[ROM][NIGHTLY][GWK74/2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Builds

Search This thread

apollopayne

Nov 3, 2010
shrewsbury
Build 12:

* Scrolling cache is ENabled in this build. You can disable it in Cyanogenmod's settings. Also, some improvements are made into the scrolling cache. In case of a long list to scroll, the scrolling cache is automatically cleared (see: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12555). Maybe this would have an effect?
* ICS transition animations are disabled in this build.
* Changelog is not available. The Yahoo API is down. I did notice that the kernel was updated, and "alpha transformation" is now available (no idea what that means).

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qa1sf610j3xkzjy

Please test and share your thoughts about this build.

Have fun!

cobje.

EDIT:

If you really want to see the changelog, take a look at: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z. The changes in this build are #I2d968239 (Revert "Removed Vibrant from list of CyanogenMod devices") until #Ia3da15f3 (Fix typo in Dutch translation.).

Love this build. Its great and smooth. Thank you! The scrolling is very smooth and pages seem to load and appear very quick. very happy

Last edited:

rocker86

Aug 12, 2011
Kolkata
Build 12:

* Scrolling cache is ENabled in this build. You can disable it in Cyanogenmod's settings. Also, some improvements are made into the scrolling cache. In case of a long list to scroll, the scrolling cache is automatically cleared (see: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,12555). Maybe this would have an effect?
* ICS transition animations are disabled in this build.
* Changelog is not available. The Yahoo API is down. I did notice that the kernel was updated, and "alpha transformation" is now available (no idea what that means).

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?qa1sf610j3xkzjy

MD5 hash: 7f5fe460a19450b313f7d8deb2bc88ab (as requested)
SHA-512 hash: 0fc3ef55f0952355274640d47ecc27726c214860d7935da3e15b55c42877514050636c9ed7862b959a77a26b34c062d036fe0d00909b022eef6927a405ba2b0a

Please test and share your thoughts about this build.

Have fun!

cobje.

EDIT:

If you really want to see the changelog, take a look at: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+branch:gingerbread,n,z. The changes in this build are #I2d968239 (Revert "Removed Vibrant from list of CyanogenMod devices") until #Ia3da15f3 (Fix typo in Dutch translation.).
Nice working...so smooth and fast...Thanx cobje for the build...

ErwinP

Oct 6, 2010
Build 13, as an update to build 12

Changelog (in addition to build 12):
  • Added the option to enable/disable the ICS rotation animation (you can find it under settings-cyanogenmod-screen
  • Support lapdock audio routing
  • Fix mDeskModeKeepsScreenOn logic
  • Notification power widget mobiledata auto 2g/3g

Please note that the option to enable/disable the rotation animation is something I've written myself (my real first code, hooray!) and is not (yet) reviewed by the CM-team. Altough it is working fine on my device, I'm not responsible of your wildfire starting to behave like doped rhino every time you touch it :) Please report back here if you have any issues with this option.

For all of you who flashed the latest build and still had the rotation animation - you should whipe your cache partition and Dalvik. If the enable/disable option does nothing for you - wipe both caches first, and then try again. Remember that the enable/disable options requirs a reboot!

Download

All the best,
Erwin

PS: although I like rapidshare more, I have the feeling that most of you want mediafire? Let me know your toughts about this.

Last edited:

Compizfox

Apr 10, 2011
Thanks, I installed cobje's build 12 yesterday and it's much smoother than build 9 I was running before. :)
And, the screen on / screen off animations are working again! :D

Last edited:

enteringrunlevel5

Jul 20, 2011
Yorkshire
Build 13 really smooth here, thanks. Personally, I prefer MF over RS for filehosts but it's no biggie (less hassle my end downloading build straight to my phone with MF for some reason).

Great work.

yash_p90

Jan 2, 2012
San Jose
Downloading build 13. Will let ya know.

And I dont mind whether itz uploaded on MF or RS. You have taken the pains to upload a Build for us, itz a great deal. So whether MF or RS, itz your choice. We are fine with anything. ;-)

lemmoned

Apr 17, 2010
Build 13 works great!!!

ICS animation rotation is easy to disable and working well.

Nice job and thank you very much!

Cheers

yash_p90

Jan 2, 2012
San Jose
I just did a clean install and now the process com.android.setupwizard keeps Force Closing! Rebooted but the same.

EDIT: Trying another clean install! :)

EDIT 2: God damn it!

EDIT 3: And now I am getting MD5 checksum error while trying to restore my backup! FML

Last edited:

topjor

Jan 3, 2011
Build 13 works great, only one problem my music stops when I lock my screen
(I am using widget locker and no task killer)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

therbom

Dec 6, 2010
Amsterdam
Build 14

Build 14:

Notes:
  • Scrolling cache is DISabled by default if you're installing this build for the first time. Otherwise, nothing will change.
  • Rotation animations (from ICS) are DISabled. They can be enabled in CyanogenMod's settings (patch from Erwin, not merged yet).

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?df2t2sayzriyvkh

MD5 hash: 327294fffbc11d9eaabc16c102ff3b74

Changelog:
  • Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off. (android_frameworks_base)
  • cm: Add E739 (T-Mobile LG myTouch) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
  • libaudio-msm7x30: initial E739 audio support (android_hardware_msm7k)
  • Add notification type constants. (android_frameworks_base)
  • Fix entries of Digitel, Movistar, Movilnet (Venezuela) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
  • additional landscape layout for sim pin unlock (android_frameworks_base)
  • Furtherly fix up notification swipe handling. (android_frameworks_base)

Translations:
  • French translations are added/updated
  • Turkish translations are added/updated
  • Dutch translations are added/updated

Last edited:

topjor

Jan 3, 2011
Build 13:
Just called someone, tried out the speaker, but it wasnt working, can be me or just this tme

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Ok, figured it made sense to start a new thread, so I'm able to update thread title and other stuff in OP.
    This is where to discuss nightly builds of CyanogenMod 7.

