[GameKeyboard] Trying out a new webpage design for GKP Presets

Search This thread
L

LegionTHEFecalExcretion

Is there a way to make a one-button-shortcut on a homepage to change between input methods? The quickest one is a shortcut to language settings, but i'm not that lazy. More.

Have you tried long pressing on the google search bar widget? I have been thinking about messing around with tasker to see if I could get it to launch a game with the gamekeyboard active with the right profile.

Games I have tried are Last Stand, Jet Car Stunts, MOS speedrun, Roboto, Run Like Hell, Leps World, Pep The Dragon and much more.

!! Jet Car Stunts, nice one! Forgot about that game.

Would also suggest Final Freeway 1/2 and Wacksy Taxi.

Last edited:

TLRtheory

Aug 14, 2011

Izzy Stinson

Aug 12, 2011
I dont know about you guys, but I had a blast playing real racing 2 using hardware keyboard with gamekeyboard app.

Choose method e in rr2 control settings, and I set A button to gamepad A, and enter button to gamepad B. I put gamepad A to the left of the screen to move the car to the left and gamepad B to the right of the screen to move the car to the right.

In your cases dpad left to gamepad A and dpad right gamepad B.

It works great and had fun playing it on a keypad instead of a touchscreen controls :p

Sent from my SK17i using XDA

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Will look into it when I back home today :). Fingers crossed!

UPDATE: Can you provide your GKP file for RR2 too?

Last edited:

Izzy Stinson

Aug 12, 2011
http://forums.xperiaplaygamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5480

You should know right now what is this. You must make "backup" of your settings and upload it for us :).

oh okay, you mean you want my saved gamekeyboard profile for rr2?

its easy, you can do it yourself. you just need two gamepad A and B and map your dpad left to A and put it right to the left of your screen and map dpad right to gamepad B and put it right to the right of your screen and play rr2 with gamepad.

but you must choose Method E in rr2 control settings

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
I've made some new stuff - for Real Racing 2.

Thanks for Izzy Stinson for info about version 000418 which "support" our edits in GameKeyboard 2.0.

Info about controls (working with RR2 000418, didn't test other!) :
RB - go to right
LB - go to left
D-Pad Down and Square - brake
D-Pad Up - look behind

I think those controls are preety comfortable.

Take care, everyone :). TLRtheory, if you can and if you want post it on your site, where we have every modded GKP's ^^.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vnvr0c030cdvbdr

xperia64

Mar 19, 2012
play.google.com
This is one of my favorite android apps out there and with the addition of hardware->screen mapping increases its functionality greatly. I already used this to remap my X button as a space bar to make my xperia play compatible with more flash games.

GetPatriotized

Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
Anyone mind sharing my a copy? For some reason when I buy it.Says my phone is incompatible :( Been waiting for an app like this a for a long time.

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
TLRtheory, yep, here I am - that's me. You know how I feel right now, when I heard that you know me? It's so sweet, I'm very happy right now :).
Yeah, I made games, when X10 users needed it. Next I have to sell my X10 (money problems), but one of XDA users buy me one again, so I can continue my adventure with this device. When my last moded games relased, I noticed, that Gameloft learn a little - they use other structure of files (you know from :D?), and I don't need to make some modifications - the only problem for X10 and gaming on it was old hardware (=slow performance on new games). So then, I, with my new X10, start working :D. That's why now we have DiXperia Gaming (of course only X10 users), so we can play GTA III or MC3 without lags ^^. For now, present time, I have X10, and Play, and I want to develop few things before I go (yes, unfortunely, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I think soon eveything ends :() - ICS for X10 and Play, and maybe some Kernel for X10. Then, if things go good, I will get Xperia 'Hayabusa' or 'Mint' (codenames), make one fully-super-uper stuff for it, and complete my carrier on development. This is short info about some of my work :D.

GetPatriotized, :).

Last edited:

DiKeJ

May 1, 2011
Poland - Zgierz
Made it again. Now I think you can call it "much normal" settings/controls, of course for Real Racing 2.

Info about controls (working with RR2 000418, didn't test other!) :
D-Pad Right - go to right
D-Pad Left - go to left
D-Pad Down and Square - brake
D-Pad Up and Triangle - look behind
LB and Start - Pause/Options
RB and Circle - Change camera

Cheers :D.

[B]http://www.mediafire.com/?y9ydf2der4daf3y[/B]

Reactions: Izzy Stinson

Izzy Stinson

Aug 12, 2011
Tlrtheory, have you made a list like you did with a list of xperia play optimized games, but of which games runs good using gamepad with gamekeyboard app?

I want to give some I have tried and it went perfect with gamepad.

I have tried angry piggy seasons, piggy adventure, sprinkle, MOS speedrun, roboto, run like hell, helium boy, lep's world, real racing 2, battleloot adventure, realms of fortune, last stand, zombieville, zombieville usa and some other more I have tried and tested but I removed them and I forgot the games names :p

Im sorry if one of the above already usable and optimized for xperia play at least it works well to use with my hardware keyboard

Sent from my SK17i using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GameKeyboard Webpage has been completely redesigned to favor quick access and convenience CLICK HERE AND START CHECKING OUT HOW MANY GAMES THIS HAS MADE PLAYABLE!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Of course I am unallowed to share the BETA, but you best believe I'll report it's performance!

