ICS and Jellybean Rom Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
If you're bored with Apex or Nova, I would suggest trying out SSLauncher...(free in play store) The most customizable launcher in the market...period. And it plays well with ICS...I started a thread in General section but my app fc's when I try to link the thread. The best thing is the ability to save your setup on a zip file and share with other people who dig it....enjoy and your welcome!

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
That is one nice launcher. Thanks for the info. I just jumped back in the ICS bandwagon and I must say Deck's has come a long way. I have been running it for almost a week. I will try Gummy next.

Gummy doesn't have hardware acceleration yet...be like taking a step backward...I would suggest AOKP...YOU won't be dissapointed:)

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
According to tweets from romanbb, Milestone 5 will be dropping later on today :)

Reactions: te45a

oOflyeyesOo

May 27, 2010
St louis
And Milestone 5 is released!! But the evo hasn't made it to the list yet. :'(

Im sure it will be here by tonight, can't wait for it to be dark lightified.

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Anybody try the unofficial cm9 port for the Evo over on rootzwiki yet? Yeah you heard me right....cm9...downloading now will report back...30% in!

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Also M5 is out for us now too. Trying to DL now. Trying to find if there's a new gapps for it. I'm not seeing the usual DL page with all files listed. Its a goo.im DL page. Hmmm

Let us know on the CM bimmerman.

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
Also M5 is out for us now too. Trying to DL now. Trying to find if there's a new gapps for it. I'm not seeing the usual DL page with all files listed. Its a goo.im DL page. Hmmm

Let us know on the CM bimmerman.

Gapps are from 4-22 for M5 same ones...44%...killing me lol

Reactions: scottspa74

OneDeep

Jan 2, 2011
For some reason i cant find the thread for AOKP in the dev sec. Can't someone post a link

Sent from my White Evo 4G

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
So excited to see the cm9 boot animation! But disappointed after it loaded...its got full hardware acceleration but that's about the only good aspect...camera is totally borked... like it won't even open. No customization at all just bare bones ICS...lotta place holders for future use like themes and such but nothing there. Not sure what this was ported from, but its got a virgin mobile carrier id. If you like ICS circa January then this ones for you lol. Dumped quickly...dl'ing M5! Unless this gets way further development, stay away...but thanks for the effort...:beer:

oodork123

Nov 28, 2011
West Palm Beach, FL
someone needs to port over HTC one x 4.0 sense rom to the og despite the lack of internal memory but there's a fix for that if you do it right.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: bimmerman7

bimmerman7

May 2, 2011
OK so the cm9 port I spoke of earlier, has landed on xda also....with an update to address some of the major issues this rom had...that said this rom is in serious need of UI enhancements...without it it is just bare bones ICS..alot of people who are cyanogen diehards are finally flashing an ICS rom...truth is its way behind...HE uses AOKP as a base, so he's kanging a kang? Should be using Evervolv as a base or at least crediting them since AOKP is based off their source....since our Evo will never see an official cm9 release we are gonna be stuck relying on ports...it just amazes me how late to the party some people are and they've missed out on other great ICS rooms we've had for awhile...(Drew's, Deck's, AOKP, MazWoz's, DarkLight, MiuiV4, Quik ICS, GummyWorms just to name a few)...and they are far more dev'd than this port But any contribution to the Evo community is welcomed...and hopefully will wake all these gingerbread heads up to the wonders of ICS...Hopefully all our great Evo devs will get on the ICS bandwagon...could you imagine a tommytomato ICS rom? An SOS ICS rom? A MikG ICS rom? A team nocturnal ICS rom? I'm sure I'm missing a few....but you get the idea:cool:

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
OK so the cm9 port I spoke of earlier, has landed on xda also....with an update to address some of the major issues this rom had...that said this rom is in serious need of UI enhancements...without it it is just bare bones ICS..alot of people who are cyanogen diehards are finally flashing an ICS rom...truth is its way behind...HE uses AOKP as a base, so he's kanging a kang? Should be using Evervolv as a base or at least crediting them since AOKP is based off their source....since our Evo will never see an official cm9 release we are gonna be stuck relying on ports...it just amazes me how late to the party some people are and they've missed out on other great ICS rooms we've had for awhile...(Drew's, Deck's, AOKP, MazWoz's, DarkLight, MiuiV4, Quik ICS, GummyWorms just to name a few)...and they are far more dev'd than this port But any contribution to the Evo community is welcomed...and hopefully will wake all these gingerbread heads up to the wonders of ICS...Hopefully all our great Evo devs will get on the ICS bandwagon...could you imagine a tommytomato ICS rom? An SOS ICS rom? A MikG ICS rom? A team nocturnal ICS rom? I'm sure I'm missing a few....but you get the idea:cool:

I agree, people need to forget about gingerbread and see the wonders of ICS :)

I personally would like to see tommy come out with his version of ICS, if is anything close to what he's done with his classic....WATCH THE FUDGE OUT, IS GOING TO BE FAST, CRAZY FAST!!

Speaking of Team Nocturnal, I would like to see them port this to the EVO http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1594638 I know a few people that are running it and all have said is one of the BEST ICS roms out there without any doubt!!!

