[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot(No script or editing required)

Search This thread

Supermade

Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Reactions: whitetiger_0603

college

Nov 22, 2003
Directory Does Not Exist

Many thanks for the noob guide. All goes will can read the original CID and can see the device in the command prompt. However when writing new CID it reads, "Failure, no directory exits..."

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

College

whitetiger_0603

Mar 4, 2012
Boutte, LA
So I'm trying to write my factory CID back and I entered the command exactly as directed, however CMD says "invalid CID". It's the exact same cid I pulled from the Hex writer back when i used the SuperCID scripter. So i don't get it.....

Edit...I JUST saw the comment made above about my problem. Sheesh the one time i don't read everything....

thetechman123

Sep 5, 2010
Los Angeles
Just wanted to make sure this would be safe to do on my AT&T HTC One (currently have S-Off via revone, unlocked bootloader, running Android Revolution HD 11.0)
Thank you for any help :)

yossim66

Dec 10, 2008
hi
i have a cid telus001 and i can't do supercid,i get the message something with "fail,don't have sdcard support"/what can i do?
thank you

flamechamp

Jun 8, 2010
Tangerang
WRITE SUPER CID-
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

ONLY download ADB tools if you do not already have it!

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS or download for LINUX or from the attachments below
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C:))
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

attachment.php

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. Enter the command "fastboot oem readcid". Make a note of your original CID.
9.enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
10. enter the command "fastboot read cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. Press the volume down button twice on your phone and navigate to reboot bootloader, then hit power button to reboot the bootloader.
12. Bootloader will also say "CID-11111111" now to confirm :) You can now flash any ROM you like.

TO REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL CID

i wrote on step 8 make a note of your original CID

follow all the steps above and then in place of step 9 enter the command "fastboot write cid YOURCID" where YOURCID is the CID you made a note of

so for me this would be "fastboot writecid O2___001"

Can this be used to flash firmware of other CID?

WhatsAUsername

Jun 8, 2013
Out of curiosity, what's the difference between this and the other guide with the text file? That one makes you do the same steps. I never really understood why we had to edit the text file if we're going to write in the commands to change CID, MID anyways. Any explanation? Is it that the text file method allows OTAs and this one doesn't?

Again, I've already used the text file method and successfully received OTA 4.2.2 through it, but I was just curious.

nativesmiley

Mar 4, 2011
after changing my CID to 1111111, its giving me problems with text messaging. everything else is working (calls &data) but for sending out SMS, it fails then the it sends the 2nd time. anyone know anything about this?

saeedmashref

Jun 21, 2013
I have supercid and s_off ,relock bootloader .Ian sending sms very well!!!

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium

yossim66

Dec 10, 2008
Hi
I did the steps to get supercid,and all runs well.in bootloader i see that the cid is 11111111 but in cidgetter app i still saw the older cid telus001.
What is the right cid?
Thank you

t3chn0s1s

Hi
I did the steps to get supercid,and all runs well.in bootloader i see that the cid is 11111111 but in cidgetter app i still saw the older cid telus001.
What is the right cid?
Thank you

The one that shows in hboot is correct. I'm also supercid and cid getter shows CWS_001.

Sent from my HTC One

Last edited:

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
HELP

Ran into some odd behavior when trying to do SuperCID. Everything was going fine until I asked the device to confirm my CID. Here is the log from adb.

As you can see, I followed the directions:

C:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT35JW900480 device

C:\adb>adb reboot-bootloader

C:\adb>fastboot oem readcid
... INFOcid: BS_US001
OKAY [ 0.010s]
finished. total time: 0.011s

C:\adb>fastboot oem writecid 11111111
... INFOStart Verify: 0
OKAY [ 0.037s]
finished. total time: 0.037s

Then when I enter "fastboot read cid" I get what you see below. So I opted instead to re-enter fastboot oem writecid BS_US001 so I would be back to what I was. I can confirm I am. My fear was if I didn't it would brick the phone.

C:\adb>fastboot read cid
usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:
update <filename> reflash device from update.zip
flashall flash boot + recovery + system
flash <partition> [ <filename> ] write a file to a flash partition
erase <partition> erase a flash partition
getvar <variable> display a bootloader variable
boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel
flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash it
devices list all connected devices
reboot reboot device normally
reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloader

options:
-w erase userdata and cache
-s <serial number> specify device serial number
-p <product> specify product name
-c <cmdline> override kernel commandline
-i <vendor id> specify a custom USB vendor id
-b <base_addr> specify a custom kernel base address
-n <page size> specify the nand page size. default:

So why did I get all these commands after I asked it to confirm the newly written CID?

angusc

May 12, 2006
Beijing
Because you entered a wrong command.

Why didn't you just reboot bootloader after changing the CID? I think you have to "refresh"the bootloader to see the change. Another way ids to change CID then run:

fastboot getvar all

Sent with desire from My One

Last edited:

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Ok, then so after I enter "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" I should either reboot or use "adb reboot-bootloader"? In the OP of this guide it doesn't mention rebooting the device before "fastboot read cid" to confirm your CID is now 11111111 so that is why I didn't reboot my H1.

Just making sure I don't wreck my H1.

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
So I went back and did the instructions again as outlined in the OP except one change I moved step 11 up to step 9a and then reconfirmed what I already saw which was CID 11111111 by doing the adb command.

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)

9a Press the volume down button twice on your phone and navigate to reboot bootloader, then hit power button to reboot the bootloader.
10. enter the command "fastboot read cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
12. Bootloader will also say "CID-11111111" now to confirm You can now flash any ROM you like.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WRITE SUPER CID-
    (allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

ONLY download ADB tools if you do not already have it!

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS or download for LINUX or from the attachments below
    2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C:))
    3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

attachment.php

11. Press the volume down button twice on your phone and navigate to reboot bootloader, then hit power button to reboot the bootloader.
    12. Bootloader will also say "CID-11111111" now to confirm :) You can now flash any ROM you like.

TO REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL CID

i wrote on step 8 make a note of your original CID

follow all the steps above and then in place of step 9 enter the command "fastboot write cid YOURCID" where YOURCID is the CID you made a note of

so for me this would be "fastboot writecid O2___001"
    Just a suggestion, instead of manually going to the folder in the cmd on windows, you can just hold shift + right click on the open folder, you'll then have an option "open command prompt in this folder"(don't remember the exact wording) this will open the cmd with the path of the folder already.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    Do you receive otas if you have supercid or would HTC__001 be better to receive otas more quickly?

You cant get any OTA's with supercid. OTA's are finicky. For an OTA you must have stock recovery, the correct CID, the correct MID and all stock apps need to be installed. OTA's do a thorough check of your existing system to make sure you qualify for the OTA. If a RUU is available for same update, it doesn't require all the safeguards... Supercid would work fine for an RUU.
    Great guide!! Thanks.

Out of curiosity how can one revert back to T-Mobile cid?

Just write back your T mobile CID Fastboot oem writecid TMO__001 or whatever it would be, i dont know but the one you would make a note of
    Great guide for the mass of NOOBS , like me! Thank you for putting this together!

sent from my unrooted, uneventful, completely stock. BLACK, STEALTH HTC ONE using Tapatalk HD Beta 4.