STOCK-(Kernel&Rom) YP-G70 USA

Search This thread

bassbrick15

Jul 8, 2013
I want to return my SGP5 to absolute stock...akin to reformatting the hard drive and inserting the Windows CD-ROM.

Do the steps at this link do the pit/kernel/ROM? Or, do the steps at the link just do the ROM?

yes this method will give you stock touchwiz and gingerbread except the fact that you need to uninstall superuser if you want the original galaxy player experience

bales3795

Cannot Wipe Data - Asks for Android password

I went through all the steps in this to restore my galaxy player 5, and now I try to wipe data/factory reset and get asked for the CONFIRM PASSWORD prompt. It is an Android 3E Recovery thing, but I have never been able to get passed this.

Anyone know what the password is, or how to reflash the 3E recovery? Just trying to go back to stock so I feel better about selling this to someone.

bassbrick15

Jul 8, 2013
I went through all the steps in this to restore my galaxy player 5, and now I try to wipe data/factory reset and get asked for the CONFIRM PASSWORD prompt. It is an Android 3E Recovery thing, but I have never been able to get passed this.

Anyone know what the password is, or how to reflash the 3E recovery? Just trying to go back to stock so I feel better about selling this to someone.

Ummmmm........ I don't know about that password...... It never happened to me even though I have went to stock a bunch of times. My only recommendation is to try the process again and dont flash more than one thing at once.

walrusmonarch

Jun 29, 2012

I don't know if you have already figured it out, but, I had the same thing happening to me. It turns out that if you just keep entering the wrong password a bunch of times it will eventually just let you do what you want without having to enter a password.

EDIT: Hmm... I just did some more searching and it seems the password it is asking for is the screen unlock password or PIN that was set.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1066943

Last edited:

haldav

Oct 4, 2013
New Carlisle
Seems Like Years...

...Since I messed up my device and asked for advice here. For some weird reason, when I downloaded and used the stock files provided here by bassbrick15, my device was rendered useless (soft bricked). I downloaded and flashed some other ROMS and/or recoveries that did nothing but diminish what the YP-G70 can do. They bogged the system down drastically. I tried CyanogenMod 10.1 and Eryigit's G70ZCKPA.R.2.0 as well as one other that I can't remember and it turns out those are geared more for actual phones. Imagine my surprise since they came as suggested ROMS for the YP-G70 (one is built around the Xperia). While the file in this thread doesn't quite return the USA device to a pristine factory state, it is the best one yet (and the only one I can or have found). The reason I say that is because the lock screen is different than the one I had when I bought the device. I'd like to give bassbrick15 a handshake and a pat on the back for the work done here.

Some advice for anyone using this stock ROM: Follow the directions IMPLICITLY. Wait for your device to respond; it will. Eventually (within minutes). When it goes into a bootloop near the last steps, follow step 11. Have faith. It works.

Reactions: bassbrick15

§h!t!j

Nov 2, 2014
Mumbai
Request for Galaxy Player Yp - g70 international version

Hello there, can someone please help me out to perform the above steps for galaxy player 5.0 international version with physical buttons ;) as i accidentally flashed the wrong Kernel
:crying:
A click of thanks for anyone who tries to help me out :D

haldav

Oct 4, 2013
New Carlisle
Hello there, can someone please help me out to perform the above steps for galaxy player 5.0 international version with physical buttons ;) as i accidentally flashed the wrong Kernel
:crying:
A click of thanks for anyone who tries to help me out :D

As long as it's not bricked (you can still use the device as a USB storage device), you can still restore it. I've flashed the wrong kernel before more than once and was able to repeat the steps with the correct kernel and my device is back on track!

Reactions: §h!t!j

heet1

May 1, 2012
Long Beach, CA
hey guys i know this is a really old thread and I'm not sure if its supposed ot be on here but i finally got my player back up after soldering on a new charging port and a new battery, now it turns on but it stays at the downloading triangle and saying do not turn off target, would this help? also i have installed some samsung drivers but my galaxy is still not recognizing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello everyone i decided to create this thread for anyone who accidentally bricked their galaxy player 5.0 USA model or just wants to set their device to the original GB ROM & KERNEL.

all of these files i have found and i did not create anything but this tutorial for you guys!
    ENJOY!!!!

you will need odin only
    you will maintain root access

link to .zip download

http://www.4shared.com/zip/ynV2Lm_p/FullRestoreSGP50USA.html?

README File

Ok this is how to fully restore your Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 USA to factory defaults even if you are on jellybean or an other rom
    this also works if you have soft-bricked your device.

1. open odin
    2. select PIT and choose the G70-GalaxyPlayer5.0-8gig.pit
    3. click start
    4. let your device reboot and reboot it into download mode
    5. open a fresh odin again without the pit selected
    6. go to PDA and select package_us2.3.5.tar.md5
    7. click start
    --dont freak out if your device reboots and stays at the SAMSUNG logo just boot into download mode
    8. open a fresh odin again
    9. go to PDA and select ueki8_min.tar.md5
    10. click start
    NOTE-- when the device reboots you need to hold volume up and the power button to go to standard android recovery
    11. in android recovery click factory reset and erase cache
    12. reboot your galaxy player and it should look exacty as you bought it (plus superuser b/c you are still rooted)
    13. if you want to all you need to go back to flashing roms is to put clockworkmod recovery on your device
    14. your done :)
    IDK

I don't remember. Sorry. The day I bricked my Galaxy Player was all a blur. All of these files i found online, in threads, etc. IDK where i got them from but all that matters is that they work!!!

Question: Where did you get the tar.MD5 file from???
    DOWNLOAD!!!!

For all of you that have been asking i finally have been able to post it in this thread!!!!

LINK IS BELOW!!!! :D
    OR UP TOP IN THE 1st POST!!

http://www.4shared.com/zip/ynV2Lm_p/FullRestoreSGP50USA.html?

Hown can I get the download link?

Thanks a lot!
    I tried this, but my device randomly shuts off in the middle of the third step. I'm using Odin 3.09 and I have the correct model, Player 5.0 USA (YP-G70) PLEASE HELP:crying:

is your device fully charged? try to flash the recovery file then turn off your device while plugged into a charger and let it charge. i had a similar problem. make sure you have the latest odin for the best possibility of fixing your device. then start from step 1 and try again. it took me several tries before it finally worked.
    i kinda have bricked mine 4 different times and have used this to get out of all of them. meaning it should work!!!:laugh:
    is your device fully charged? try to flash the recovery file then turn off your device while plugged into a charger and let it charge. i had a similar problem. make sure you have the latest odin for the best possibility of fixing your device. then start from step 1 and try again. it took me several tries before it finally worked.
    i kinda have bricked mine 4 different times and have used this to get out of all of them. meaning it should work!!!:laugh:

And if you don't want to create a 4shared account... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39188127