[kernel] - compiled with linaro gcc4.7.1 -- cm7 / archos - for a43/70/101 only atm

Search This thread

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Great work!! a70 g8 working fine, 2760 in Antutu @ 1100Mhz

but compcache not working for me

Compcache is useless, not activated by default in all cyanogen rom. I can add the code, it was tested but not approuved.
Look this: wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Swap_and_Compcache in google

Sent from my openAOS Build of Android 2.3 (cyanogenmod edition) using xda app-developers app

ninjah

Aug 25, 2008
MSK
Compcache is useless, not activated by default in all cyanogen rom. I can add the code, it was tested but not approuved.
Look this: wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Swap_and_Compcache in google

Sent from my openAOS Build of Android 2.3 (cyanogenmod edition) using xda app-developers app

it would be good!

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
When watching video my minimum cpu and sometimes maximum cpu speeds get reset. I then have to reapply the settings I want. I use AnTuTu CPU Master Pro and have also tried Set CPU but can't get my settings to stick with either.

Mavasilisk

Mar 12, 2012
When watching video my minimum cpu and sometimes maximum cpu speeds get reset. I then have to reapply the settings I want. I use AnTuTu CPU Master Pro and have also tried Set CPU but can't get my settings to stick with either.

Set the frequency by going tio Cyanogenmod Performance settings. It should not reset this way.

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
I tried that but settings still won't stick after streaming video.

I had the same pb. But now it gone. I think it's a system pb not kernel. I have tried after see a video, my freq is the same. After a lond deep sleep, no pb. I have installed setcpu and put my high freq in cyanogen configuration, like say in other post.

I don't know why the return of deep sleep is long. The compiltion with other toolchain must created error. I have changed nothing on this part of code.

I lake of time to compile atm, maybe another version this week end :p i work on dsp driver and stability.

Bizcuite

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
That the Frequency gets down to 800MHz comes from the hardware accelerated videodriver.
It was in the archos tools for a long time.

As the CM7 needs some drivers from the Archos Android, and if you have an old one installed with that still there,
you will have that problem.

Also if your CM7 is slow, that's from there to.

Reactions: darren1

darren1

Oct 31, 2010
That the Frequency gets down to 800MHz comes from the hardware accelerated videodriver.

As the CM7 needs some drivers from the Archos Android, and if you have an old one installed with that still there,

Thanks, if I install latest Archos firmware will I have to reinstall CM7 too?

jackson0829

Dec 7, 2010
Taipei
Try to format data partition or image from bull. Try if you tube works after reinstalled it
I don't thunk the kernel is the pb.

I hope that it works.

Bizcuite

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Hi,Bizcuite :

I try to format data partition (internal SD card) and replace new data.img
and openaos-gingerbread.img from Bull or yours but the YouTube video
still could not playback (only few low resolution video can play)???
(I tested Youtube 2.4.4 /2.1.6 with Flash player 10.2/10.3/11.1 ALL failed)
Edit:I double checked the YouTube video can playback on the internet (website)
But could not playback with youtube app,?other stream video app also could not playback,!

I read one information frm Archosfans forum as beneath:
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=65232

Maybe original Archos G8 OS v 2.4.83 (built in Youtube v1.1) got trouble
with Youtube video and could not playback recently??:confused:

Please help to solve the Youtube Video playback issue otherwise I will
give up CM7 ROM and go back to UrukDroid 1.6.4 ROM ! (even though
your OC CM7 ROM is most fast and stable than UrukDroid ROM!):p

Last edited:

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Hi,Bizcuite :

I try to format data partition (internal SD card) and replace new data.img
and openaos-gingerbread.img from Bull or yours but the YouTube video
still could not playback (only few low resolution video can play)???
(I tested Youtube 2.4.4 /2.1.6 with Flash player 10.2/10.3/11.1 ALL failed)
Edit:I double checked the YouTube video can playback on the internet (website)
But could not playback with youtube app,?other stream video app also could not playback,!

