Firefox OS Porting to Motorola G

Search This thread

coldSense

Feb 12, 2014
I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.

Apph3x

Feb 17, 2014
Worcs
Welcome to the forums !

I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.

Now I haven't been on these forums long but I'd like to say congrats on ur first post ! ;0 That error
Code:
means there is no target to build the path. I need more info. What compiler are you using. Or are you just using the command prompt?What's the custom kernel, you could try using CM #2 Unoffical However that'd only work if ur Moto G is currently running android with CWM (to flash the kernel when u build it) Can u link to the mozilla post, I didn't bookmark it and I can be bothered to google it ;) Can u send me what you've done so far pls. Thanks

Last edited:

coldSense

Feb 12, 2014
Or are you just using the command prompt?

Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Actually I'm using this guide .

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

The kernel I got is from here.

Reactions: Apph3x

ares93

Dec 17, 2008
Stockholm
Admittedly, I know jack **** about android development, but I was under the impression that Firefox OS was based on an ICS kernel? I don't think the CM11 kernel works.

Apph3x

Feb 17, 2014
Worcs
Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

Never seen that error before. Know wat it means tho. Have u tried complieing with Xcode (mac) or another 3rd part app ?

coldSense

Feb 12, 2014
I solved (apparently) that problem by modifying variable TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE (device/motorola/msm8226-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk) to be absolute path but now I have another error

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp', needed by `out/debug/host/linux-x86/bin/validatekeymaps'.  Stop.

Last edited:

pureexe

Dec 17, 2011
ratchaburi
Google Nexus 4
LG G3
@coldSense

Try this way please :)
Code:
rm -rf out
rm -rf objdir-gecko
./build.sh gecko

then run
Code:
./build.sh gaia

and copy file from <build_path>/gaia/profile/webapps to <build_path>/out/project/<device_name>/system/b2g/webapps

Then replace all file from out/target/<product>/system to /system of AOSP ROM

then edit ramdisk follow https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Porting

and flash boot.img and /system you were edit to your Motolola G

Try this way please

Last edited:

h2o64

Aug 13, 2012
Paris
Hi everyone !
I'm currently tryaing to build Firefox OS on own device.
I have this error :
Code:
$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
     1. aosp_arm-eng
     2. aosp_x86-eng
     3. aosp_mips-eng
     4. vbox_x86-eng
     5. cm_falcon-userdebug
     6. mini_armv7a_neon-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] full_falcon
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "falcon". Arrêt.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'full_falcon'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

Could someone help me ? :D

Thanks a lot !

Last edited:

h2o64

Aug 13, 2012
Paris
try full_falcon instead

Code:
$ lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
     1. aosp_arm-eng
     2. aosp_x86-eng
     3. aosp_mips-eng
     4. vbox_x86-eng
     5. cm_falcon-userdebug
     6. mini_armv7a_neon-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng] full_falcon

Invalid lunch combo: full_falcon

OR

Code:
$ ./build.sh full_falcon
including device/motorola/falcon/vendorsetup.sh
including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh
build/core/product_config.mk:222: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "full_flo". Arrêt.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'full_flo'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

> Build failed! <

Build with |./build.sh -j1| for better messages
If all else fails, use |rm -rf objdir-gecko| to clobber gecko and |rm -rf out| to clobber everything else.

A modification in device/motorola/falcon/vendorsetup.sh maybe ?

UPDATE :
Modifying vendorsetup.sh like this
add_lunch_combo full_falcon-eng

Last edited:

h2o64

Aug 13, 2012
Paris
Can somebody explain me how to use a prebuilt kernel to build that please ? :D

Thank You :)

I have this error ... (in french)
Code:
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE falcon
make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « out/target/product/falcon/kernel », nécessaire pour « prebuilt ». Arrêt.
make: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

Last edited:

EnricoBomma

May 8, 2014
Can somebody explain me how to use a prebuilt kernel to build that please ? :D

Thank You :)

I have this error ... (in french)
Code:
No private recovery resources for TARGET_DEVICE falcon
make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « out/target/product/falcon/kernel », nécessaire pour « prebuilt ». Arrêt.
make: *** Attente des tâches non terminées....

You can try to create the folder falcon-kernel inside device/motorola/ and put into it your kernel image.
In device/motorola/(your model) create the file AndroidBoard.mk and put inside:
ifeq ($(TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL),)
TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL := device/motorola/falcon-kernel/kernel
endif
Than try to rebuild.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What we did:
    - synced all sources

The error seem to be:
    Code:
    Or are you just using the command prompt?

g++ - 4.6
    gcc - 4.6