[APP] really 3D Toshiba_Stripe_Menu.cab [update] [18.03.11]

Search This thread

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
for ALL retro fan´s ToshibaStripesMenu from lost 6.1 ROM (tnx ffboy2009 for find it)

INFO: Support by settings or changings the UI-
i can´t helping
(i only make this cab
biggrin.gif
)

before install the cab, disable all items in home menu, install time is about 1,5 min.(deactivate auto standby or set the stanby time higher) install the cab. Restart.

really 3D effect! works on 6.1 ROM, 6.5 ROM and also 6.5.x ROM

DOWNLOAD LINK toshibaStripeUI:_full

TG01_20.jpg
TG01_23.jpg

have fun, miRO

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Thatd great miro! i will test it out when i have my WiFi connection fixed to dowload it. atm i only have 2g and downloads are too slow... Thanks! In the other thread, Kevin said it bricked his device, i think it is because it is designed only for 6.1/6.5 roms and not 6.5.3. i will test on your miROM14 later, cheers!

p.s - is this uninstallable? thanks! also how did you make it? it would be nice to know :D

Last edited:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Thatd great miro! i will test it out when i have my WiFi connection fixed to dowload it. atm i only have 2g and downloads are too slow... Thanks! In the other thread, Kevin said it bricked his device, i think it is because it is designed only for 6.1/6.5 roms and not 6.5.3. i will test on your miROM14 later, cheers!

p.s - is this uninstallable? thanks! also how did you make it? it would be nice to know :D

it works on my miROM1_beta_Sense2019 os 6.5.5. very well :D. i dont know why kevin has problem with it :confused:. i think work on all roms. AND yes you can allways remove! use 22 MB Storage.

for the best: before install the cab, disable all items in home menu, install the cab. no restart needed. go back in home settings, toshiba menu is selected. press ok and toshiStripes starts!

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Finally got it! works great on your miROM14 :) thanks alot! your very smart to make a cab out of this.. Just out of interest, which files did you use? You could also post this in the Windows Mobile Development Forum.. Many, many peoplehave wanted this on their non-htc phones. they would be so happy, and your thanks meter will rocket up ;)
cheers!

Reactions: mirolg

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Finally got it! works great on your miROM14 :) thanks alot! your very smart to make a cab out of this.. Just out of interest, which files did you use? You could also post this in the Windows Mobile Development Forum.. Many, many peoplehave wanted this on their non-htc phones. they would be so happy, and your thanks meter will rocket up ;)
cheers!

yeah, nice to hear that it works :)! i said- that works! :D
can you perhaps post 2-3 screen shoots, please? :cool:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I dont have a clock on this stripes in clean wm6.1:) what i must do to see it?:D
yes I@you can configure it to have the flip clock in the gadget zone. refer to the user manual ;)
miro atm im not home and don't have my pc, but will post somescreens shots! I also don't have it installed in the rom to hard reset this morning because of some software which bricked my phone! (dont worry it wasnt your stripe menu cab!) But for now, go to the post screenshots thread in the themes and appps forum. some people have posted their devices with the stripes menu when they first got their tg. cheers !

kevinpwhite

Nov 19, 2006

Assuming you meant me (?) - no, hadn't had any issues. But have not tried the stripes since very first encounter with the TG, since which I've been running debranded completely. I have looked at the multitude of files involve in the stripes UI, but I'm afraid purely from the persepective of stripping out rather than adding back.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Assuming you meant me (?) - no, hadn't had any issues. But have not tried the stripes since very first encounter with the TG, since which I've been running debranded completely. I have looked at the multitude of files involve in the stripes UI, but I'm afraid purely from the persepective of stripping out rather than adding back.
Sorry! I meant to say that it was the recent new member kevinchr not kevinpwhite, who had been requesting all l developers to create a cab file got him.
I personally like this UI as my alternate UI when I'm not using TouchFlo because its a nice change :)

TONYKENT

Jan 9, 2006
Miro

With 6.5.5 the red and green phone buttons are obscured and the blinds to not "turn". The Tosh interface uses a lot of memory too

T

kevinpwhite

Nov 19, 2006
Miro

With 6.5.5 the red and green phone buttons are obscured and the blinds to not "turn". The Tosh interface uses a lot of memory too

T
I am not absolutely certain, but recall some commments a while back that the blinds only rotated on the original 6.1 edition and Toshiba made some changes with the 6.5 update which stopped that, presumably due reported problems...