If you haven't heard of LocNet's GameKeyboard, it's basically an app that allows you to do multiple things; from creating an on-screen game-keyboard to re-mapping hardware keys.

The official 2.0 update has been released that allows something absolutely revolutionary for Xperia PLAY owners; touch-screen to hardware keyboard action mapping.

...and what does that mean? ALL Android games become Xperia PLAY Optimized... never again will we have to use lame-ass touch controls for games that are clearly too action-reaction based to be played with virtual buttons :D

BASIC SETUP TUTORIAL:

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Root Access (SEE THIS THREAD!)

SETUP PROCESS:
    Step 1: Install and open GameKeyboard. Click "Step 1: Tap here, find..." and Check the box next to Game Keyboard
    Step 2: Long-press the "Step 2: Tap here and..." area until a window pops up; select "Input Method", then select "Game Keyboard"
    Step 3: Click the Button that says "Step 4: (Optional) Tap here to..." There are a number of changes we must make here.
    ........- Click "Select Gamepad," and select "8 buttons"
    ........- If necessary, check the box that says "8-way D-Pad"
    ........- Check the Box that says "Re-map Hardkey" (Checking the "Show start and select is not necessary")
    Step 4: Enter the "Hardkey Mappings" sub-menu, we will make a number of re-maps here
    ........- Select "Mapping 1". When the window appears, press X on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad A"
    ........- Select "Mapping 2". When the window appears, press O on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad B"
    ........- Select "Mapping 3". When the window appears, press Select on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad Z"
    ........- Select "Mapping 4". When the window appears, press Start on your Xperia Play, then scroll down to "Gamepad C"
    ........- Press the phone's back hardware key to exit "Hardkey Mappings" (NOTE: Circle no longer doubles as "back")
    Step 5: Enter the "Layout Edit" Sub-Menu, Check both "Layout Edit Mode" and "Enable Custom Layout," then press back
    Step 6: Scroll all the way down to the bottom of this menu and select "Touchscreen Mode"
    Step 7: That's it! From here you can easily pull up the GameKeyboard, and start drag-mapping touch-screen actions to hardware keys or importing from the archive of pre-made game configurations if you don't want to manually configure every game.

RESOURCE LINKS:
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on XperiaPlayGamer: http://xperiaplaygamer.net/articles/everything-xperia-play-optimized.html
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on PocketGamer: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Xperia+Play/Sony+Ericsson+Xperia+Play/news.asp?c=40221
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on IntoMobile: http://www.intomobile.com/2012/04/26/gamekeyboard-makes-all-android-games-optimized-rooted-sony-ericsson-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on TalkAndroid: http://www.talkandroid.com/109619-gamekeyboard-2-0-adds-xperia-play-gamepad-support-to-all-android-games/
    GameKeyboard 2.0 article on Engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/03/gamekeyboard-for-xperia-play/
    GameKeyboard on the Google Play Store: PLAY STORE LINK
    GameKeyboard BETA Video Backlog on YouTube: BETA 1, BETA 2

Don't feel like setting up each and every game? CLICK HERE AND CHECK OUT THE IMPORT-ABLE PRE-SETS I'VE MADE!
    Guess that means he got touchpads working on gingerbread :)
    You are correct, sir!!!

Just got a very, very special email from LocNet... some pretty epic stuff is about to go down!!!! :D
    Amy way to add these to the launcher?

Nah... good news is our main man DeanBoro's back in action; and has already spoke that all of the unfinished/temporarily suspended projects he was working on are back in action - including the ICX Launcher that'll allow us to have that beautiful Game Launcher-style illustration, without having to depend on whether or not a dev is competent enough to update their AndroidManifest.xml.

Looks great... cant wait for a release...

Oh yeah? Then DON'T wait - it's out... where EVERYONE can play with it :)

(Expect a video very soon)
    TLRtheory, yep, here I am - that's me. You know how I feel right now, when I heard that you know me? It's so sweet, I'm very happy right now :).
    Yeah, I made games, when X10 users needed it. Next I have to sell my X10 (money problems), but one of XDA users buy me one again, so I can continue my adventure with this device. When my last moded games relased, I noticed, that Gameloft learn a little - they use other structure of files (you know from :D?), and I don't need to make some modifications - the only problem for X10 and gaming on it was old hardware (=slow performance on new games). So then, I, with my new X10, start working :D. That's why now we have DiXperia Gaming (of course only X10 users), so we can play GTA III or MC3 without lags ^^. For now, present time, I have X10, and Play, and I want to develop few things before I go (yes, unfortunely, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and I think soon eveything ends :() - ICS for X10 and Play, and maybe some Kernel for X10. Then, if things go good, I will get Xperia 'Hayabusa' or 'Mint' (codenames), make one fully-super-uper stuff for it, and complete my carrier on development. This is short info about some of my work :D.

GetPatriotized, :).