[GUIDE] How to port MIUI v4 to your Device

Search This thread

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
Hi guys, last days i got messages about a guide port miui4 to each device.

that is my method i use on my miui4 ports.

take a any cm9 or aosp based ics rom as base. with this guide, you can port miui4 from any device to your one. for best compatibility use own brand base to port. if you have desire s then port from htc devices. if galaxy nexus then try port from nexus s ;)

first of all replace complete folders with miui4 one.
system/app
system/framework

copy libandroid_runtime.so lib from miui 4 (rom you port). without this file rom will not boot. if you get bootloop, try with base libandroid_runtime.so file..

replace media folder with base rom (that themes, wallpaper, audio from miui work)

copy telocation.db and yellowpage.db to /system/etc folder.
copy content-types.properties file to /system/lib

copy invoke-as from miui4 rom to /system/xbin and give it permissions on updater-script
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as");

(for backup & themes app work)

copy liblbesec.so from miui 4 to /system/lib and give permission on updater-script

set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/lib/liblbesec.so");

(for superuser app from miui work)

change values from build.prop

ro.build.id=MIUI
ro.build.display.id=MIUI
ro.build.version.incremental=2.x.x (version number)

ro.config.ringtone=MI.ogg
ro.config.notification_sound=FadeIn.ogg
ro.config.alarm_alert=GoodMorning.ogg
ro.config.sms_received_sound=FadeIn.ogg
ro.config.sms_delivered_sound=MessageComplete.ogg

if your base rom has issues, these issues will seen on this port too. example, if camera not works on base rom, then will on miui4 port also not work!

then add your stuff (updated apps, wallpaper or installer whatever you want :D )

make your zip and there is it. if you open your thread, dont forget give a link to based ics and port rom's.
that is method actually i use. for more info please use search on xda or ask on this thread. no private messages will answered from now.

(if you like this guide, just give 5 star and click to thanks button)

Last edited:

rohith_luffy

May 30, 2010
hyderabad
any tips for motorola defy users (suggested rom base)..wajk is developing on a miuiv4 rom already .. but i thought i could give this method a try .

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Is it possible to port miui tho HTC explore ?

HTC Sense 3.5,Android 2.3.5

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
We dont have a ice sandwich Rom on the vivid/hoilday would it be possible to port One this way

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using XDA App

proxuser

Jul 2, 2010
www.emexci.com
I can't say anything about ldpi and mdpi devices. Miui is designed for hdpi devices. This guide is for hdpi devices only..

Some guys got it working on Mdpi devices with resizing but i don't know how's.

We dont have a ice sandwich Rom on the vivid/hoilday would it be possible to port One this way

I don't think. You need special kernel for that like cm9 .

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

Reactions: ksuyud and Mkey01

antaine

Jan 29, 2011
Paris
Are you saying that it should work on ARMV6 and ARMV7 ldpi mdpi (with resized framework and apps) and hdpi?

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
This sucks, I never seen a beast of a phone with no development, I shoulda went with the gs2 or the 4s

Shermanballz

Mar 1, 2011
I've never even considered porting a rom, but I followed the instructions and it worked!

Only glitch: it thinks my slide out keyboard is out when it's in, and vice versa. Oh well. Thanks!

Sent from my epic 4g using Tapatalk

m4rk84

May 30, 2010
"copy invoke-as from miui4 rom to /system/xbin and give it permissions on updater-script
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as")"

I'm really green when it comes to this stuff...just wondering how i'd go about giving it the permissions as above...? thanks

brainmaster

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2006
Huawei Watch
OnePlus 7T Pro
"copy invoke-as from miui4 rom to /system/xbin and give it permissions on updater-script
set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as")"

I'm really green when it comes to this stuff...just wondering how i'd go about giving it the permissions as above...? thanks

Its for advanced users, you should better leave it before you do something wrong and write here in the thread that you fried your Phone.

