Rooting nightmare

Search This thread

smurfkilla

Feb 15, 2012
Sorry in advance if i've posted this in the wrong place.

Can anyone help. I am wanting put Android 4.4 kitkat on my Lg g2 D802 (which i think was on EE, T-mobile) . I've tried cynamod as it's the most popular and a couple of others, but they all seem to want use the SD CARD of the phone. The G2 has not got a slot for that and from what i've read on some models there is a partition type thing on the fixed memeory. I don't have that and can't find a way round it. Does anyone know of an alternitive i can use.

Thank you :confused:

TheHaso

Feb 18, 2012
I thinks it's just the internal memory card. The one that shows up when you connect to pc

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smurfkilla

Feb 15, 2012
I thinks it's just the internal memory card. The one that shows up when you connect to pc

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It just show INTERNAL STORAGE on my comp. The problem i've got is if i put the needed files for the rom on the memory where i know where they are. When i go to do the upgrade it deletes them as part of the upgrade. Rooting the phone was easy. it's trying to upgrade thats driving me nuts.

leomd333

Feb 20, 2013
you MUST be wiping the internal storage aswell when "updating", there is no way the ROM.zip will wipe from your storage unless you accidentally wipe it. Just stick it in the root directory of your storage and when wiping...if you are using TWRP, do not select the option to wipe data as it will wipe your internal storage aswell. To wipe data before the flash, go into wipe, advanced and then tick every partition apart from "internal storage"

cggorman

Oct 3, 2013
"Internal Storage" is equivalent to "SD Card". No access to root or system partitions from Windows Explorer. Just me, but I always copy ROMs and other flashable zips to the "download" folder.

I'm agreeing with MalignantQuechnitlan. I haven't used ROM Manager or Clockwork Recovery in at least a year, but it seems you must be electing to wipe your SDCard partition at some point during the installation.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It just show INTERNAL STORAGE on my comp. The problem i've got is if i put the needed files for the rom on the memory where i know where they are. When i go to do the upgrade it deletes them as part of the upgrade. Rooting the phone was easy. it's trying to upgrade thats driving me nuts.

dont wipe internal storage