[NEW] NT CM7 support thread

Search This thread

ShinnAsuka

Dec 9, 2011
Well if he is running cm7 I couldn't find any setting in cm settings that would increase font size. Sorry.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium

seteva

Apr 27, 2012
books

I am trying to make it through all the pages on this post, but I'm getting frustrated. Made my micro SD card, no problems, it works great. But I may have messed up what I was supposed to do first. I have over 200 books on my nook tablet, as well as purchased apps. How do I get those to work with the CM7? Should I have partitioned the micro sd card first? The books/apps are all on the internal memory, and I've been reading that we can't access that. But, when I plug my tablet to my computer while the CM7 sd card is inserted, my computer does not recognize it, or I'd move the files that way. I have copies of the books on my computer, want to figure out the easiest way to get them to come up on the cm7

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
I am trying to make it through all the pages on this post, but I'm getting frustrated. Made my micro SD card, no problems, it works great. But I may have messed up what I was supposed to do first. I have over 200 books on my nook tablet, as well as purchased apps. How do I get those to work with the CM7? Should I have partitioned the micro sd card first? The books/apps are all on the internal memory, and I've been reading that we can't access that. But, when I plug my tablet to my computer while the CM7 sd card is inserted, my computer does not recognize it, or I'd move the files that way. I have copies of the books on my computer, want to figure out the easiest way to get them to come up on the cm7

Look for better answers from others (and see my previous questions about knowing what folders are on what partitions--still not answered). But I simply re-downloaded my B&N content from my account into the CM7 "side."

Last edited:

seteva

Apr 27, 2012
Look for better answers from others (and see my previous questions about knowing what folders are on what partitions--still not answered). But I simply re-downloaded my B&N content from my account into the CM7 "side."

These are not B&N books though, so I can't do that :( These are books I got from other sources

JRam13

Apr 23, 2012
I came across a little problem:

I got an 8 GB (4) and burned the CM7 image to it using win32diskmanager, then used easeus to partition my drive. Put it in my nook, perfect, everything works.

A few days later I got my 32GB (4) card in the mail and did the same thing. Put it in my nook, and it wouldn't boot. I can see the TEAM B+ splash screen but nothing else, screen turns black afterwards and nook reboots to nook stock.

I don't know why it does this, could be sd card problem.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

These are not B&N books though, so I can't do that :( These are books I got from other sources

If you have access to these somehow (maybe a backup or what not), the easiest thing you can do is use DropBox.

Just drag your raw epub files over to dropbox and then download the app to your nook- you can reach your old files that way.

Last edited:

seteva

Apr 27, 2012
I got an 8 GB (4) and burned the CM7 image to it using win32diskmanager, then used easeus to partition my drive. Put it in my nook, perfect, everything works.

A few days later I got my 32GB (4) card in the mail and did the same thing. Put it in my nook, and it wouldn't boot. I can see the TEAM B+ splash screen but nothing else, screen turns black afterwards and nook reboots to nook stock.

I don't know why it does this, could be sd card problem.

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

If you have access to these somehow (maybe a backup or what not), the easiest thing you can do is use DropBox.

Just drag your raw epub files over to dropbox and then download the app to your nook- you can reach your old files that way.

Does that then use the Nook reader app to read them?

Solar.Plexus

Jan 29, 2012

Why don't you take the SD card out of your NT and use an SD reader to put it in your computer? Then you can transfer your books that way.

Or use "adb push" if you have adb up and running.

sangahm

Feb 24, 2008
Transfer them into what folder exactly?

To whatever folder you want on your PC. Then when you have CM7, copy them back to a folder on your Nook or SD card (I call mine ebooks).

If these are non-DRM books, you can then use any number of good ebook readers - just point them to that folder. For the DRM books, there are other ways you can research to make them not.

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
To whatever folder you want on your PC. Then when you have CM7, copy them back to a folder on your Nook or SD card (I call mine ebooks).

I meant what folder to put them in on the SDcard so that the Nook app will list them in the library.

Do I read what you are saying that you can put them anywhere or in any new folder you create at any level on the sdcard (root or inside some other folder further down the tree) and they will be picked up by the app?

If not, then my question more precisely is where to place them so that they are automatically seen when the app is opened.

JRam13

Apr 23, 2012
I meant what folder to put them in on the SDcard so that the Nook app will list them in the library.

Do I read what you are saying that you can put them anywhere or in any new folder you create at any level on the sdcard (root or inside some other folder further down the tree) and they will be picked up by the app?

If not, then my question more precisely is where to place them so that they are automatically seen when the app is opened.

Here is what I did.
step 1 - copy your epubs over to dropbox
step 2 - download dropbox app in the nook tablet
step 3 - download your preferred reading app (I used the google reading app)
step 4 - go into dropbox on nook, and click on the file. The epub file will automatically download to your SD card AND get opened by your reading app.
step 5 - your book should show up on the app library.

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
OK, thanks. That is good detail on how to do that, and I will keep it as a guide if I cannot get them into the Nook app.

