Urgent (please help)

Search This thread

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Like a dummy I think I deleted something I wasnt suppose to. I tried flashing artmod using philztouh recovery (latest). when I went to flash artmod it was giving me a status 7 installation fail and was talking about needing 5 args but only having 4. so I went back to the mounts/storage and started formating everything except the sdcard and sns but I formated /firmware and tried formatting /persist. Now my phone only boots a few roms IE>...CM 11 M4 and Mokee but the wifi is not turning on at all and there are no sim apn's....I cant use mobile data or wifi whatsoever...I have tried manually entering any apn's I can find to no avail. I should of never used philztouch when I have no idea what formatting /firmware would of actually done to the device....Im guessing I need to return to stock using LGPNT (which is another thing I hope the file itself isnt huge b/c I have a ****ty ass wifi connection that im pulling from air)...I have done just about everything I can possibly think about doing to include trying to restore TWRP roms I had previously back-uped.....Just sat on the vanir boot screen carbon rom doesnt boot whatsoever either nor do PACMan....Im now back with TWRP with efs/sdcard/KK support. I havent changed radios or anything....Can someone please give me a hand so I dont have anice shiny brick

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I believe my phone has been N4 Converted...here is what bootloader tells me

Fastboot Mode
Product_Name-Mako
Variant-Make 16GB
HW version-rev-10
Bootloader version-MAKOZ10f
Baseband Version- N/A
Carrier Info- None
Serial Number - Im leaving this blank
Signing- Production
Secure Boot- Enabled
Lock State- Unlocked

brothaedhung

Nov 30, 2011
Seattle-ish
Google Pixel 7
I believe my phone has been N4 Converted...here is what bootloader tells me

Fastboot Mode
Product_Name-Mako
Variant-Make 16GB
HW version-rev-10
Bootloader version-MAKOZ10f
Baseband Version- N/A
Carrier Info- None
Serial Number - Im leaving this blank
Signing- Production
Secure Boot- Enabled
Lock State- Unlocked

I think that just means you have the mako bootloader. Mine says the same thing and I've never converted.

Have you tried restoring your efs partitions? You can if you have an old TWRP backup, or freegee, or they might be sitting on your sdcard.

Maybe flash the at&t jb radio after restoring efs.

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I think that just means you have the mako bootloader. Mine says the same thing and I've never converted.

Have you tried restoring your efs partitions? You can if you have an old TWRP backup, or freegee, or they might be sitting on your sdcard.

Maybe flash the at&t jb radio after restoring efs.

Ive looked into the EFS back up folder and I see three of em but how can I restore an efs ? I have an old back up of vanir but it never booted and I have two twrp back up's of carbon but they were failed back-ups....I really have no idea how any of this happened ? Its like the phone doesnt even recognize the sim card and wifi wont even turn on whatsoever (3 hours ago everything was working perfectly). It wasnt til I formatted /firmware with philztouch recovery that all of these problems occured....

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
.. thanked by mistake

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Just use lgnpst to return to stock? If WiFi sucks, just calm down, go to a library tomorrow to download. Learn from this experience, ask questions before you try stuff, and you won't be in this situation again.

Last edited:

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
.. thanked by mistake

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Just use lgnpst to return to stock? If WiFi sucks, just calm down, go to a library tomorrow to download.

I dont think the file exists thru codefire.re anymore, unless something is messing up on my end...yeah about that LPGNST, Ive seen a few different threads about that ordeal and really not sure which one to follow...

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
yeah I followed that link but it doesnt seem to really be the problem Im having. My phone's not bricked (soft or hard bricked)....a few roms are having a hard time boot (which Im not sure why considering Ive completely wiped the entire phone)...Right now the phone's booting with cm11 M4...The only problem Im having is inability to connect to wife and missing apn list...the phone isnt recognizing the sim card...If I can grab that att jb radio and see if that's the culprit and it doesnt work...Ill give that link a try....Really not sure i the local library allows downloadable content or not...Might be just for surfting...B&N as well as Panera Bread all block downloads, purely net surfing only...