Alright, let me head back to my corner..hahaha...see you later guys! :)

Reactions: bimmerman7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since you asked, I beta-test ICS currently. I also beta'd for Mazda and Modded the forum/site he tried to steal. I've carried a ton of newbs through rooting, flashing, and got them on their way to becoming active (and contributing) members of several Android communities. Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

The member I addressed accused ropodope of being a meth-head, now he's defending him and calling other dev's "pillheads." He calls King out for racism, but let's ropodope's racism have a pass. He accused JTG of being a kangster, and is now doing the that very thing. This is your thread, you've seen it all. Why come after me for legitimately pointing out hate, drama, and topical distraction? It was here long before I stepped up and called a spade a spade.

Per your words, are we back on topic yet? Was your question to me on topic???

Respectfully yours,

Everybody running ICS right now is beta tester, everybody runs into problems, everybody (for the most part) tries to help each other out...I started this thread for that purpose and it has been nice and peaceful for 4 months...people know they are free to dicuss anything ICS related so as not to clog up the dev. threads.....JTG never gave credit for anything and claimed it as his, Mazda gives credit where credit is due, two totally different things...you should go moderate over at Kingsrom....heard its pretty happening over there....NOT!

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
    Agreed here! Haven't been back over in the 4G section but sparingly and had no clue about the drama over that stuff in the dev section till today and seeing conantroutman lock the threads...

Ppl need to get over themselves and just learn this crap happens in life at times when people are dicks.

Regardless there should be No reason to NOT let someone use your work UNLESS your trying to make money off it which last time i checked is against the rules to begin with.

And we were talking about roms not kernel source correct from what i gather, right?
    I see kushdecks Twitter post about xda and ignoring GPL but did he make kernels too?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

I'm only going to reply once to this, just because it needs to die.

There was never an issue of using a or b as a base rom without permission. Frankly, i dont agree completely with the xda rule that permission is required. You can use anything we create with an implied permission, explicit permissions are not necessary.

I know I speak for many, but can only speak for myself at the moment, but the roms you see on xda (aosp roms) are a collaboration and 'kangoration' of many different people's work. But we all start from somewhere... google. They also start from somewhere in their work.

Synopsis... When it comes to roms, I believe anyone should be able to do and share as they please. Just keep to a very simple etiquette and we have an ongoing community.
    Hey guys I started my ICS MODS thread that most of you guys wanted to see back on XDA..... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1550150 Is not as packed as it was before BUT I'll get it there, give me some time :)
    ICS at this point is not anywhere near as stable as Deck though. I have tried pretty much all the flavors of ICS and it's generally all the same. Some do some things better than others, and some don't. Honestly, what do you guys see in ICS that you could not previously do in GB?

ICS once its fully functional, gives your phone more tablet-like capabilities, the UI is way better...
    I understand its not a giant leap from GB but its always better to move forward with technology and stay stuck in the past devving Froyo and Eclair roms with Sense 1.0 they do it because its comfortable and familiar and have had two years to master it. ICS brings to the table something new and exciting for our old ass Evo's. You are gonna see a huge dropoff in the Evo thread due to contracts being up and people being able to upgrade their phones here in a couple months and in the fall. If you go look in the threads for the newer phones....nobody else is doing GB rooms anymore and I know its all about function and what the phone is capable of...I'd just like to see as many people working on it as possible. We are where we are in ICS land thanks to the work of two guys Drew and Deck. If Deck just stayed with GB we wouldn't even have ICS possible on our Evos. So adding 10 more devs to the ICS frontier before they move on to other phones, and they will, could only help. Imagine the themeing possiblites, the innovative UI they could come up with, maybe even get that damn camera working to its full capability. That's all...we moved so fast with GB because EVERYBODY and their brother was working on it, everybody was excited about the new things it brought...here we are 6 MONTHS after the first ICS rom hit our phones and we still don't have a fully functional complete rom. Two guys can't do it all, their time is limited and they do it in their spare time. Hell alot of the newer phones don't even have Android 4.0 running yet...I've had it on my Evo for 6 months....that's amazing...I'm just saying it could be even more amazing if everybody got on board and worked toward a fully functional complete ICS rom. Sense 1.0 is cool as a throwback, everybody loved 3.0 ports when they dropped and 3.5 when it dropped. I don't see anybody working on porting 4.0, I'm sure its way cooler than all the rest. OK enough dreaming for one night, and thank you to all the devs for keeping our phone relevant...peace

Sent from my Full Android on Supersonic using xda premium
    Hey I hate to take over this thread BUT since this is the ICS thread......

I just got done testing a preview gummy ROM from our very own Team DIRT member reduxd and OH MY FREAKING GOD this thing is AWESOME! Is still in the early stages and is not ready for PRIME TIME but once reduxd aka pspunderground as he's known over here on XDA gets this ROM going, WATCH THE FRONT DOOR this ROM is going to be HOTT!!

Here's a few screenshots for the non-believers out there!!

001.png
    002.png
    003.png

004.png
    005.png
    006.png

007.png
    008.png
    009.png

010.png
    011.png
    012.png

For some more screenshots and a bit more on what's going on....visit Tincandroid