No offense.

haydnlj

Aug 26, 2008
Sydney
Any idea if this should work on CAF ICS roms? Took a quick attempt without success, libdvm.so was failing in a bootloop - needed phone so didn't investigate much further.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, last days i got messages about a guide port miui4 to each device.

that is my method i use on my miui4 ports.

take a any cm9 or aosp based ics rom as base. with this guide, you can port miui4 from any device to your one. for best compatibility use own brand base to port. if you have desire s then port from htc devices. if galaxy nexus then try port from nexus s ;)

first of all replace complete folders with miui4 one.
    system/app
    system/framework

copy libandroid_runtime.so lib from miui 4 (rom you port). without this file rom will not boot. if you get bootloop, try with base libandroid_runtime.so file..

replace media folder with base rom (that themes, wallpaper, audio from miui work)

copy telocation.db and yellowpage.db to /system/etc folder.
    copy content-types.properties file to /system/lib

copy invoke-as from miui4 rom to /system/xbin and give it permissions on updater-script
    set_perm(0, 0, 06755, "/system/xbin/invoke-as");

(for backup & themes app work)

copy liblbesec.so from miui 4 to /system/lib and give permission on updater-script

set_perm(0, 0, 0755, "/system/lib/liblbesec.so");

(for superuser app from miui work)

change values from build.prop

ro.build.id=MIUI
    ro.build.display.id=MIUI
    ro.build.version.incremental=2.x.x (version number)

ro.config.ringtone=MI.ogg
    ro.config.notification_sound=FadeIn.ogg
    ro.config.alarm_alert=GoodMorning.ogg
    ro.config.sms_received_sound=FadeIn.ogg
    ro.config.sms_delivered_sound=MessageComplete.ogg

if your base rom has issues, these issues will seen on this port too. example, if camera not works on base rom, then will on miui4 port also not work!

then add your stuff (updated apps, wallpaper or installer whatever you want :D )

make your zip and there is it. if you open your thread, dont forget give a link to based ics and port rom's.
    that is method actually i use. for more info please use search on xda or ask on this thread. no private messages will answered from now.

(if you like this guide, just give 5 star and click to thanks button)
    damnit :[
    Code:
    E/dalvikvm(  100): ERROR: couldn't find native method
    E/dalvikvm(  100): Requested: Landroid/view/GLES20Canvas;.nStartTileRendering:(IIIII)V
    E/JNIHelp (  100): RegisterNatives failed for 'android/view/GLES20Canvas', aborting
    F/libc    (  100): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1)
    Porting from Nexus S to Liquid Mt (let's say, near the same as desire z)
    guided with OP, but no sucess..
    could somebody help to overcome it?
    android_runtime is from base rom, base rom is CM9 for mine device.

//sry for posts: 1, actually modaco user :p

ADD:
    nevermind, got it passed. For those who have the same problem you have to modify framewrok.jar to replace requested smali-s
    for example, for issue above, replace GLES20Canvas*.smali on android/view with those in your base' framework.jar
    For those who are porting MIUI for qualcomm device (like htc desire z/s/HD) from newest CM source(it would affect anybody else) :
    theme engine is now affected. So new miui will hung on boot with unresolved android/content/res/AssetManager.
    Don't replace it! You should instead diff miui and cm smalis and add all missing and only missing methods to miui not deleting anything.
    Then just add PackageRedirectionMap*.smali to android/content/res/ folder, and replace WifiNative.smali on android/net/wifi/ .
    Thx cm team for including theme engine and complicating our lives :D

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but maybe you could start a list at the bottom of your post with successful v4 ports with their links and what devices. Not sayin you should do the footwerk but whomever ported v4 should post the info including what device they ported from to what they ported too and the link to their thread...

Just a suggestion...

thats good idea, but someone has ported but given nothing of credits. if someone has succesful ported it, should give a link in this thread and i will add them to front page.

can't say people should give link to my thread. if they want this, then they should do it self. but thanks for support ;)
    I can't say anything about ldpi and mdpi devices. Miui is designed for hdpi devices. This guide is for hdpi devices only..

Some guys got it working on Mdpi devices with resizing but i don't know how's.

I don't think. You need special kernel for that like cm9 .

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium