[APP]HTC Touch Diamand as a lightsaber (Version 1.0)

Search This thread

Snappy

Dec 13, 2004
Fantastic Application!

Additional Features would be great:
- Vibra Support for Hit
- Flashing Light in the 4D Pad
- Volume Boost?!

205_lacoste

Sep 17, 2006
Utrecht
After I closed the app I put away my phone (at work :p). When it was more quiet in the room I heard a weird humming noise. Turned out to be my phone which still played the light saber 'neutral' sound. The program wasn't opened though (not in active tasks)... required a soft reset to solve.

Tested on Elite 3.0 ROM.

This was the first time the app hangs, so it could be just a one-timer.

MasterOfDesasters

Mar 23, 2006
Berlin
www.lives-in.eu
After I closed the app I put away my phone (at work :p). When it was more quiet in the room I heard a weird humming noise. Turned out to be my phone which still played the light saber 'neutral' sound. The program wasn't opened though (not in active tasks)... required a soft reset to solve.

Tested on Elite 3.0 ROM.

same experienced one time here. But opened task manager and killed the saber.exe process. no need for softreset.

BlackFear

Jul 7, 2008
Erm, can someone pls help me out? what is a saberlight? and what the hell is he doing in that video? o_O

EDIT: OOOOOH now I check it, I forgot to turn on the sound on my PC ;D

Last edited:

Antimus

Mar 8, 2007
It's fantastic! loads of fun. But I do get the buzz problem that others have reported, hope it gets fixed in a future release!
:)

Starflake

Jul 13, 2008

Tested on Elite 3.0 ROM.

Same thing happened to me with the original Swedish ROM. Don't know the version right about now.

tomchap

Apr 20, 2006
www.mooedia.co.uk
Yeah, this is what i did to get the program working:

Went to this link and followed the instructions for downloading and installing .NET 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...49-3C6B-42F1-9FD9-0041345B3385&displaylang=en

Basically, download the software, make sure you Diamond is connected via Activesync and then run the download. This will install .NET 3.5 to your PC / Laptop and then to your phone.

Once installed on your phone, goto the FIRST POST in this thread and install the latest version of the program.

To do this, click on the link and Download the program to your pc. Then unzip it to a folder on your PC. Copy the whole zipped directory across to your INTERNAL STORAGE and then use the FILE EXPLORER program on your Diamond to access the file.

Works for me!

Hope this helps! :)

scorelord

Jul 6, 2008
@tomchap:0.3 has some .net dll's included. I think that means you don't need the full .net compact framework 3.5 package anymore.

@panutssss: Please test without first so we all know.

tomchap

Apr 20, 2006
www.mooedia.co.uk
I tried using the 0.3 version without .Net 3.5 installed and all i got was an error message:

"An unexpected error has occured in Saber.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

This application requires a newer version of the Microsoft(R) .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device"

I then proceeded to install the .NET Compact Framework 3.5 onto my phone and the program works perfectly.

However I have found after installing .NET Compact Framework 3.5 that my phone signal goes all crazy? I dont know if its the .NET Framework 3.5 that is the reason, or whether tmobile are just having problems in my area, but ever since ive installed .NET 3.5 the signal is barely present.

And also my Diamond now trys to grab a signal and then the Radio goes off and then in about 20 - 30 secs will start looking for a signal again and then repeat.

Mmm, After uninstalling .NET 3.5 it still does the same thing. Strange!

I will look at upgrading the Radio on my phone tonight to see if that solves the problem.

Strange.

Funky little App tho! :) hehe!

Last edited: