Nexus 4 fits in the $5 infuse car dock!

Search This thread

astromanic

Nov 8, 2011
Seattle
I ordered the Infuse 4g dock from ATT for $5 shipped because it was supposedly a perfect fit for the Samsung Galaxy S3. However I sold my S3 for the Nexus.

To my pleasant surprise, the dock fits perfectly with the N4, maybe even a little snug when trying to take it back out.

9lXQF.jpg

azX53.jpg

fyYUX.jpg

b6gAR.jpg

Hope y'all can find some for cheap!

Zurginator

Sep 8, 2010
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Haha... this will be my 3rd phone that I've used that dock for. Wonder if my $0.01 Infuse Desktop Dock will work as well. :D

Best investment ever.

Edit: Does sound out through USB work?

Last edited:

bykr_dude15

Aug 1, 2010
I'm talking about this car dock.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Vehicle-Navigation-Galaxy-Infuse/dp/B0098Q65B0/

I have no idea if the other one would work, but my guess is no

you can try something like this if you want to keep the case on.

http://imgur.com/a/W7B8v

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Haha... this will be my 3rd phone that I've used that dock for. Wonder if my $0.01 Infuse Desktop Dock will work as well. :D

Best investment ever.

Edit: Does sound out through USB work?

how would the audio out from usb work if there is no accessory setting to set audio output?

Reactions: xmarcc and MXIIA

blozout

Nov 14, 2009
Is it charging? The Nexus 4 also fits the SGS2 car dock...like a glove. BUT its not charging it unfortunately. Strange.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Jayrod1980

Feb 4, 2009
Far East
Looking at those pictures, do the mount points scratch the phone at all? Are the corners of the dock rubbery? Looks like a good option till some magnetic/wireless charging mounts come out (if ever!).

steslatt

Oct 22, 2010
Is it charging? The Nexus 4 also fits the SGS2 car dock...like a glove. BUT its not charging it unfortunately. Strange.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Does it? Dam I just gave my dock away to :/
It's hard to believe it fits since all the dimensions are bigger on the nexus, maybe its because of the corners being more rounded on the nexus.

monster206

Apr 13, 2010
where for $5

I don't see it for $5? The links that are shared on here for $13 is for the desktop dock and not the car one. Car dock looks like it is $26-27 on amazon?

Top Liked Posts