I read one information frm Archosfans forum as beneath:
http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=65232

Maybe original Archos G8 OS v 2.4.83 (built in Youtube v1.1) got trouble
with Youtube video and could not playback recently??:confused:

Please help to solve the Youtube Video playback issue otherwise I will
give up CM7 ROM and go back to UrukDroid 1.6.4 ROM ! (even though
your OC CM7 ROM is most fast and stable than UrukDroid ROM!):p

Can you explain me what's append with youtube exactly? Crash, novideo played?
Have you tried with full bull rc original firmware and kernel?
Have you tried to format fully and reinstall archos firmware?
When have you this pb for the first time? When you flash mast kernel?

With this resume i will help you i hope.

Bizcuite

jackson0829

Dec 7, 2010
Taipei
Can you explain me what's append with youtube exactly? Crash, novideo played?
Have you tried with full bull rc original firmware and kernel?
Have you tried to format fully and reinstall archos firmware?
When have you this pb for the first time? When you flash mast kernel?
With this resume i will help you i hope.
Bizcuite

As beneath are my answers for your questions:

(1)Can you explain me what's append with youtube exactly? Crash, novideo played?
Answer: Archos 101 YouTube could not playback and show the
letters:"Sorry, this video cannot be played"

(2)Have you tried with full bull rc original firmware and kernel?
Answer: I have tried both "full bull rc original firmware and Kernel"
and "yours firmware and Kernel" got same results
(Youtube app could not playback)?
but as I remember in the initial installation of bull-final ROM
and kernel has no problem for youtube app playback!

(3)Have you tried to format fully and reinstall archos firmware?
Answers: so far I did not format fully and reinstall archos firmware
(Archos 101 OS v 2.4.83) due to I worry to damage the
UrukDroid 1.6.4 rootf and data which are installed in internal
SD Card(ext4)

(4)When have you this pb for the first time?
Answers: after I changed to your oc 1100-1150-1200-kernel then
Youtube app could not display occur!
(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1758979 )

(5) When you flash mast kernel?
Answers: I use Kboot ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1522024 ) to
flash mast kernel and optional more kernel and initramfs
(UrukDroid/CM7/...)

For your reference and help to solve the Youtube app could not
playback issues

Thanks in advance for your kindly supporting:fingers-crossed:

Last edited:

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Are you planning future improvements? If so, try to increase the CPU more. Moar power.

I try to, if i can, include new dspdriver in the kernel. ATM it's compile like modiles.

Have you got any pb with my kernel? Like a long return of deepsleep?

Have you sames pb like freq reset after run app?

Bizcuite.

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
(4)When have you this pb for the first time?
Answers: after I changed to your oc 1100-1150-1200-kernel then
Youtube app could not display occur!
(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1758979 )

Which kernel have you installed in last? My first released kernel of the first thread had pb with youtube.

Dl the third kernel of the first pages znd retry to installed. Install the oc vetsion if it works.

Bizcuite

jackson0829

Dec 7, 2010
Taipei
Which kernel have you installed in last? My first released kernel of the first thread had pb with youtube.

Dl the third kernel of the first pages znd retry to installed. Install the oc vetsion if it works.

Bizcuite

I also have tried the third kernel of the first pages (linaro gcc4.7.1) OC kernel but still
got failed in Youtube app playback?

Anyway, I am going to format full system and re-install Archos 101 OS v 2.4.83 (even though it will demage the UrukDroid's rootf & data in internal SD card(ext4) ) afterward install your CM-7 ROM with latest OC kernel to confirm whether can solve the Youtube app could not playback issue?

EDITED: This afternoon I try to format full system and re-install Archos 101 OS v 2.4.83 then install Bull & Linaro CM-7 ROM with latest OC kernel , Unfortunately finally Youtube app still could not playback ? due to I took long time could not solve the issue ,so I will pending the Linaro & bull ROM
and go back to UrukDroid 1.6.4 ROM which have no Youtube app playback issue for me!!:crying:

Last edited:

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
I also have tried the third kernel of the first pages (linaro gcc4.7.1) OC kernel but still
got failed in Youtube app playback?

Anyway, I am going to format full system and re-install Archos 101 OS v 2.4.83 (even though it will demage the UrukDroid's rootf & data in internal SD card(ext4) ) afterward install your CM-7 ROM with latest OC kernel to confirm whether can solve the Youtube app could not playback issue?

Only the kernel not compiled with linaro, it has been fixed.

