NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 A2SD Discussion

Search This thread

lolloc.1994

Feb 19, 2013
I have flashed 40ad2sdx-a2Recovery.zip but when I reboot my hd2 it goes in bootloops, what can i do ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How to increase the internal storage size for the NexusHD2-ICS-CM9 ROM.

May 17 updated:
    • Another choice. Don't need to flash anything.
    • Just install Link2SD app from the Google Play (a.k.a. Android Market).

Jan. 20:
    1. Flash any of the A2SD scripts below when you install too many apps and the internal memory (i.e. data partition) is out of space.
    2. Caution: Don't use any of them if you are not an advanced user. Otherwise you may have low volume, performance lag and other strange issues.
    App2sd without low sound bug

I think, i should better repost it here))
    Made a script, which moves apk and dalvik-cache to ext partition and has no low sound bug. Just as little bonus, it also makes sd-card faster(through changing it's cache to 3072Kb).
    Was testing it 3 days - no bugs anymore.
    To use this script, you should better format your ext partition as Ext4
    (you can flash this file. It will format your ext partition as Ext4 and disable journaling)
    If you will see lots of error messages after flashing, reboot your phone, it will happen only once.
    You should also delete all of other app2sd scripts(they will conflict).
    You are free to use it as you wish(rewrite code, make it a part of your rom etc)

If after flashing and first boot ext partition is not shown, reboot again. It will certainly mount after reboot.
    With this script android will show, that lots of internal memory is used by apps (up to 500 mb for me, for example. I have many apps installed).
    If you are using tytung's NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9 V1.2 and want Battery Percentage Mod, you should flash it, reboot and only after that flash my script. Otherwise you will get error after boot.

V.1.04 Fixed bug with apks not installed. Added new feature - SDcard speed up fix will apply only if the default cache size <= 1024KB (in case you apply the same patch with a different value)
    V.1.05 Found out, that fresh installed apps don't work without reboot. Fixed, but need to be tested.

V. 1.05.1 seems to be buggy. Please, use v 1.04. Bug, which was fixed in 1.05 happens not really often in fresh roms.
    If you read some of the quotes below (there are many, many more not listed here) you will quickly get the idea that everything has a problem. Everyone seems to have a solution that works and another that has failed. But the method that failed for one was successful for another and the other way around.

Why would all this be? Are all these products simply capricious and pick the person they wish to work for while making others miserable?

Please understand that I am not an Android expert. While I have spent some years with Cisco, Microsoft, Sun, BSDI and have also spent some time programming numerous languages I have to admit I do not understand all the above.

As I stated before, I do not know many of these methods - I have only used one. But I have not had any problems with it. Obviously, I cannot suggest that one method is better than an other since I have used only one.

So, I would like to learn what I did wrong not to have any problems!

I note that many people tend to post without ever having read anything. I am the opposite - I read a lot before I try something new.

I also note that many people here are making statements about some things always creating a problem or never working or always working fine yet I have no idea where they get this information from. I get especially confused when they mention something I am successfully using as always creating a problem. That seems odd if I have never had the problem so I must conclude I must have done something wrong.

So, everyone, please feel free to educate me. I welcome any information as long as it is a little more specific than "this always creates problems" or "this always works". Offer some reliable sources (preferably not a 12 year old with 2 posts on XDA and no computer knowledge) who have explained why.

You know, I have been reading here at XDA for some time now and over the years have found many, many misleading or simply incorrect posts made by well intentioned people who simply did not know the answers. I can only imagine how someone new must feel who is starting to read here, looking for information and finds post after post after post contradicting every other post.

We should all understand that our installations are different from each other and not everything will work for everyone. But, the variety of answers (opinions?) is so diverse that it is scary.

So, everyone, please feel free to educate me.

Hi...felt compelled to reply to your post as I also have read a lot and frankly I am nowhere near a working solution.
    Y guess I can tell you my experience over the past 2 months of testing various a2d scripts.

A) amarullz script ( original, not modded) - this script is very good and works in 99% of the cases but it has a space issue. It leaves app data + dalvik on the internal memory. So as you install apps, although the apks are going to the sd- ext, your internal memory fills up. With ICS roms, and EU hd2, system partition is larger than 200 mb and it leaves only 150-200 mb free internal space. Therefore there are maybe at max 20-25 apps that can be installed. On the flip side, since we are not doing anything to the data and dalvik, there are no bugs like low volume, boot loops, data loss etc. and the rom is fast, as it is designed to be.

B) amarullz script , Modded - modded versions move either data or dalvik or both to sd-ext. this is theoretically brilliant as then space is defined by the size of the user's ext partition but there are issues. Key issues include 1) installation is a hit or miss. It is device and rom dependent and success varies from device to device. Boot loops, force closes after boot are the common sign of an unsuccessful install.2) low volume bug - it is really unclear what causes the low volume bug. There is very little dev stuff on why or how it happens. Usually most people will put it to the fact that dalvik is on sd- ext but there is more to it. I,m currently running a rom with modded amarullz ( so both data and dalvik is on sd- ext) but i do not have the low sound bug. But if I use the same script on another rom, it causes the bug, so not sure completely what is going on here. But yes sure shot way of avoiding it is to have both data and dalvik on internal memory. C) lag - since data and dalvik run from sd- ext rom becomes slow. But I think not too slow, it is passable for daily use.

C) darktremor, mount2sd, texasice a2sd mod; these are typical scripts which are manipulated using the terminal emulator. All of them are similar but none of them have the low volume bug after you move data and dalvik to ext ( further evidence against the dalvik on sd- ext story). However there is a major issue with these scripts - none of them were designed for data on sd-ext ( which I think is required to have adequate space to install apps), so at some point after installation ( maybe when the data size becomes large say like 100 mb or something) there is a tremendous chance of data corruption. Which basically means that if you reboot and data is corrupted the phone will come back to its factory state and loose all your data. So these scripts are like a grenade waiting to explode.

My search for a good a2sd method (with data+dalvik on sd, no bugs and fast) is still on :)
    For everyone out there, who have no luck with A2SD

Hello everyone,

I tried about 2 hours to get a2sd working with the latest release of tytungs great ROM.

So here is a final, 100% working tutorial about "How to get a2sd working with NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.4-CM9-HWA V2.0 (Kernel: tytung_HWA_r2) (magldr)":

1. Make a clean install of the ROM (make sure you have at least a 1gb ext partition on SD-card)
    2. When installation and the first boot has finished, and you are on the "Choose language" screen do NOTHING
    3. Long press right (on/off) key and shut down your HD2
    4. Reboot into CWM and install the attached a2sd script via CWM
    5. Go directly to advanced options in CWM and fix permissions
    6. Reboot normally

7. (optional) If you have many force closes (fc), take out battery and repeat steps 5. and 6.
    8. Hit the THANKS-Button ;)

I'm sure this will save a lot of time for you!
    New script

Since this is the a2sd discussion i would like to share a new a2sd script ( if it hasnt been shared already :p)

Here is the link

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Instructions are on the thread.

I have tested the INT2EXT+ script and it is fast, stable and ,for me, MUCH MUCH better than the scripts posete by tytung

BUT

as with roms, the scripts might work for me and not as good for you

BUT (lol 2 times :p)

These scripts are DEFINATLY worth a try.

THIS IS NOT MY WORK

IM JUST SHARING IT

Hope you find it useful