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
yeah I followed that link but it doesnt seem to really be the problem Im having. My phone's not bricked (soft or hard bricked)....a few roms are having a hard time boot (which Im not sure why considering Ive completely wiped the entire phone)...Right now the phone's booting with cm11 M4...The only problem Im having is inability to connect to wife and missing apn list...the phone isnt recognizing the sim card...If I can grab that att jb radio and see if that's the culprit and it doesnt work...Ill give that link a try....Really not sure i the local library allows downloadable content or not...Might be just for surfting...B&N as well as Panera Bread all block downloads, purely net surfing only...

If your phone doesn't even see the SIM card, it may be more than a radio issue. Your library don't give a **** what you download, they are paid too little to care.

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
If your phone doesn't even see the SIM card, it may be more than a radio issue. Your library don't give a **** what you download, they are paid too little to care.

yeah that's what I was thinking as well....just gotta get the phone up and running, expecting calls and what not...Didnt expect all of this to happen....guess you gotta learn one way or another....if i could flash that radio tonight, reboot and see if that's been causing the problems..tomorrow id get started on that LG program...If used something similiar with the LG OpT about 5 years ago (different scenario)

brothaedhung

Nov 30, 2011
Seattle-ish
Google Pixel 7
yeah that's what I was thinking as well....just gotta get the phone up and running, expecting calls and what not...Didnt expect all of this to happen....guess you gotta learn one way or another....if i could flash that radio tonight, reboot and see if that's been causing the problems..tomorrow id get started on that LG program...If used something similiar with the LG OpT about 5 years ago (different scenario)

I updated the link in my thread. Should work now.

Reactions: jxcorex28

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
well sound doesnt work now, nor does voice commands or any type of voice anything....so voice, sound, wifi, data....all of this from formating /firmware using philztouch recovery....

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
brotha you the man....that fixed everything.....it's back up and running again....optimusv (thank you as well for the assistance)....I still dont know what made the phone act that way aftering formatting /firmware....kinda curious

Reactions: brothaedhung

blake .l

May 6, 2011
Newport
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I had a similar problem trying to install Art Mod rom on my LG OG using Philz touch CWM recovery!!! I switched to TWRP 2.6.3.0 and have not had any problems... Just something about the newer version that don't mingle well with the rom.. if I'm not mistaken CWM 6.0.3.8 works well with the rom also..

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
I had a problem just a few moments ago trying to use the efs supported/kk TWRP & also philztouch...PT recovery gave me a status 7 and kk supported TWRP gave me an error on mounting /system...I have not used CWM or official TWRP...I'd like to try artmod but I'm still hooked on xposed framework and cm ROMs

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

optimusv45

Jan 22, 2012
Huntington, WV
I had a problem just a few moments ago trying to use the efs supported/kk TWRP & also philztouch...PT recovery gave me a status 7 and kk supported TWRP gave me an error on mounting /system...I have not used CWM or official TWRP...I'd like to try artmod but I'm still hooked on xposed framework and cm ROMs

Sent from my LG-E970 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

What is an efs supported/kk twrp and phil... if you're using the right recovery l, flashing the right rom, and still encountering issues. I would recommend just lgnpst back to stock to have a fresh start since the process of going back to stock, rooting and installing recovery for this phone is quite simple

jxcorex28

Feb 20, 2014
Tuscaloosa, Al.
Recovery modified by brothedhung...I just used cwm 6.0.3.8 to try artmod. I wasn't to crazy about the stock experience. Switched back to pa beta...

Sent from my LG Optimus G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well i tried finding a copy of the at&t jb radio on your rom thread but codefire.re has told me file not found on mozzila and chrome

I updated the link in my thread. Should work now.
    brotha you the man....that fixed everything.....it's back up and running again....optimusv (thank you as well for the assistance)....I still dont know what made the phone act that way aftering formatting /firmware....kinda curious