I can't confirm anything. And i don't know if your urukdroid will be affected by the format, i can't install it and cannot know how it worked. If it works like bull rc, save only the image files, it will be ok.

I can only give a process to have a clean install, you are sure that it will work. If you have another pb maybe the cpu has been affected by oc (i hope no, but this can arrived) . You are alone without youtube with my kernel, it's an isolate pb.

Ps: No kernel this week end, i lake of time :mad:

Bizcuite

athankar75

Sep 2, 2011
Athens
A70s Which bull?

Guys, i read every day news about new versions based on bull and with Linaro improvements. I want to use the most stable one somehow every day use and not experimental, which one is better (i have a70s with bull 2 months ago rom installed) Thank you...!

bizcuite

Aug 11, 2010
Corbeil-Essonnes
Guys, i read every day news about new versions based on bull and with Linaro improvements. I want to use the most stable one somehow every day use and not experimental, which one is better (i have a70s with bull 2 months ago rom installed) Thank you...!

The most stable is to have your fully format with original firmware and kernel.

Urukdroid is a good alternative as i have read.

I can give you this choice.
Archos firmware with my kernel oc without linaro tweak. I think that my kernel works good, take the last version in last posts.

Or bull with original or my kernel (the same than upper) if you want oc your cpu and have tweaks (sio sched-interactive gov and more)
My kernel with sio and interactiv gov can give a boost to your. It's more smooth!

Linaro kernels have little pb with return of derp sleep, it takes 3secondes to wakz up your tab.

Bizcuite

Reactions: athankar75

jackson0829

Dec 7, 2010
Taipei
Only the kernel not compiled with linaro, it has been fixed.

I can't confirm anything. And i don't know if your urukdroid will be affected by the format, i can't install it and cannot know how it worked. If it works like bull rc, save only the image files, it will be ok.

I can only give a process to have a clean install, you are sure that it will work. If you have another pb maybe the cpu has been affected by oc (i hope no, but this can arrived) . You are alone without youtube with my kernel, it's an isolate pb.

Ps: No kernel this week end, i lake of time :mad:

Bizcuite

Yesterday,I tried to clean install (format full system and re-install Archos 101 OS v 2.4.83 or v2.4.82)
then install Bull & Linaro CM-7 ROM with latest OC kernel , Unfortunately all Youtube app still
could not playback:crying:

I am going to clean install previous Archos 101 OS v 2.3.26 which including
"cinema plugin" ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1727534 )
and try Bull & Linaro CM-7 ROM with latest OC kernel again tonight,
hope it can slove the Youtube app could not playback issue :confused:

Last edited:

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
You should not do that.

CM7 Bull needs some driver from the Archos Android and if you have the "wrong" version you will have problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I am back with a new Kernel to try.

I have compile it with last Linaro Toolchain after lots of problems to compress a zImage :)

This is a 1100MHz version with all Tweaks from my own first kernel.
    I attach too my initramfs.cpio.gz modify. Time passed 20 to 5 seconde, 20 is too loooooooooooong

Remember: Report!!!!

FYI: i have made 2200 under Quandrant (not representative but...it's an information), and that's all....i have no game on it (total wipe very often lol).

Have fun!!!

Source:
    https://github.com/bizcuite/Archos_Gen8_Linaro_kernel.git

Bizcuite

The most stable is to have your fully format with original firmware and kernel.

Urukdroid is a good alternative as i have read.

I can give you this choice.
    Archos firmware with my kernel oc without linaro tweak. I think that my kernel works good, take the last version in last posts.

Or bull with original or my kernel (the same than upper) if you want oc your cpu and have tweaks (sio sched-interactive gov and more)
    My kernel with sio and interactiv gov can give a boost to your. It's more smooth!

Linaro kernels have little pb with return of derp sleep, it takes 3secondes to wakz up your tab.

Bizcuite

Like you have maybe seen in divx118 thread, it's a pb with you tube. The codec dozsn't worked atm.

I try to see in my side to correct it. My kernel works well! Good news for me :p

To be more specific most old videos will work, videos I tried when fixing youtube app on CM7 still do. As far as I tested only new videos will error out on the AAC codec.

divx118