But that question remains: where do you put them if you want the Nook app to show them in its library?

jasming917

Jan 15, 2012
OK, thanks. That is good detail on how to do that, and I will keep it as a guide if I cannot get them into the Nook app.

But that question remains: where do you put them if you want the Nook app to show them in its library?

You have to open the nook app foler on sd card and them go to documents. This is where you can put all your ebooks gor the nook app to open and list them.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

JRam13

Apr 23, 2012

Oh... simple. You can put them on internal storage. My nook (I:)->My Files->Books

movrshakr

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry, I'm confused as to why you're asking to have books appear on your stock nook app if you seem to be running CM7. :confused:

Ack. More confusion. I am talking about the Nook app for android IN CM7!! Not the stock Nook--you don't have access to that when you are running in CM7!

Yet again I say, we are talking about running this thread's CM7 installation on an sdcard. We are talking about using the android Nook app while running in CM7. We are talking about how to put ebooks onto the sdcard (where, what folder) so that when you open the android Nook app while in CM7 running off the sdcard you automatically see the books in THAT apps library.

Last edited:

digixmax

Jan 17, 2011
Sorry, I'm confused as to why you're asking to have books appear on your stock nook app if you seem to be running CM7. :confused:
I think movrshakr meant the Nook eReader app downloaded from android market place.

I too would prefer to use the Nook eReader app if it were not for its inability to work with eBooks placed in the NT internal user space.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To use ES File Explorer to edit system files, you need to go to ES File Explorer settings and checked "Root Explorer" and "Mount File System". To edit buid.prop, long press on the file and open it as text in ES Note Editor. Build.prop is in your system folder.

For wifi problem,

Try - edit your build.prop and commented out "wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20" by "# wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 20".

Not sure if it'll help with the random wifi drop.

While you're there, change "dalvik.vm.heapsize=64m" to "dalvik.vm.heapsize=128m"

Wifi calibration,

Turn off your wifi and open up terminal

# su
    # insmod system/etc/wifi/tiwlan_drv.ko <-only if tiwlan_drv.ko is not loaded, check by lsmod
    # start wlan_loader
    # ifconfig tiwlan0 up
    # wlan_cu -b
    # / w p 1 l 2 f 2 <-there is space between each character
    # / t b v 21
    # / t b t 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    # / q
    # /system/bin/rmmod tiwlan_drv

Now you can turn on your wifi.

For mounting media partition,

Try - edit your build.prop and add, "ro.additionalmounts=/mnt/media" and
    "ro.vold.switchablepair=/mnt/sdcard,/mnt/media".

I don't know if this work, but in my CM7 build it work when you turn on USB storage. It will mount both sdcard and media partitions.

For reading epub with Nook App,

Copy your epub to /sdcard/Nook/MyDocuments and refresh in the app.
    Now that we've released CM7 again for the NT I thought I'd best start up a proper support thread. Pleas keep it as back reports and help.

Please use this thread to post feedback and to ask questions. The Dev thread is for exactly that, development and not support! Please keep the development thread clear of support and feedback posts.

Live support may be available on irc.freenode.net irc channel #nook-tablet-chat, if any of us are around we'll be happy to help but don't bug people if they are busy please. A web version of irc is available here http://webchat.freenode.net?channels=nook-tablet-chat

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    • Any other information we may find useful

Know bugs for Internal version will be in post #2

Known Bugs for SD version will be in post #3

I'm awaiting a Mod cleanup of this thread and all previous bugs up until the new release will be removed from this thread, should knock it back down to about 2 or 3 pages and give me the 2nd and 3rd posts I mention above.
    Bugs / Issues from the SD version

System will reboot if you remove the SD card, this is completely normal and you should not remove the SD while device is running from it.

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. search this thread for how to fix the issue on SD release

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    Bugs / Issues from the internal version

Market will not work properly after the update unless you install the GApps (follow link in Dev thread)

Wifi sometimes does no reconnect after sleep, simply tap on the status bar to get notification up and toggle wifi off / on and it should reconnect.

There is currently no Reboot to Recovery option in the power menu, you can do this instead by going to rom manager (make sure it's updated via Market / Play)

Mounts aren't working properly due to a typo on 2 lines in build.prop. update zip to be flashed via CWM available HERE

There is still a possible issue with formatting. A member has said that asking the software to format the /media partition totally wiped his entire device completely removing the partition table creating a paperweight. As has been mentioned many times in both thread about CM7, if any formatting needs to be done please do it from a computer and if in the case of the Media partition that's not possible just delete files instead of formatting. Due to the risk involved we have not yet attempted to recreate this issue on our own devices!
    New internal release version Alpha Final released today 9th March

When posting a bug or issue please use the following format to keep things easy for us

• Which install are you using (Internal or SD):
    • What version is your CM7 download that you are using (should be alpha final now):
    • Do you have any mods on your NT (updates or system modifications)
    • If yes to above what have you installed
    • Where is this bug (main system or which application):
    • Can this bug be easily replicated:
    • If yes to above how can we replicate it to check:
    • Description of the bug
    Any other information we may find useful