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I am not absolutely certain, but recall some commments a while back that the blinds only rotated on the original 6.1 edition and Toshiba made some changes with the 6.5 update which stopped that, presumably due reported problems...
Yes i think they removed it because many people found that it was slow and unresponsive in early ROMs. But it was still slow anyway. they were too lazy to rewrite the software.

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Miro I can confirm that this cab works flawlessly on ANY rom!! :D
It's got the 3D animation too and waaaaaaaaaay more smoother than original 6.1 roms.

I will advice anyone who wants to use this cab, to use on new kitchen's production. This extra RAM is very well used by this stripes menu!

I am LOVING it!! It's fresher than sense UI and I think if toshiba din't kill it with little ram and clunked up 6.1 OS, then original UI was attractive at least for the first sight. I've already been asked 'what phone is it' - 4 times after I installed this cab ;)

Only few huge request are:
  1. Can you please look into trying to see if you can create something like 'StripeMenu Editor'?
  2. An app that can edit i.e. give more options that can be added/removed to stripes?
  3. An app that can let us have more than 3 colour stripe combinations?
  4. An app that can let us remove the stripes we want to remove i.e. the Orange world stripe can be removed? - something like 'titanium editor' apps.

I know it's very big ask especially from someone who is crap at developing, but I think there is potential to lift this UI with that little app.

I've already given you all 5 thnx again ;) but will flow more towards your way :D

Reactions: maxmobil201

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for ALL retro fan´s ToshibaStripesMenu from lost 6.1 ROM (tnx ffboy2009 for find it)

INFO: Support by settings or changings the UI-
    i can´t helping
    (i only make this cab
    biggrin.gif
    )

before install the cab, disable all items in home menu, install time is about 1,5 min.(deactivate auto standby or set the stanby time higher) install the cab. Restart.

really 3D effect! works on 6.1 ROM, 6.5 ROM and also 6.5.x ROM

DOWNLOAD LINK toshibaStripeUI:_full

TG01_20.jpg
    TG01_23.jpg

have fun, miRO

it works on my miROM1_beta_Sense2019 os 6.5.5. very well :D. i dont know why kevin has problem with it :confused:. i think work on all roms. AND yes you can allways remove! use 22 MB Storage.

for the best: before install the cab, disable all items in home menu, install the cab. no restart needed. go back in home settings, toshiba menu is selected. press ok and toshiStripes starts!
    cheers!

yeah, nice to hear that it works :)! i said- that works! :D
    can you perhaps post 2-3 screen shoots, please? :cool:
    for ALL retro fan´s ToshibaStripesMenu from lost 6.1 ROM (tnx ffboy2009 for find it :D)

really 3D flipp effect! cab in first post
    tg01 stripe editor: mini project

Ok I can provide the following:

a) More than 8-9 options in the stripe menu i.e. you can add as many short cuts as you like in the stripes

b) Icons of your choice (I don't have many icons but if someone finds icon set that is suitable, I can re-size and include them. Especially for 'settings' and 'tools' option.

c) I can remove Orange World stripe and try and add a stripe for something else (what else, I don't know yet)

d) I can also replace one or more stripe profiles and can give choice of 2-3 classy stripes profile. If anyone is good at designing and wants to help - you can provide me a good combination of 8 images (in gradient form or blank colours) - .bmp images 160 x 696 and also 800 x 126 (for landscape mode). I am already making a set of alteration of green and grey (android look) stripes profile right now! :D

e) I saw kevinpwhite mention somewhere about his problem with not being able to change the 'toshiba motion sensor' or some other sort of background. I might have found the solution to that. Kevin if you are reading this thread - did you see 3 to 4 sets of same maroon and black backgrounds? If no, then I did. I am going to try and change ALL of them to black and see, if i can successfully change all the 'toshiba' backgrounds to black.

f) I will try and see if I can create a space for addition of more than 3 stripe colours. If so, 5-7 profile choices will make good sense ;)

I am leaving these development ideas in miro's thread for now, but if there is good response/ideas and enthusiasm, I might kick it off as a separate project and link it to this one.

Right now, am working on gray/green android look profile that will replace 'oriental' profile.

Will update with screenshots if successful.