Download link for XDA app users

Download Google Apps

Changelog for buzz
    Changelog for nigtlies

Some useful info:
    How to obtain a system log

If you have any issues with GPS, 3G or any other network issues, try flashing the following radio firmware. NB, it's not possible to flash this zip from ClockworkMod 3, so if you have this version installed, use ROM Manager to flash it instead.

Radio_13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10.zip

Issues with Google Maps (blurry fonts, slow scrolling)? Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15218646&postcount=4

Here's the kernels used in the rom, in case someone needs to flash them manually. The 2.6.35 one is the standard included in the rom now, and the 2.6.32 is the one previously used. I'm attaching it here though, in case someone like to use it. They can be flashed in recovery.

View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.32.zip (Updated 18.06.2011)
    View attachment buzz-kernel-2.6.35.zip (Updated 07.09.2011)
    On build 16, when putting the phone to sleep the image is kind of mirrored halfway for some reason before turning the screen off. E.g

screenshot_1331744914166.png

I find that turning the rotation sensor takes that green screen problem away after a while, please correct me if I am wrong .

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

I have also noticed this artefact, not sure why it does that. I think it has something to do with how the "screenshot/screen freeze" is taken, but this is way to complicated for me to adjust..

But what exactly do you mean with 'turning the rotation sensor'? I myself see that also, an it irritates me A LOT. But I have no idea why it does so, because, previously, it worked just normal. I would love to look in to it, but I don't have the time.

---------------------------------

As the nightlies don't seem to work, here is build 17, as an update to build 16

Changelog (in addition to build 16):
    • Error handling for Network Plugin API getContext
    • Error handling in WebViewCore::contentDraw
    • Cherry-pick WebKit r100677 to fix a rendering crash
    • Create Kineto-compatible AudioTrack::set and AudioRecord::set methods
    • Show PIN entry screen even if lockscreen is disabled.
    • Improve toast strings.
    • Hide SSN toasts by default.
    • Backport "disappearing SD media" fixes from CM9
    • Fixed Proprietary info feild skipping in Samuel Berube's voicemail notification
    • Fix soft keyboard appearing on dialer under certain conditions.
    • ext4: Fix image generation when size is exact multiple of block size

Please note that
    • The patch for an option for the rotation animation is applied
    • There is something strange with the rotation animation, turning green before rotating. I will have to look in to that and see what the problem is, but I don't have the time yet.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin
    Build 14

Build 14:

Notes:
    • Scrolling cache is DISabled by default if you're installing this build for the first time. Otherwise, nothing will change.
    • Rotation animations (from ICS) are DISabled. They can be enabled in CyanogenMod's settings (patch from Erwin, not merged yet).

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?df2t2sayzriyvkh

MD5 hash: 327294fffbc11d9eaabc16c102ff3b74

Changelog:
    • Fix display freeze happening when changing device orientation while screen is off. (android_frameworks_base)
    • cm: Add E739 (T-Mobile LG myTouch) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • libaudio-msm7x30: initial E739 audio support (android_hardware_msm7k)
    • Add notification type constants. (android_frameworks_base)
    • Fix entries of Digitel, Movistar, Movilnet (Venezuela) (android_vendor_cyanogen)
    • additional landscape layout for sim pin unlock (android_frameworks_base)
    • Furtherly fix up notification swipe handling. (android_frameworks_base)

Translations:
    • French translations are added/updated
    • Turkish translations are added/updated
    • Dutch translations are added/updated
    Here you all go:
    http://dev-host.org/hhnf1hour87c/cyanogen_buzz-ota-eng.root_2011.12.30_10h15.zip

First of all, all credit for this of course goes to the CyanogenMod team and Arco. I've done nothing more or less than syncing, building and renaming it. As the timestamp says, this is build after a sync yesterday at 10h15. This means that it contains all the changes of the nightlies changelog from the buttom till "camera_client: Stub configuration parameters used by recent CAF cameras (android_frameworks_base)" should be included.

I must stress out here that I AM NOT A DEVELOPER, so this is really on your own risk. If your device turns into Megatron, you are the only one that is responsible for the end of humanity. But this is from the original CM repository, and I flashed it on my device (without full wipe etc) already, so I think it should be safe.

If you want to thank someone, just go back to the first post and thank Arco: I wouldn't have been able to do it without him, what do I say, I wouldn't have even come close to it if it wasn't for him. He also thinks that the nightlies will start up soon, so I wont be doing this at a regular base. I just made it for myself, and thought to share it. Hope you guys enjoy :)
    Build 16, as an update to build 15

Changelog (in addition to build 15):
    • Add support for EXIF datetime on Qualcomm libcameras
    • T9 Dialer: View contact on long press on T9 results
    • toolbox: prefer busybox dmesg
    • Add build date to 'About phone'.
    • linker: optimize SysV ELF hash function
    • memmove: Fix the abuse of memcpy() for overlapping regions
    • update OI File Manager 1.1.6
    • Lots and lots of Dutch translations
    • The non-official merged option to enable/disable the rotation animation

Please note that
    • Everything with the rotation animation works now
    • The build date isn't correct, prob because of the fact that I don't always start building from scratch (takes too long), but only compile the files that have been modified since the last build.

Download

All the best,
    Erwin