OK with it!!!

So in short, on the feature page adding 4g hotspot, it says that if you want to add
this feature, you need to have a unlimited plan. Which just call in and they have no choice but to add it for you. You don't even need to tell them that you need unlimited hotspot data. Just tell them to add 4g hotspot, they will add unlimited for you. For those of you don't trust me, log on verizon under add feature. You can clearly see the requirement of adding 4g hotspot(tell me for tab), which is unlimited data plan.
Once you cancel it, the unlimited plan sticks. And I don't think they can do anything about it, since you request to add 4g hotspot, but you can't. And you call rep.. blablabla! This is actually their own mistake
so I don't think they could do anything. Just my opinion though..

Last edited:

JAYNO20

Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Why wouldnt it stick ?

Previous poster who did this was assured that it'd stick from verizon themselves.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

The accounts are audited for stuff exactly like this, when your account comes up on their screen they will see you aren't supposed to have unlimited and WILL remove it. I have seen it happen on accounts where reps who didn't know added it and had it removed later by the offline audit team. It happens, so don't get used to unlimited data by doing this.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

dpiddy14

Sep 10, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Guys if you have a 4GB plan, just tell them you want to add mobile hotspot feature online but you can't. They will then add you into unlimited plan.

I was curious why this would happen, so I log onto my verizon and try to add 4g hotspot to the line that ha a 4GB cap. I clicked on add 4g hotspot and I couldn't.
It popped out a window telling me that I have to call customer service to upgrade my plan to unlimited. I called after that, and the rep didn't even ask a thing. The only thing he says that is that he will need to add me into unlimited plan, and ask me if its OK. In my mind, I was like, hell yah, of course I am OK with it!!!

So in short, on the feature page adding 4g hotspot, it says that if you want to add
this feature, you need to have a unlimited plan. Which just call in and they have no choice but to add it for you. You don't even need to tell them that you need unlimited hotspot data. Just tell them to add 4g hotspot, they will add unlimited for you. For those of you don't trust me, log on verizon under add feature. You can clearly see the requirement of adding 4g hotspot(tell me for tab), which is unlimited data plan.
Once you cancel it, the unlimited plan sticks.

+1 (10 characters)

dukins

Apr 6, 2010
Indianapolis
My 2 cent. For those of you who already have unlimited data on your phone, Verizon will add unlimited 4g hotspot for $30 bucks. That's just the other side of the coin. Maybe in Verizon's system right now unlimited hot spot has to see an unlimited plan, but i've been wrong before. Take it with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

dpiddy14

Sep 10, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
My 2 cent. For those of you who already have unlimited data on your phone, Verizon will add unlimited 4g hotspot for $30 bucks. That's just the other side of the coin. Maybe in Verizon's system right now unlimited hot spot has to see an unlimited plan, but i've been wrong before. Take it with a grain of salt. :rolleyes:

That's why people are getting the unlimited data. You need the unlimited data for the unlimited 4g hotspot to be added.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jalin725

Feb 4, 2011

Is that in addition to what we pay for unlimited or $30 bucks total for both?

Geoi1006

May 4, 2010
I've tried twice now and I'm not seeing the option on the website for the 4GB hotspot plan

Geoi1006

May 4, 2010
Think it's caught. Oh well, nice lil addition to my phone anyways. I grabbed the 6GB hotspot.

pagereborn

Mar 1, 2011
Tried didn't work for me good luck for people that got it working

Evo4gLI

Aug 12, 2011
Long Island, NY
You guys didn't read the OP...you can get unlimited if you call them...why would you want 6 GB if you can have unlimited?

Sent from my HTC Rezound via Tapatalk

feralicious

Jun 9, 2011
City of Angels
I think you are right about it needed to see the umlimited plan and maybe that's why she couldn't find it for me and had to put me on hold. She probably had to add it.

No it's $30 for each. Total $60 for unlimited everything.
Not for me!

I had already signed up for a $20 hotspot plan to get my Amazon gift card so she told me it was going to cost me $10 more per month, I said that's fine. Then at the end she told me that she added the unlimited hotspot and that I now had unlimited email and web as well. My plan is the 450 min/4gb (or is it 2gb but I'm getting 4gb due to their double data promo?) and she told me my price was only going up $10 more. :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was in the Droid Bionic forum and came across this ( thanks jesziicuh) . It totally works I did it on my wife's line. If you have tired data, call *611, option 4, say add a feature, talk to a representative and add unlimited 4g hot spot to your tiered data line. They upgrade your data to unlimited to accommodate the unlimited hotspot. Then log into you verizonwireless account. Go to the row where it says plan. Then click on change features. Pick your phone you just upgraded, then scroll down and remove unlimited 4g hotspot. Worked like a charm!!! My wife's data tracker on her phone now says unlimited!!!! Got to love loop holes!:D

Edit: This might actually take several attempts to accomplish. I have heard some people have tried upwards of 5 times before actually receiving unlimited data.

Edit2: Thanks to nomisunrider we have the actual plan code the verizon rep uses to add 4g unlimited MHS. plan code #76153 — $30 Unlimited 4G Mobile Hotspot. I would still ask for the 4g unlimited MHS first and if they give you trouble tell them you were told the plan code is 76153. Hope this helps and cuts down on the amount of calls some people have to make.
    If they change it back so be it. My wife was happy before, but if they don't oh well. Why should we both pay the same for data but I have unlimited and she has 4 gigs. Just cause Verizon wanted to be a bunch of D bags and be like AT&T. Your telling me you have never went to a store and bought something that was miss priced and you knew the price was wrong but still fought to get what the lower price was. Dude this is a modding forum. Not bash everyone forum. Everything in this place is about bending the rules and coming up with work arounds set in place by the carrier and maker of the phone. You are no better than anyone else here.
    Worked for me. New customer with 2 new lines with Galaxy Nexus.

I called 1-800-922-0204 option 4, said "add a feature"

Told the CSR that my co-worker just got the 4g mobile hotspot and I wanted the same feature. I told her that my co-worker said to use code #76153 to make sure I got the correct feature.
    She said (I could hear a laugh in her voice) that my co-worker told me the correct code =)
    She added it to both lines.

I logged into my verizon account and both new lines have unlimited data
    Woah, woah woah.

First, show me an article full of facts that says alot of data used is bad on your phone for everyone esle. Not assumptions.

Ive used 43 gbs so far. Why? At work and home usually nothing todo, so netflix, youtube, oovoo etc. Why you think its invented for? To use each app 5 mins each?

Its unlimited data. They went to tiered to make more money.

Ontop of that i pay 30 for the hotspot as well. If it says unlimited then why wouldnt i carry on as its unlimited ? If its a big world problem, verizon has my number. People like me who are in a huge percent arent affecting you. So chill out on getting mad at people who pay just like you for their service. They can do what they please.

Sorry, i really get annoyed at people who jump at others for using unlimited data the way they want to.

I guess i abuse my unlimited nights and weekend minutes too? Is that clogging your signal bars down ?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    2 more weeks on this month's cycle and Ive used 55gb. Lmao

People like you are the reason why we have tiered plans in the first place. Good job.