Miniature MicroSD Reader (Kickstarter project)

Search This thread

Esoth

May 1, 2010
Hey guys,
For those of us running custom ROMs that enable USB-OTG, I just saw a really cool kickstarter project yesterday (and am already a backer) for a miniature microsd reader that you can just plug into your phone/tablet. I'm not in any way related to this project, I just really, really want to see it get funded. Here's an excerpt from the project page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta

Hello world! You like your Nexus tablet but you hate the fact that it doesn't have a built-in SD card reader for storage expansion? My brother and I felt that way when we first got one in July 2012. So we decided to do something about it -- make one for it. After many months of hard work, finally we have something that we feel good about and we want to share with the world.

What does it do?

Well, it is just like a SD card reader that you use on your computer, except it is for Android tablets and smartphones that have MicroUSB port. You can use it to read/write MicroSD cards, copy files between your phone/tablet and a MicroSD card.

It supports MicroSDHC cards up to 32GB (max capacity by SDHC standard), and MicroSDXC cards up to 64GB (max capacity available on the market). SDXC standard supports cards up to 2TB -- this reader should support future MicroSDXC cards of higher capacity up to that, but we have no way of testing it right now.

d31c4edded44725c2cf6f6489e6bf4ba_large.jpg

b97298e76ed2b57ae6e32022d6e6612d_large.jpg

The best part is the price: It's only $12, with international shipping included! With this nifty little thing, I don't have to care whether there's a built in MicroSD slot anymore!

Last edited:

Num43

Jan 5, 2011
Looks great and since I have a HoX and I plan on buying a nexus this will come in handy.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

KungPow90

Sep 12, 2012
Portland
Would our phone recognize this music I would put on there and play it without having to use a file manager and select them individually?

s1l3nt

Jan 15, 2009
woah this is awesome. Just pledged on it. Can't wait till it come's out. This will make my nexus 7 and htc one x happy

Esoth

May 1, 2010
That's for the One.... Thats not for us lol

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

No actually, those were two separate announcements. They were confirming that it worked on the One, but because they hit their stretch goal, everyone who pledges will get the usb-to-microusb adapter. Epic!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,
    For those of us running custom ROMs that enable USB-OTG, I just saw a really cool kickstarter project yesterday (and am already a backer) for a miniature microsd reader that you can just plug into your phone/tablet. I'm not in any way related to this project, I just really, really want to see it get funded. Here's an excerpt from the project page http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/andyfei/mini-microsd-reader-for-android-smartphones-and-ta

Hello world! You like your Nexus tablet but you hate the fact that it doesn't have a built-in SD card reader for storage expansion? My brother and I felt that way when we first got one in July 2012. So we decided to do something about it -- make one for it. After many months of hard work, finally we have something that we feel good about and we want to share with the world.

What does it do?

Well, it is just like a SD card reader that you use on your computer, except it is for Android tablets and smartphones that have MicroUSB port. You can use it to read/write MicroSD cards, copy files between your phone/tablet and a MicroSD card.

It supports MicroSDHC cards up to 32GB (max capacity by SDHC standard), and MicroSDXC cards up to 64GB (max capacity available on the market). SDXC standard supports cards up to 2TB -- this reader should support future MicroSDXC cards of higher capacity up to that, but we have no way of testing it right now.

d31c4edded44725c2cf6f6489e6bf4ba_large.jpg

b97298e76ed2b57ae6e32022d6e6612d_large.jpg

The best part is the price: It's only $12, with international shipping included! With this nifty little thing, I don't have to care whether there's a built in MicroSD slot anymore!
    If you go to AliExpress, someone is selling otg microsd reader for 5.40.

Google for aliexpress otg microsd

(Still newbie, unable to post links)